What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

EspadaTiburon

First Name
Harlan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Yes! I bought all 4 speakers for under 100 bucks off Crutchfield and the sound material cost about $20 off Amazon.
Are you running them through an amp?
I've been thinking about upgrading all 8 stock speakers in the car because the sound has been pretty bad, but I don't have the money to get an amp too atm. Worried the stock headunit without an amp won't be enough to power them properly.
Sponsored

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been thinking about upgrading all 8 stock speakers in the car because the sound has been pretty bad, but I don't have the money to get an amp too atm. Worried the stock headunit without an amp won't be enough to power them properly.
No amp dedicated to the speakers right now, it’s something I thought about though. I’m running a Kenwood head unit which definitely puts out a lot more power compared to the stock one that comes in the LX/Sport trims.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 319A366B-751E-4C58-8B4D-B2A4AE1A185F

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 2896EEE5-C67E-4AE2-B278-4BB7C7D1DA6A

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No amp dedicated to the speakers right now, it’s something I thought about though. I’m running a Kenwood head unit which definitely puts out a lot more power compared to the stock one that comes in the LX/Sport trims.

319A366B-751E-4C58-8B4D-B2A4AE1A185F.jpeg

2896EEE5-C67E-4AE2-B278-4BB7C7D1DA6A.jpeg
Does that new unit have a... CD PLAYER:confused1::spaz: lol just asking cause ever since I got my car, I’ve missed getting my huge CD case and popping in those bad boys

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does that new unit have a... CD PLAYER:confused1::spaz: lol just asking cause ever since I got my car, I’ve missed getting my huge CD case and popping in those bad boys
Hahaha yes!! It reminds me of my first car, 2008 Dodge Caliber. All of my music was on my iPhone, but my Caliber only had a CD player and nothing else with the stock stereo. Oh how the times have changed

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Lol I installed my sub. I'm going to fix wires soon, right now I thought to myself(noone will see my trunk) I never use it anyway and also I usually put groceries in front seat. Hx2 is my favorite old school sub. If you ever see one grab one. I had so many of these. When I lived in Omaha, I was pulled over by gang unit. They said they could hear my car far far away. Cops lie though lol. It's loud though,I had to turn sub output to negative 15.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200324_154920

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200324_154932

Mestiso863

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're looking for an inexpensive amp check out Crunch Audio they're part of the Maxxsonics family with MB Quart, Hifonics and Autotek. Pretty powerful amps for reasonable price. I got a 1200 watt 2 ch amp for $55

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Torino_85

Hector & Christine
First Name
Christine&Hec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha I got some but more of a sky blue and cops do not care. Driven by a bunch here in SoCal. As long as it’s not a solid lit dark blue, you’re fine
I noticed they don’t seem to care as much as before, at least here in my city.

Last edited:

EspadaTiburon

First Name
Harlan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

319A366B-751E-4C58-8B4D-B2A4AE1A185F.jpeg

2896EEE5-C67E-4AE2-B278-4BB7C7D1DA6A.jpeg
Ah okay. That makes more sense. I'm not sure if my stock headunit would be able to power all of them properly and I don't really want to get a new one.

If you're looking for an inexpensive amp check out Crunch Audio they're part of the Maxxsonics family with MB Quart, Hifonics and Autotek. Pretty powerful amps for reasonable price. I got a 1200 watt 2 ch amp for $55
Thanks. Will check them out!
Sponsored