What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 02C39418-9E8A-46E7-8500-B7344A5223F1

$12 cabin air filter beats the stealership $80 but the FRAM filter looks pretty sorry/weak these days compared to the old one.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Amazon has plenty of cabin filters at like $25 for 3.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I appreciate this, but your Average Fuel seems very low. You must drive like a hooligan.
My job is like 5 minutes away, so that don’t help + remote start every second to warm up cuz it’s damn cold now. But yeh S Mode + paddle shifters for this baby girl most of the time. I blame Honda for this fun addition to the sport trim.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
A couple years ago I installed stainless steel door striker covers and they were pretty nice.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Untitled 1

Today, I got replacements (not installed yet), that are even nicer. I like the fact these new ones have no logos and the gloss gunmetal color is awesome. I always think little subtle changes like this make a difference.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) door1

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
A couple years ago I installed stainless steel door striker covers and they were pretty nice.

Untitled 1.jpg

Today, I got replacements (not installed yet), that are even nicer. I like the fact these new ones have no logos and the gloss gunmetal color is awesome. I always think little subtle changes like this make a difference.

door1.jpeg
Nice, got a link to the black ones? Those would look good on my white hatch.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I did stuff..
I'll post a review of these items eventually. However, I did not use the Rampage Ti studs. I got them just in case the oem's snapped. They did not. So I'll save them for if/when I upgrade the turbo. I got a good deal on the Motul engine oil during BF and had a bunch of points and thought why not, I was due for an change anyway. I love Motul products anyway. Been using their 5.1 brake fluid for 5k miles and it's great! I also have not installed the PRL shift knob yet. Still holding off. At first I was not used to the stiffer shifter feel and notchiness after the clutch job, but after about 1k miles, I've gotten used to it? It's weird. So I'm just gonna hold off for now.

I also got the Phearable 1.5R tune with the Race Maf option which I can't post a picture of. Lmao. But it is amazing! Don't worry gtman. I got ya covered on the tune! I'll update myself n the tuning thread soon.

So it's the RV6 ceramic coated downpipe and front pipe. The reason why they're different coatings is because I was sent the wrong item. I only got the downpipe ceramic coated. So I had to find a local shop to coat the front pipe.

I also got the PRL Intake with the RACE MAF. I opted for Short ram because of Florida and too many close calls with previous cars and getting water sucked up. Too risky!~ I'll give a review later of that too. All I can say, is wow, everything is so smooth and sounds awesome. Fuel trims are even better then before with the RACE MAF than they were with the street maf. Very pleasantly surprised with that! K.contol is stead at .49
The car sings! It just feels like it's breathing better. it idles better. The throttle is better. I'm doing all these things now so that way I'm ready for the future. Do them right, do them once!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 91dpF1-JYyL._AC_SL1500_

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG20221208122820

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG20221208122814

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG20221122092125

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG20221122093900

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG20221122093022

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG20221125213236

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG20221122094011

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG20221122093912

Last edited:

SalvageR

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 3583018B-BE75-41AC-8CC0-5FBEB0AF72CC
Getting the fuel pump recall done…seen a new era Honda cap and genuine oil filter for the car….quick question…tech telling me I need to upgrade from first generation mishimoto intercooler to the new one…old one made out of metal and absorbs heat during summer…any advice would help

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got around to installing my PRL cobra. Very nice addition to the car. Upgraded from stage 0 to stage 1 Ktuner base map as well

2022-12-08 12.12.29-1 - Copy.jpg
Congrats. I'd recommend not using the "Stage" maps at this point. KTuner considers them to be legacy tunes. In other words, they're missing many of the current available features. Everything from on the fly map switching to the ability to tweak turbo and throttle response to your liking. But the biggest missing feature they don't have is the high rpm artificial knock control rise removal. I highly recommend switching to a Starter tune. And you still can set it to the Stage 1 (18 psi) boost level if you want.

BakaSupreme

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Congrats. I'd recommend not using the "Stage" maps at this point. KTuner considers them to be legacy tunes. In other words, they're missing many of the current available features. Everything from on the fly map switching to the ability to tweak turbo and throttle response to your liking. But the biggest missing feature they don't have is the high rpm artificial knock control rise removal. I highly recommend switching to a Starter tune. And you still can set it to the Stage 1 (18 psi) boost level if you want.
Thanks for the tip! I have the 1.5 tune from pherable but wasn't sure if I should wait until I get a downpipe or not. I'll definitely go back and switch to the starter maps though. Good to know.

Do you know if I need to flash it back to factory before uploading the new tune to the Ktuner or if I can just go ahead and upload it and then reflash while its on the stage 1
Sponsored

Last edited: