What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the nice write up but you may want to consider a little spring cleaning. Holy crap! :eek:
Haha! That was my first thought, also. :D

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did the door panel piece just pop out or did you remove the whole door panel
Wrapping the trim in painters tape first, that’s it interesting idea. I wonder what the probability is of the adhesive on the tape waining overtime.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Added another Honda to the family. Picked up a '19 Insight EX for the wife (replaced her '04 Corolla S).

IMG_20190902_095231.jpg
How do you like the insight? I couldn’t stand the fake engine noise. And it’s strange even though it’s been out awhile, I have yet to see an insight in the wild.

bendrich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Impreza HB :'(
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did the door panel piece just pop out or did you remove the whole door panel
You have to remove the whole panel. The little garnish/accent whatever you want to call it piece is held in with 3 or 4 screws. A good portion of the dash needs to come apart to get all those trim bits out too.

I watched this guy's videos to figure it out.

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed my GReddy exhaust today. All I gotta say is the sound is precisely what I was looking for. Nothing over the top but definitely a nice upgrade over the stock exhaust.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 590281B3-1B53-41C0-81EB-F06766FE9710

XGenTakeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Installed my GReddy exhaust today. All I gotta say is the sound is precisely what I was looking for. Nothing over the top but definitely a nice upgrade over the stock exhaust.

590281B3-1B53-41C0-81EB-F06766FE9710.jpeg
Very clean! Did you get droning at 2-3k? Nice color btw! The red is growing on me lol

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I’m a daily commuter so I burned a hole through my OEM driver floormat in 20k miles. I ended up grabbing a set of the Lloyd Ultimat in Ebony. They are a great match to the OEM carpet, are much softer, and feel great since I’m a barefoot driver. If I burn a hole through these, I’m going to try their Luxe mats since they have a lifetime warranty!

08cpfrm.jpg
OtjznlJ.jpg
I was one of the early adopters of the Lloyd Ultimats and I can tell you mine look brand new after two years. No worries about a hole in those mats.

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very clean! Did you get droning at 2-3k? Nice color btw! The red is growing on me lol
I notice slight droning at 2.5K RPM while freeway driving. I have a pretty decent audio system installed already however so I’m usually blasting music whenever I drive regardless. My music covers any sort of drone that I’ve come across so far. Thank you for the compliment :)

Last edited:

Tiza

First Name
Kendrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Type R, 19 Buick Encore
Country flag
First external mods came in today!
Got red badges for my Si, as well as a red vinyl overlay from VinylMod for the Civic emblem. Before and after pics:

Front:
Pre-install:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) FJlNAfv

Comparison:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Wd5IAgz

Post-install:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) q94BYNx

Back:
Before:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) KluwxxV

Civic overlay:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) fDIglvy

Post-install:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 2eP3b94

Up next, I've got new license plate frames coming in tomorrow and smoked side markers coming in some time next week. Sometime in the future I want to replace the center caps on the wheels with red badges and get a front lip with a red pin stripe on it, but that's all that's left for external mods :)

XGenTakeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I notice slight droning at 2.5K RPM while freeway driving. I have a pretty decent audio system installed already however so I’m usually blasting music whenever I drive regardless. My music covers any sort of drone that I’ve come across so far. Thank you for the compliment :)
Cool! Did you experience any power loss on the lower end ?

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cool! Did you experience any power loss on the lower end ?
Now that you mention it, I have noticed a slight difference. I am running a stage 2 tune currently and for my style of driving at least I don't really expect that I will run into any problems.

NUshek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan EX-T 6MT
Country flag
How do you like the insight? I couldn’t stand the fake engine noise. And it’s strange even though it’s been out awhile, I have yet to see an insight in the wild.
It handles well (I guess that's to be expected given it rides on the Civic platform). I also am not a fan of the fake engine noise. We had to drive it back 100+ miles to get it home so I got a good amount of seat time already. I think it's fine for what it is. Definitely a big difference from my EXT 6MT. I like the entertainment screen and interface better than my Civic. It's also extremely quiet (aside from the fake engine noise). The wife wanted a hybrid and out of the ones out there this was probably the best option for what she wanted. I see the Insight every few weeks in the wild here in NorCal.
Sponsored