What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

sventhecivic

First Name
Gaetano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
Today I had my engine bay cleaned by a professional. I don't have the tools or the space to do it myself, and I was very nervous having someone clean it. The pro I found assured me there wasn't anything to worry about and he explained the process too. Basically water doesn't sit on the engine for long, it's dried almost immediately. Even so, mostly steam is used to get the job done.

In the end, worth the $50. My 2017 EXT is close to 90,000 miles, so I figured a once over was due. I'm so happy with the result. Next is a thorough clay bar and wax.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Befor

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) After

bscags

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got some Continental Extremecontact DWS-06 Plus tires installed yesterday. On Saturday I noticed a medium sized bubble in my front passenger tire. I replaced all 4 original OEM tires even though they only had 17,500 miles on them, they were already starting to get dry rotted. Haven't given my car the beans yet with the new shoes but just driving back from the tire place there was already a noticeable difference taking off and going around corners!

Joelgold

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Today I had my engine bay cleaned by a professional. I don't have the tools or the space to do it myself, and I was very nervous having someone clean it. The pro I found assured me there wasn't anything to worry about and he explained the process too. Basically water doesn't sit on the engine for long, it's dried almost immediately. Even so, mostly steam is used to get the job done.

In the end, worth the $50. My 2017 EXT is close to 90,000 miles, so I figured a once over was due. I'm so happy with the result. Next is a thorough clay bar and wax.

Before.jpeg

After.jpeg
Looks really nice.

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
Country flag
Just got some Continental Extremecontact DWS-06 Plus tires installed yesterday. On Saturday I noticed a medium sized bubble in my front passenger tire. I replaced all 4 original OEM tires even though they only had 17,500 miles on them, they were already starting to get dry rotted. Haven't given my car the beans yet with the new shoes but just driving back from the tire place there was already a noticeable difference taking off and going around corners!
Got the same tires myself in January. Hope you like them as much as I do.

chewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can't believe I have owned this car for 5 years. I was debating on selling it but given the current market and how little mileages it has, decided to keep it and give it some updates. Ktuned, lowered with Eibach Pro Kit, blacked out side markers, red stripes on the body kit and some new shoes. This should keep things interesting for the next while.

Before:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20200429_072445

Now:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220417_220652

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Gave the hatch a quick spray down at the DIY wash and installed black Gorilla locking lugs all around. I'm liking the change from the factory chrome ones, as well as the added security with all the dreded stories of people having their wheels stolen.
20220517_170910.jpg
I just now looked them up, and I didn't know that Gorilla makes ball seat locking nuts. Thanks for the heads up.

bluzfanmr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Touring Coupe, '10 Hyundai Tucson
Country flag
Received and installed my WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors for my Touring Coupe. Took about 2 minutes per side. They fit well and I love the way they look.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Joined the FK8 Radium expansion tank club, thanks to info from this forum.

20220520_181622.jpg
Hey I love the colour of you valve cover!!!! What colour is that? Nice engine bay!

I’m leaking outta the bottom. I think the OEM clamp isn’t tight enough. I’m gonna have to worm it. The leak wasn’t noticeable until after a heat cycle. Super small. Did you have any leaks?