What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Put in some hood struts

PXL_20220923_153731096.jpg

... obligatory driveway shot for @rhino 😘
How can I convert my hood strut to your setup, I barely go under the hood, but I'd love to future proof it some more.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

slwkrt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic EX, 2022 Honda Navi
Build Thread
Link
That white Honda......everything bout that grill...is YES! ITS SO ADORABLE IN THE LAST SHOT!!!!! I wanna take it home with me! If you know the owner, tell him/her I LOVE IT!:spaz:
😂 I’ll be sure to tell her. It’s a fun car and well loved. One of the few manual CR-Z’s I’ve ever seen.

T.Silver

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I finally ordered the Ultra Racing Upper trunk brace

but am still teetering about a type r steering wheel

edit: had a few cocktails and am no longer teetering. Type R steering wheel en route.
nothing like a little liquid courage to help hit that "Buy" button!

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
unfortunately my steering wheel order was cancelled :( seems to be out of stock nationwide… annoying how all the sites list them as in stock and you’re able to order.

as a consolation I got a Mishimoto turbo blanket and my UR brace should be here this week.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
unfortunately my steering wheel order was cancelled :( seems to be out of stock nationwide… annoying how all the sites list them as in stock and you’re able to order.

as a consolation I got a Mishimoto turbo blanket and my UR brace should be here this week.
Are you trying for a specific version? Meaning are you just searching for either the patent leather or the alcantara? The Alcantara is newer and may be available if you had no luck with the leather. I love mine. Never gets hot but would be tough to clean (if I ever let it get dirty).

Leather is P/N 78501 TGH A90ZA
Alcantara P/N is 78501 TGH C90ZA

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Are you trying for a specific version? Meaning are you just searching for either the patent leather or the alcantara? The Alcantara is newer and may be available if you had no luck with the leather. I love mine. Never gets hot but would be tough to clean (if I ever let it get dirty).

Leather is P/N 78501 TGH A90ZA
Alcantara P/N is 78501 TGH C90ZA
Leather

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Good luck with getting it then. If u do, I kkow you'll love it
Sorry I meant to say I like the alcantara too but I just did red leather interior so I’m trying to keep it cohesive… thanks!

and, as a clammy hand guy, I’ve heard that’s problematic with suede and such

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry I meant to say I like the alcantara too but I just did red leather interior so I’m trying to keep it cohesive… thanks!

and, as a clammy hand guy, I’ve heard that’s problematic with suede and such
I'm not sure how true this is, but at the time when the 2020 model was released, I heard they were discontinuing the leather one, that's why I bought mine at that time, I think it's worth asking the dealer if it is back order or discontinued.

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Car(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
How tough were those Ktuned camber arms to install? I just received the same ones and they are going on when I install my eibach sport lines.
Me n my co worker did it with jack stands one of the bolts is a pain to remove due to the angle you need a wrench and possibly an adapter. Due to limited space and visibility getting the pin back in was a pain as well but if youre patient and know what your doing its do able. Springs and the arms took about 4-5 hours to install. I cut my bump stops a tad bit too make sure you re tighten everything and after a day or two of settling re tighten again my front sway bar end link rod was not tightened enough and when I was turning while parking I was getting a weird rubbery click / thud noise. All is good now I even bought the tien spring silencers and put 2 on each of my front springs for a little peace of mind

Last edited: