What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
If you post a picture of the two screws you have remaining, we can try to help identify where they belong. If they are pointed screws, I'm guessing they probably hold the upper panel with the shift boot and switches to the lower part of the console OR they may be the screws that hold the HVAC unit to the dashboard. If they are machine screws, they may be the two that hold the rear of the console to the floor.
Meh. Everything is good and snug. I imagine the are screws the keep the plastics from shifting. But the products from you guys have been stellar thus far. Very satisfied.
Sponsored

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
Installed the JetsVinyl shifter overlay. Really improves the interior. If only they made one for the gear indicator...
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220614_192917

The hot weather made it a bit easier to install, too. Though the end result isn't social media worthy. But I'm happy regardless.

I'm this close to installing my front speakers. Despite the numerous YouTube videos, I'm a bit scared by the sound deadening process. Removing the door panel is no problem. But the vapor barrier is something else. Call me by various names, or what have you, but removing the vapor barrier kind of scares me. I'm afraid that if I improperly reinstall it to the door, it might NOT act as intended.

I know sound deadening the inner doors helps improve response, but I don't know where to begin or which brand sound deadener to buy. ARGH.:banghead:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got this baby today and can't wait to install it. But with heat index of 105F today and nearly as hot tomorrow, it will probably have to wait until I get back from Ga.

Attachments

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did it... finally did it. 13.5 months into ownership, after having to deal with the stock Continentals going out at 33,000 miles, after 20,000 miles of terrible tires, I finally upgraded into better wheels and tires. And WOW, what a difference does it make...

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1

Went from the stock EX-L 17x7 +44mm wheels and Douglas "Performance" 215/50R17 All Seasons weighing in at 54lb a corner roughly, into Avid1 AV20 Hyperblack 18x8 +35mm and Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06+ 235/40zR18 All Seasons weighing in around 40lb a corner. I drove this car today like I've NEVER driven before, and the car took it like I was casually commuting. Had a more experienced car friend try to push the Civic to its limits, and not even he could. He backed off long before reaching the limits of the car, even in stock form. It is incredible just how much of a difference a good set of wheels and tires can make, and at the same time it's like a no-brainer. Tires are the only contact my car has to the road, I need to have good tires. Wheels support those tires, and thus I need good wheels.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 3

This has been the 2nd best mod I've done, rivalled only by Ktuner. However, now I need coil-overs, bigger brakes... the list of mods will grow evermore!

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1.jpg

Went from the stock EX-L 17x7 +44mm wheels and Douglas "Performance" 215/50R17 All Seasons weighing in at 54lb a corner roughly, into Avid1 AV20 Hyperblack 18x8 +35mm
3.jpg
Those are hyperblack? They look chrome without even a hint of dark to them in these pics.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those are hyperblack? They look chrome without even a hint of dark to them in these pics.
That is exactly what I said. But the shipping manifests, the boxes, etc. All say hyperblack. Maybe Avid1 goofed and put chrome wheels in by accident? Either way I love the look

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is exactly what I said. But the shipping manifests, the boxes, etc. All say hyperblack. Maybe Avid1 goofed and put chrome wheels in by accident? Either way I love the look
That must be what happened. Hyperblack is a very dark chrome that looks black from most angles. Even if the lighter angles may appear somewhat silver, the shaded areas would have looked black.

I agree that what you have does look good against the white though!

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
If I were you I would complain, get your money back saying these aren't the wheels you ordered but keep them. ;)

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Past 2 days got carbon fiber interior light covers, civic door handle emblems, and side engine bay covers and fuse box customized and put in. Got another pair of side engine bay covers because the first pair they sent out one of them had a minor crack in it so guy sent me another pair for free! If anyone wants a pair for cheap with very minor crack let me know. The interior light covers had poor double sided tape on them like most parts but luckily they sent some extra that was better. The door handle emblems are awesome!! I was not expecting them to look and feel as good as they did. Was able to match the side covers and the fuse box to the radiator shroud pretty well now i just need to get some more engine bay washers.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) E97CDBBE-324B-46D0-AD55-8E3807D6E05D
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) AA7B2AD9-6332-4DFE-A935-D7BED9CC8CA5
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) C101BF35-D096-4073-8F1E-E84182337067
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) D0B17464-4CBA-482D-8582-A02D6EEA7922
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 805FFD6A-F358-4F6E-B505-0FE97B0323B5
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1D3A6855-9A5C-431D-BDE8-181DE1D3EBFC

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some awesome pictures a good friend of mine took yesterday... These aren't even edited and are compressed files.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) photo_2022-06-17_19-28-29 (3)

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) photo_2022-06-17_19-28-29 (2)

PJCav_98

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I did it... finally did it. 13.5 months into ownership, after having to deal with the stock Continentals going out at 33,000 miles, after 20,000 miles of terrible tires, I finally upgraded into better wheels and tires. And WOW, what a difference does it make...

1.jpg

Went from the stock EX-L 17x7 +44mm wheels and Douglas "Performance" 215/50R17 All Seasons weighing in at 54lb a corner roughly, into Avid1 AV20 Hyperblack 18x8 +35mm and Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06+ 235/40zR18 All Seasons weighing in around 40lb a corner. I drove this car today like I've NEVER driven before, and the car took it like I was casually commuting. Had a more experienced car friend try to push the Civic to its limits, and not even he could. He backed off long before reaching the limits of the car, even in stock form. It is incredible just how much of a difference a good set of wheels and tires can make, and at the same time it's like a no-brainer. Tires are the only contact my car has to the road, I need to have good tires. Wheels support those tires, and thus I need good wheels.
3.jpg

This has been the 2nd best mod I've done, rivalled only by Ktuner. However, now I need coil-overs, bigger brakes... the list of mods will grow evermore!
Where did you buy them from? Ive been looking around and want to make sure i pick someone reputable.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where did you buy them from? Ive been looking around and want to make sure i pick someone reputable.
Wheels, Fitment Industries. Tires, Tire Rack. Both are good companies.
Sponsored