What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I like it since it makes going into gear a lot easier. I have the full Acuity Short Shifter assembly installed. Installed this a couple days ago.

IMG_20200627_134544_056.jpg

IMG_20200627_134544_061.jpg
That looks wild. Between the offset and the height, I've never seen anything like it. What's the logic behind this design? Is the idea to generate extra leverage, thus making it easier to move into gear? Or is the design mostly for aesthetics?

Dirt

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6-Spd Manual
That looks wild. Between the offset and the height, I've never seen anything like it. What's the logic behind this design? Is the idea to generate extra leverage, thus making it easier to move into gear? Or is the design mostly for aesthetics?
For me its functional. Just like with a ratchet the more leverage you have the easier it is to take off lets say an axle nut if you didn't have a breaker bar attached. I'm not sure if you've driven with the full shifter from Acuity but you sometimes gotta use a little bit of force to make sure it goes into gear. It's definitely not as seamless as the stock shifter. Once I installed this with the heavier shift knob and extension it goes into gear so much easier. I removed it and had a friend try the stock knob vs this and he agrees that its so much easier to put into gear. Plus it looks pretty crazy.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn’t do anything to my car today but an employee of my landlord sure did something... backed a bobcat into my hatch. Landlord is having a new driveway put in.
I’ve had the car 30 days since new today. :mad:

Gonna need a whole new hatch, interior plastics, new window (obviously), whole new wiper assembly, new lower spoiler. Any maybe more. Just had the windows tinted a week ago too.

Worst part is I have an acuity stage 3 shifter kit, and a k-tuner coming in the mail for it tomorrow...:banghead:

Anyone have suggestions for me?
Use insurance money for CF hatch! replacement! :)

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sedan Sport
Country flag
Didn't do it today but recently I installed my new Buddy Club Time Attack steering wheel. Definitely love the quality of it and how much more comfortable in the hands it is. Its also far more nice to look at over the stodk wheel. If anyone was thinking of replacing the stock wheel, it is an easy install that takes less than an hour to put in.

IMG_20200620_151252_575.jpg
How much was this, looks great!

BigRedtheGinger

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 6MT, 1988 Honda CRX SI, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 V8
Country flag
Gotta get a sound clip of this dawg, im interested in hearing without the res.

That is just revving in place

That one is an easy take off and flooring it. A friend at the shop recorded that one. When going up hill, it does have a bit of drone and gets loud inside the car, but on level ground cruising, it's pretty quiet.

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't do anything today but this is how she sits a year and a half later

20200702_125232.jpg
We should start a new "What have you done in the last 18 Months" topic. ;)

In all seriousness what springs are you on?