What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Re-did the partial wrap on my hood. The red VViVid carbon fiber I used for ¾" accent stripes on the side faded to pin within 2 weeks. Got a refund through Amazon, then they changed the listing to say "for interior use only." Also wasn't a fan of Avery's carbon fiber vinyl. Was like velcro to, well, any cloth I used to wipe it down. Went back to 3M 1080 carbon fiber, and used 3M's gloss dragon red for the accent stripes, this time ½" wide.

Here's how faded it got inside of a month. Added bonus for the 2 samples I was going back and forth on. Ended up with the gloss and not satin
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Y0OSlH3

and how it looks now
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 9KNAlDK

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PWLoALD

raf702

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport SGP
Country flag

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
Re-did the partial wrap on my hood. The red VViVid carbon fiber I used for ¾" accent stripes on the side faded to pin within 2 weeks. Got a refund through Amazon, then they changed the listing to say "for interior use only." Also wasn't a fan of Avery's carbon fiber vinyl. Was like velcro to, well, any cloth I used to wipe it down. Went back to 3M 1080 carbon fiber, and used 3M's gloss dragon red for the accent stripes, this time ½" wide.

Here's how faded it got inside of a month. Added bonus for the 2 samples I was going back and forth on. Ended up with the gloss and not satin
Y0OSlH3.jpg

and how it looks now
9KNAlDK.jpg

PWLoALD.jpg
Looks good! Hopefully holds up better!

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks good! Hopefully holds up better!
Thanks! I had a bunch of leftover of the 3M 1080 red I used on my interior (its a hair darker than the stuff I just put on), so I cut a small square and put it on my windshield and monitored it for a few weeks. That little swatch didn't fade, so I'm hoping this stuff holds up as well, since they're both part of the 1080 line. Only time will tell

xenon04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What’s your sound setup ?
"premium" 10 speakers audio with stock amp
tweeters so far changed
today I mounted the center speaker in dashboard
next will be front door speakers
and in the future i want to add amp + subwoofer to trunk
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20190905_104047

CharlyWingate

First Name
Charly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Country flag

PWLoALD.jpg
Is that pinstripe tape on the bottom? For some reason I can't find any around me for like 4 bucks cheap, you know where to get some for cheap or am I stuck with the $10+ options? I'm looking for blue or electric blue

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is that pinstripe tape on the bottom? For some reason I can't find any around me for like 4 bucks cheap, you know where to get some for cheap or am I stuck with the $10+ options? I'm looking for blue or electric blue
Yep, complete impulse buy when I was at AutoZone. Here's the $4 stuff I got. Unfortunately, doesn't look like they have blue. For that color, you may have to settle for the $10+ stuff.

velocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Y0OSlH3.jpg

and how it looks now
9KNAlDK.jpg

PWLoALD.jpg
links to the 3M dragon red tape?

crxFITcivicBOY

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks! I had a bunch of leftover of the 3M 1080 red I used on my interior (its a hair darker than the stuff I just put on), so I cut a small square and put it on my windshield and monitored it for a few weeks. That little swatch didn't fade, so I'm hoping this stuff holds up as well, since they're both part of the 1080 line. Only time will tell
Did you use the vinyl “cutting tape” to shape the lines for the CF portion?