What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wouldn’t the DP be the most noticeable section of that setup when it comes to noise over stock? I have the FP back on a stock DP and it’s really not that loud when cruising unless you get on it. Either way that exhaust is great quality so someone should be interested.
The cruising note from the 27Won exhaust is a much lower grumble that the OE exhaust. It wasn't the volume that washed out the sub, it was the harmonic. I felt it through my seat with the radio turned down. That vibration just cancelled out the sub. The exhaust is quality but I put nearly 3x the cost of the exhaust into my stereo system so I could enjoy it when I drive. Just not worth it.

My OE exhaust does have a more aggressive amd slightly louder sound with the dp and fp, it's just got a higher frequency note, and is a bit more tame when I'm on it.
Sponsored

Rawbee1224

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
The 27Won exhaust fun was short lived. I loved the sound when I was testing everything with my stereo turned down. However, once I switched from test mode to daily driver mode and started listening to music, I reached the limits of reason. Even the lowest cruising note volume of the exhaust washed away all evidence of having a powered 300W subwoofer in the car. Worse still, the sound level mixed into the songs when I really got on it. And that was at MY listening level (wake the neighborhood). At my "with passenger" volume level, music was barely audible. In a DD, that's simply unacceptable, so I spent an hour this morning putting my OE exhaust back in. I left the 27Won DP and FP installed so I'm basically in sleeper mode. :dunno:

I guess I need to sell the FP back exhaust to recoup some of the money I spent. I'll post it as a sale item but if anyone has been looking to get that system, I have one with 80 miles on it that I'll sell on the cheap. :confused:

Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with the exhaust note or volume if you're looking for that nice grumble. I just realized that for me, it wasn't as important as my music. Besides, the rest of the bolt-ons gave me the real improvements I was looking for.
Interested!

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2018 Sedan
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 61E8065C-162E-4ED3-A6FF-F7BD0E21BA22

Well, let’s see what happens. This installation was much different than the other bov’s. Testing the HKS bov without recirculation.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Wasn't really worth taking pics of, but I installed Perrin RMM inserts on my Type R RMM today. Feels like exactly what I wanted as far as engine feedback, EXCEPT when you blip the throttle, there's an almost tooth rattling amount of vibration. I know this setup was meant for the K20 engine, but I'm hoping it'll break in and settle down.
It should settle in. I too have the CTR RMM w/Perrin inserts in my 1.5t and the vibrations aren't that bad once it breaks in.

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
It should settle in. I too have the CTR RMM w/Perrin inserts in my 1.5t and the vibrations aren't that bad once it breaks in.
Awesome, good to know

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
61E8065C-162E-4ED3-A6FF-F7BD0E21BA22.jpeg

Testing the HKS bov without recirculation.
I could make a long comment but there's hundreds of BOV posts here explaining things. Good luck. :dunno:

One question... well two actually. Why do you want your car to run like crap? Is sound more important? Oh and here's a pretty picture of fuel trims for you courtesy of VitViper. ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Screenshot_20210307-213052

Last edited:

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I could make a long comment but there's hundreds of BOV posts here explaining things. Good luck. :dunno:

One question... well two actually. Why do you want your car to run like crap? Is sound more important? Oh and here's a pretty picture of fuel trims for you courtesy of VitViper. ;)

Screenshot_20210307-213052.png
I have a friend at work that tried to convince me to add one based on how "cool" it sounded, and I used what I've seen here to shut that conversation right down!

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2018 Sedan
Country flag

Screenshot_20210307-213052.png
Lol. I know the debate about it. Thank you though. Will see how it does.

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
Finally disabled the fake engine noise on my Si. Should have done this way sooner.
How noticeable was it after disabling it?

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
How noticeable was it after disabling it?
I really didn't mind it stock, I could tell it was there, but because I didn't know any better, it was tough to differentiate what was fake vs real when driving around.

This weekend I put on a 27Won CAI, took it out for some joy riding and could barely hear it. As soon as I got into some hard acceleration and things like that, the fake engine noise was the only thing I could hear. I was honestly a little disappointed/underwhelmed with my new intake. So yesterday I unplugged the fake noise and went out driving again, I can easily and clearly hear the new intake now and overall the inside of the cabin is a bit more peaceful to me because I'm not being assaulted through the speakers. I know the 27Won isn't the loudest intake by any stretch, but it's just silly to me that the fake noise was able to drown out the intake sound.

I know this isn't much of an explanation, but for me, disabling the noise was totally worth it.

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
I really didn't mind it stock, I could tell it was there, but because I didn't know any better, it was tough to differentiate what was fake vs real when driving around.

This weekend I put on a 27Won CAI, took it out for some joy riding and could barely hear it. As soon as I got into some hard acceleration and things like that, the fake engine noise was the only thing I could hear. I was honestly a little disappointed/underwhelmed with my new intake. So yesterday I unplugged the fake noise and went out driving again, I can easily and clearly hear the new intake now and overall the inside of the cabin is a bit more peaceful to me because I'm not being assaulted through the speakers. I know the 27Won isn't the loudest intake by any stretch, but it's just silly to me that the fake noise was able to drown out the intake sound.

I know this isn't much of an explanation, but for me, disabling the noise was totally worth it.
like you said I’m not sure sometimes what I’m hearing is the car or just the fake noise. I been meaning to YouTube how to get to it a try it.
Sponsored