What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Precord96FK7

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Hey I love the colour of you valve cover!!!! What colour is that? Nice engine bay!

I’m leaking outta the bottom. I think the OEM clamp isn’t tight enough. I’m gonna have to worm it. The leak wasn’t noticeable until after a heat cycle. Super small. Did you have any leaks?
Thanks, saw yours and the others Radium tanks and couldn't resist.

I'm not sure exactly what color my valve cover it is, I had VCD do it and asked for a dark gray, but sometimes looks like a greenish in certain light. I did notice the OEM lower hose went over the 5/8 coupler a little too easy. I put some outward pressure on the spring clamp afterwards with pliers, hope it holds tight 🤞. It'll be a pain to go back in and swap in a worm/ring clamp.

Went through 2 heat cycles so far and realized I over filled it initially and just used a syringe to pull extra coolant out, but haven't noticed any leaks yet.

@ManitobaSI I need to pick your brain in the future when I get around to swapping blocks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed some Focal Auditor 6.5" component speakers and included tweeters! Sounds so much better compared to stock, and that's just running off HU. I do have Viper4Android installed and tuned the high-end a little, as the tweeters can be harsh but are also extremely detailed and nuanced, which I like. Sadly, one of the tweeters was DOA so I need to figure that out...

Got the front doors in without trouble, but the rear doors gave me trouble, and I accidentally punctured a small hole in the surround of one of my speakers 😭 I am hoping to fix it with some Permatex Ultra since it's such a small tear, but I may have to return and pay difference/outright for a new one. NEVER install your gear while tired or anxious. After this mishap, I didn't even bother with the other door, so I only have 3 out of my 4 components in right now.

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
What I thought would be a simple 30 min bumper vent swap, ended up with me having to remove the whole bumper lol. I don't know how the people in those youtube videos did it, but I tried prying the vents off from the outside of the bumper and I had to use WAAAY too much force for my liking. So I opted to do the swap the safe way by removing the bumper. Wish I had known in advance I was going to do this. I would've thrown in some Supertones while the bumper cover was off :rolleyes: Rears are on the way!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220521_083500

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220521_091731

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What I thought would be a simple 30 min bumper vent swap, ended up with me having to remove the whole bumper lol. I don't know how the people in those youtube videos did it, but I tried prying the vents off from the outside of the bumper and I had to use WAAAY too much force for my liking. So I opted to do the swap the safe way by removing the bumper. Wish I had known in advance I was going to do this. I would've thrown in some Supertones while the bumper cover was off :rolleyes: Rears are on the way!

20220521_083500.jpg

20220521_091731.jpg
I assure you those garnish vents won't break. You'll want to know how to do it if a rock takes out a fog light. Just make sure you put masking tape all around the garnish vent before you start prying to prevent scratches. This is also good to know if you want to install the College Hills horn.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
does anyone have a good way to remove 3m tape? I ran into a total nightmare today getting my Caruse Aeroflap off. Ended up badly damaging the lens of a Mugen tail light... shoot me.

Edit: I was using Goo-gone, it ate away the plastic lens like nothing. Didn't notice until it was irreparable.

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
does anyone have a good way to remove 3m tape? I ran into a total nightmare today getting my Caruse Aeroflap off. Ended up badly damaging the lens of a Mugen tail light... shoot me.

Edit: I was using Goo-gone, it ate away the plastic lens like nothing. Didn't notice until it was irreparable.
Why are you taking it off?

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Why are you taking it off?
good question. I’m swapping the Mugen tail lights from my grey civic to my white one.

Unfortunately that involves removing the small tail lights on the trunk

so now I’ve got a white civic with no trunk lights and a grey one that’s all buttoned up but has a bunch of stubborn tape on the factory wing

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
good question. I’m swapping the Mugen tail lights from my grey civic to my white one.

Unfortunately that involves removing the small tail lights on the trunk

so now I’ve got a white civic with no trunk lights and a grey one that’s all buttoned up but has a bunch of stubborn tape on the factory wing
There are rubber eraser wheels for a drill that do work, but you have to be careful not to go past the glue or you'll rub the paint off too. Not sure if it would hurt the acrylic of tail lights.

Unfortunately the only way I've found to not screw stuff up is to rub/roll/pull the excess glue until you have the last very thin layer left, then use a microfiber cloth and alcohol to get the rest off. Very time consuming and under your fingernails will hurt after.

I've done the Caruse re-seat 3x and it's been a pain each time. I'm due for a 4th time if I ever decide to get the new version that isn't supposed to lift off at the corners. I just like the way it looks too much to remove it outright.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did a hand wash today. Ceramic wax I put on a couple of months ago still looks good.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220522_095759

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220522_095737