What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
Well, I had a heart attack today in my Civic. Not even a year owning it and I was in a near pile-up. Traffic in front if me stopped, but the cars behind me were a bit too fast. A Pilot and Rav4 nearly rear ended me. Luckily, the respective drivers reacted quickly. You can hear the car beep a warning, but CMBS did not activate.

Rear cam

Front cam

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, I had a heart attack today in my Civic. Not even a year owning it and I was in a near pile-up. Traffic in front if me stopped, but the cars behind me were a bit too fast. A Pilot and Rav4 nearly rear ended me. Luckily, the respective drivers reacted quickly. You can hear the car beep a warning, but CMBS did not activate.

Rear cam

Front cam
Damn, glad I don't have to drive in traffic like that very often. People behind you are in too much of a hurry.
On another note, I hate a dirty engine and bay. So I tried a hand cleaning and applied the magic stuff, Back to Black on the plastics.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220818_193829

2019fc4

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The past week I painted my OEM rims and bolts black on both civics! It just took a dremel and about 6 cans of paint lol.. Next project is to paint my brake calipers red

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 2B0CB6AD-0D8A-4E5D-B1B5-672D20C25106

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 576B8D43-5E3F-45F0-82DA-2AE1F6811D7D

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 4EFCD12C-30A8-4217-BE7D-22A0BAAA6350

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
The past week I painted my OEM rims and bolts black on both civics! It just took a dremel and about 6 cans of paint lol.. Next project is to paint my brake calipers red

2B0CB6AD-0D8A-4E5D-B1B5-672D20C25106.jpeg

576B8D43-5E3F-45F0-82DA-2AE1F6811D7D.jpeg

4EFCD12C-30A8-4217-BE7D-22A0BAAA6350.jpeg
What was the dremel for? And what kind of paint did you use any primer?

bluzfanmr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Touring Coupe, '10 Hyundai Tucson
Country flag
Was able to snag a set of TypeRLED's brake lights (non-blinking) for my Touring Coupe before they went out of stock again. This completes the coversion to LED lights on the items that weren't already factory LED. Very happy with them.

civicren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sport touring cvt 2017
Country flag
another summer of disappointment. spent 300+ to refill the ac freon before the summer began, couldn't find the leak.
ac now blows warm and after a day of diag and they said they have to take out the dash because "vap leaks". quoted 1500cad.
sigh.

civicren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sport touring cvt 2017
Country flag
installed HKS legamax made for FK8 type r a month ago. no problem with fitting. car is loud now paired with prl catted (non-high flow)dp fp.
sound:

Last edited:

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got the windshield replaced today. I have State Farm and a zero comp deductible and they recommended OEM only. Glad it’s covered at no cost otherwise it would have been almost $1,500.

Now on to deal with one of the fog light lenses that just got hit with a rock and shattered. Of course with the Touring coupe the bumper has to come off. Not sure if this can be covered by insurance or not. I’m not too confident about taking the bumper off.
Damn! I need to review my insurance...

As for fog lights, use this as an excuse to upgrade. For outright performance, Diode Dynamics SS3 Max.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss3-led-fog-light-kit-for-2016-2021-honda-civic.html

For looks and a similar performance to SS3 Sports, the Diode Dynamics Elite Series.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/elite-series-fog-lamps-for-2016-2021-honda-civic-pair.html

Another option are thr Morimoto 4Bangers

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/TRS-Morimoto-4Banger-LED-Fog-Lights-Honda-Round?quantity=1

Passenger side fog light shattered on my car, too (seems to happen a bit too much for a lot of people on this forum). For what its worth, I had a performance shop/DD installer swap my fog lights out. It cost only $150 for labor (that included taking off the bumper). But of you want the ease to adjust the aim like stock, go with the Elite Series. The SS3s are a pain with the stock, non-Si bumper.
I’ve had CTR LaminX on my fogs since I got the car and they haven’t cracked yet despite large paint chips up front. They were significantly oversized but easy to install.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Not a Civic but it is at heart. I helped co-worker that had very oxidized head lights on his CRV. Used the 30 dollar meguiars headlight kit which I had plenty left after helping friends 370z. Wish I took pics but it went pretty good. While pulling painters tape around lights he kept saying wow. I'm sure better or same kits but for 30 you can do multiple cars easily (at least 4-5). I think there's a mother's kit that's good but meguiars 30 kit works pretty damn well.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not a Civic but it is at heart. I helped co-worker that had very oxidized head lights on his CRV. Used the 30 dollar meguiars headlight kit which I had plenty left after helping friends 370z. Wish I took pics but it went pretty good. While pulling painters tape around lights he kept saying wow. I'm sure better or same kits but for 30 you can do multiple cars easily (at least 4-5). I think there's a mother's kit that's good but meguiars 30 kit works pretty damn well.
I've had good results using the Sylvania kit, but it's $20 and only good for one set. I'll check out the Meguiars next time I need a kit

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Polished the exhaust with some polishing compound and a bit of elbow grease. Also, test drove a '15 Mustang GT and honestly wasn't blown away like I thought I would be. Car was definitely fast, but didn't feel fast. If that makes any sense lol. Only thing I really LOVED was the exhaust. After driving the GT's super heavy clutch, I almost smashed the Si's clutch pedal through the firewall lmao. Don't think I'll be trading any time soon.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220820_104353

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Polished the exhaust with some polishing compound and a bit of elbow grease. Also, test drove a '15 Mustang GT and honestly wasn't blown away like I thought I would be. Car was definitely fast, but didn't feel fast. If that makes any sense lol. Only thing I really LOVED was the exhaust. After driving the GT's super heavy clutch, I almost smashed the Si's clutch pedal through the firewall lmao. Don't think I'll be trading any time soon.

20220820_104353.jpg
"Speed is a number. Fast is a feeling"

I saw it on a t shirt 🙃