What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad to see you were able to get it without the front plate.
Me too! From what I could tell, the dealer leaves the front plate off all of their vehicles until someone purchases them. I asked them to keep it off of mine.

Advertisement

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
N

never noticed but, do all coupes have that hole/access port for the tow hook/ strap?
Not that i could find. I had to cut the vent out with a razor blade. Took off the bumper. Drilled a hole into the crash bar. Installed the strap. Reinstalled everything. Took me maybe 45 mins?

MarshX

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not that i could find. I had to cut the vent out with a razor blade. Took off the bumper. Drilled a hole into the crash bar. Installed the strap. Reinstalled everything. Took me maybe 45 mins?
Ohhh okay. That’s explains that

silverrascal

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed a set of Si rims back on my Civic hatch. Had them before but had to unload them. Finally, saved up cash and found a set for sale. Put on a set of Falken ZIEX all seasons and we're happy again.

To add: the guys at my local @Discount Tire did the work and as usual did a great job.

Shred

First Name
Will
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R, Civic Hatch EX-L (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed a set of Si rims back on my Civic hatch. Had them before but had to unload them. Finally, saved up cash and found a set for sale. Put on a set of Falken ZIEX all seasons and we're happy again.

To add: the guys at my local @Discount Tire did the work and as usual did a great job.

Hah, this is the next mod I'm doing. I'm just waiting for winter to be officially over so I won't accidentally christen the wheels in a snow storm.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 civic EX-T coupe
Country flag

Looks great! I’ve been thinking about SI rims myself. How are the falkens I had them on my Tiburon very nosey and didn’t last long but that was pothole city NY

silverrascal

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks great! I’ve been thinking about SI rims myself. How are the falkens I had them on my Tiburon very nosey and didn’t last long but that was pothole city NY
Thanks man! I got the Falken ZIEX960 A/S in 235/40/18s and my initial impression is that these are quieter than the Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S that come stock from Honda. They also have a bit more compliant ride which is nice since roads around here are always a mixed bag. The handling is a little more muted than I would like. GY Eagle Sports handles a bit more crisp. I don't intend to track this car but really needed a nice all-season tire that does most everything fairly well and also doesn't break the bank. But I've only driven 20 miles(!) with them today so lemme come back in about 1,000 miles and give a more thorough review.