What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
How much is the replacement and what aftermarket company makes it since it won't be a Honda OEM windshield.
Got my windshield replaced today by a local company referred by my State Farm agent. Total came out to $300 and the installer said that my aftermarket windshield is OEM (practically). But when I inquired about OEM glass the price was $500 not including the seal's and disposal.
Can't complain, job was done in 45 minutes and I can't tell the difference.

Installed in my driveway
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_E3963.JPG

OEM Glass
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_E3964.JPG

Aftermarket replacement. Same company FY (Fuyao)
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_E3966.JPG

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my windshield replaced today by a local company referred by my State Farm agent. Total came out to $300 and the installer said that my aftermarket windshield is OEM (practically). But when I inquired about OEM glass the price was $500 not including the seal's and disposal.
Can't complain, job was done in 45 minutes and I can't tell the difference.

Installed in my driveway
IMG_E3963.JPG

OEM Glass
IMG_E3964.JPG

Aftermarket replacement. Same company FY (Fuyao)
IMG_E3966.JPG
correct, same Fuyao glass, but the original one might be produced in USA while the relacement in China, in a huge factory not far from my home. Is the black dotted area around the mirror the same as before? The chinese version is slightly different.
My windshield doesn't have Fuyao logo but all the other glasses do. I also think mine is not acoustic, i will check later.

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
correct, same Fuyao glass, but the original one might be produced in USA while the relacement in China, in a huge factory not far from my home. Is the black dotted area around the mirror the same as before? The chinese version is slightly different.
My windshield doesn't have Fuyao logo but all the other glasses do. I also think mine is not acoustic, i will check later.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the info. Yes, the dot matrix around the mirror is the same since I remember using it to line up my dash cam.

hatch_dawg

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
no i dont have the boot and ive put electrical tape instead ;)
He asked if that’s what he needed for it to fit properly. Electrical tape doesn’t fit into that equation.

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
installed type R emblems on the front and rear. When i was removing the stock emblem on the rear, i broke off the little push studs that go into the plastic of the trunk. Now they are rattling around inside the trunk actual trunk lid, anyone know of a way to get those out or are they in there forever?

lewis0110

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Ordered roof racks from rhino rack, and everything came in but the foot kit. Apparently it’s back ordered until mid October, go figure. :banghead:

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was walking around my car last night checking out my HIDs and I noticed something on the INSIDE of the passenger headlight...a flippin' finger print! Its right on the projector housing for the low beam. What the heck...

Not sure how I haven't noticed before...maybe the white light of the HIDs made it more apparent/obvious than the halogens did.

Not sure if this is covered by warranty...and at the same time Im not sure its worthwhile to try since I'm not sure I want them disassembling my front end considering the grill/bumper issues people have had.

Maybe this just will motivate me to do a proper HID retrofit if it really bugs me after a while. Fortunately it doesnt mess with the light output...I would HAVE to do something if it did.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20170928_200008_HDR[1]

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was walking around my car last night checking out my HIDs and I noticed something on the INSIDE of the passenger headlight...a flippin' finger print! Its right on the projector housing for the low beam. What the heck...

Not sure how I haven't noticed before...maybe the white light of the HIDs made it more apparent/obvious than the halogens did.

Not sure if this is covered by warranty...and at the same time Im not sure its worthwhile to try since I'm not sure I want them disassembling my front end considering the grill/bumper issues people have had.

Maybe this just will motivate me to do a proper HID retrofit if it really bugs me after a while. Fortunately it doesnt mess with the light output...I would HAVE to do something if it did.

20170928_200008_HDR[1].jpg
Bummer dude... You could try pulling the bulb out and use a long q-tip with some windex on it through the hole. This is only if it's on the flat side of the lens.

Take this advice with a grain of salt tho... It would suck if you made it worse.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bummer dude... You could try pulling the bulb out and use a long q-tip with some windex on it through the hole. This is only if it's on the flat side of the lens.

Take this advice with a grain of salt tho... It would suck if you made it worse.
I think its on the outside of the lens based on how it looks. =/

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

euicho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
installed type R emblems on the front and rear. When i was removing the stock emblem on the rear, i broke off the little push studs that go into the plastic of the trunk. Now they are rattling around inside the trunk actual trunk lid, anyone know of a way to get those out or are they in there forever?
The only thing I can think of is sticking a piece of string or a pipe cleaner into there with some really tacky glue dipped on it and swing the trunk open and closed until a piece hopefully sticks on the pipe cleaner. It's a long shot but it just might work...