What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
got the HID kit in and wired and installed the grill, trying to find a Badge that is compatible with this grill, Ebay ad said the original badge would fit but thats a line of bull. I'll get pictures tomorrow and update this post.

decided to delay the oil change till I can do both oil and trans fluids at the same time and I need to wait for the crush washers to arrive for that and need to build some extensions for my Rhino Ramps so I can actually get the car onto the ramps.
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
got the HID kit in and wired and installed the grill, trying to find a Badge that is compatible with this grill, Ebay ad said the original badge would fit but thats a line of bull. I'll get pictures tomorrow and update this post.

decided to delay the oil change till I can do both oil and trans fluids at the same time and I need to wait for the crush washers to arrive for that and need to build some extensions for my Rhino Ramps so I can actually get the car onto the ramps.
I've got those rhino ramps, if you remove the three bolts on that little plastic piece hanging down each side of the car, they pop right off and car goes right up the ramps.
I think those pieces have something to do with air flow or noise reduction, something like that, but they come off very easily.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've got those rhino ramps, if you remove the three bolts on that little plastic piece hanging down each side of the car, they pop right off and car goes right up the ramps.
I think those pieces have something to do with air flow or noise reduction, something like that, but they come off very easily.
little plastic piece?? either way the bigger issue is my driveway, it's at an incline then levels out toward the bottom, my Trailblazer (which is lowered 2 inches from stock) hits the air dam below the bumper pulling onto them and the civic is twice as close to the ground as that truck.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
little plastic piece?? either way the bigger issue is my driveway, it's at an incline then levels out toward the bottom, my Trailblazer (which is lowered 2 inches from stock) hits the air dam below the bumper pulling onto them and the civic is twice as close to the ground as that truck.
Yea, I'm not sure the thecnical name for them, but on both my civics , they are the pieces that contact the ramp and had to be removed, so I thought that is what you were referring to.
They also have the same pieces in front of the rear tires, just look like mini splash guards but on the front side.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
replaced the Air Filter, based on how tight the bolts where (tighter then you would get this with a screw driver, had to be run down with a nut driver for sure, but was able to break them free with a Phillips Head) I believe this was the OG Filter (I could just ask my brother and confirm, but thats a dumb thing to call about). Anyway 41.7k miles it was time for a new one. (side by side was under crappy light, brought old one inside for better lighting).

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20190924_003518

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20190924_012607

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20190924_012612

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
replaced the Air Filter, based on how tight the bolts where (tighter then you would get this with a screw driver, had to be run down with a nut driver for sure, but was able to break them free with a Phillips Head) I believe this was the OG Filter (I could just ask my brother and confirm, but thats a dumb thing to call about). Anyway 41.7k miles it was time for a new one. (side by side was under crappy light, brought old one inside for better lighting).

20190924_003518.jpg

20190924_012607.jpg

20190924_012612.jpg
Holy shmokes. Looong overdue for a new filter lol

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Holy shmokes. Looong overdue for a new filter lol
you can definitely tell which side the intake actually pulls air in through, gonna be interesting to see what if any effects a clean filter will have on MPG.

Also futzed around with the HID's, think something might be wrong/loose in the Relay/Relay Harness because repositioning the relays was enough to get the driverside bulb to fire up after cycling the switch, also received the washers for the trans drain port. hoping to get all this maintenance done next weekend and not have to worry about anything for like a year.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s a jailbreak tweak in iPhone called CarBridge. Let’s you use any app on CarPlay and when you change the icons on the phone they pass over to the headunit
yeah but what about that volume knob and buttons on the left side, doesn't look like the stock unit physically.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s a 2019 civic. They added a volume knob. And for the red knobs I believe they are just trim covers.
oh, OK, so that was one of the small changes and yeah I saw those covers on Amazon tonight.
Sponsored