What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Jazzman0718

First Name
Fitz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New sneakers for our Sport Hatch :) Michelin CrossClimate 2.
1655580143331.png

1655580173379.png

1655580201258.png
I did the same ones. Gives it a little more rugged appearance, doesn't it? I came from an '11 Accord Coupe EXL and felt like the civic was terrible in the rain. These Michelins definitely improved bad weather grip.

peterZ

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did the same ones. Gives it a little more rugged appearance, doesn't it? I came from an '11 Accord Coupe EXL and felt like the civic was terrible in the rain. These Michelins definitely improved bad weather grip.
Definitely has an aggressive tread pattern and all the reviews were five stars. They are quieter than I thought they would be. Hasn't rained since we had them mounted but we are definitely looking forward to seeing how well they tread water. So much better than the OEM tires.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With the development of my new wheels and tires, I am planning my next round of mods. Thinking about an aftermarket grille that's more open for more airflow, a front strut bar, Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar, and upgrade my PRL SRI into the Cobra intake. Any recommendations on grilles or strut bars?
For tower bar I'd go with whichever you think looks bes.. There are lots of one piece options for added rigidity. I have the PRL even though it's a three piece because it's super sexy.

I'm also paired with a front lower power brace. I put them on together, so I don't know if separately they do anything noticeable.

DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
With the development of my new wheels and tires, I am planning my next round of mods. Thinking about an aftermarket grille that's more open for more airflow, a front strut bar, Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar, and upgrade my PRL SRI into the Cobra intake. Any recommendations on grilles or strut bars?
I run the DC strut bar and remain rather pleased with it. Iā€™ve also heard excellent feedback on 27won as well.

Jazzman0718

First Name
Fitz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had to go out and get pics of mine

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20220622_175833380_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20220622_175900656

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Spent a week in northern Georgia. Everywhere you go it's just beautiful. Stopped at Mercier Orchards for some fresh fruit. Drove from Blue Ridge, Ga to Suches, Ga. That was quite a twisty fun drive pushing through the 25mph turns at 35mph.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220624_094107

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220624_094058

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220623_152218

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220622_133856

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220622_133647

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220622_122919

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220621_115511

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220618_155710

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last day of vacation, so I did a thing today. Throttle response seems better, maybe a little more power, and I can hear it but not as much as I thought I would. Install wasn't too bad but I could only find vids on Si's which had me confused if I needed the extra bracket included with the kit. Turns out I didn't need it. Removing the very bottom plastic piece of the air cleaner was a pita, I ended up cutting it two to remove it. Apparently with the manual trans cars it comes out fairly easy but not so with the cvt. I tried from underneath and above to remove it. In the end, I'm happy with the product and I didn't throw any codes, didn't expect to but having none is a relief after the install which took about 4hrs. But I had to borrow some tools from my neighbor and was in no hurry.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220626_170008

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220626_165946

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sheā€™s back from the body shop! Full Mugen kit all the way around.

Also put on some carbon fiber pillars to tie the hood and spoilers together.

CAD397B9-ECC7-456A-A4E1-EEDF81550445.jpeg

563AD539-588F-4838-A6DB-F936C27CE210.jpeg

3E57F51D-A8AB-44AA-8B37-26F7BAC2F13E.jpeg
How long ago did you order the kit? My front under spoiler has been back-ordered since April and they said next expected shipment is August :(

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
How long ago did you order the kit? My front under spoiler has been back-ordered since April and they said next expected shipment is August :(
Ordered the whole kit January 3rd.

front and side skirts came pretty fast, I guess they were in stock.

the rear finally came at the end of May and I just got around to getting it all painted.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ordered the whole kit January 3rd.

front and side skirts came pretty fast, I guess they were in stock.

the rear finally came at the end of May and I just got around to getting it all painted.
I guess there are not enough people like us who would prefer genuine Mugen (especially the "Mugen tax" lol), which makes these parts less demandedšŸ˜•

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I guess there are not enough people like us who would prefer genuine Mugen (especially the "Mugen tax" lol), which makes these parts less demandedšŸ˜•
The only reason I went with it is because I had a set of genuine Mugen tail lights and liked the body colored side skirts. I think there are better looking front lips out there for sure.

Mugen is extremely overpriced, excellent quality aside

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Honestly, the 5 door Mugen kit is just okay for the car. The the factory sport lipkit and the hfp lip kit are both nice in their own rights.

add in the fact you cannot get the Mugen kit pre painted like you can in other markets, makes it a harder sale. (Cost of kit + shipping + paint makes it rather expensive for what you are getting).

signed someone who has purchased a bunch of legit Mugen parts over the years.

Last edited:

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honestly, the 5 door Mugen kit is just okay for the car. The the factory sport lipkit and the hfp lip kit are both nice in their own rights.

add in the fact you cannot get the Mugen kit pre painted like you can in other markets, makes it a harder sale. (Cost of kit + shipping + paint makes it rather expensive for what you are getting).

signed someone who has purchased a bunch of legit Mugen parts over the years.
I agree with this 100%. I actually contemplated trying to get side skirts with no factory black gloss add ons because I really like the way body color looks.

The little rear garnishes are nice albeit a bit ricey. I didnā€™t add the middle piece because I had already done the 2020 diffuser and itā€™s essentially the same thing.

I could take or leave the front lip, as I said I like other ones moreā€¦ but I like saying yeah itā€™s a Mugen kitā€¦

was it worth 4K all said and done? Prob not lol

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
I agree with this 100%. I actually contemplated trying to get side skirts with no factory black gloss add ons because I really like the way body color looks.

The little rear garnishes are nice albeit a bit ricey. I didnā€™t add the middle piece because I had already done the 2020 diffuser and itā€™s essentially the same thing.

I could take or leave the front lip, as I said I like other ones moreā€¦ but I like saying yeah itā€™s a Mugen kitā€¦

was it worth 4K all said and done? Prob not lol
I like it, but it is almost too understated for a Mugen kit, IMO.

I came close to buying the front and rear for my SI, but I couldn't convince myself to spend almost 2k for a front and side skirts that could pass for stock at first glance. I'm not sure about the sedan spoiler either, but I haven't seen that in person to judge.

Shit, I don't think I spent more that 3K* or so to convert my Fiji blue fa5 to a Mugen SI. Now that was a night and day difference.

*with inflation I spend more than 3k.

Hell, the CTR Mugen kit is somewhat understated in person.
Sponsored

Last edited: