What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

PontiacFan

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport, 2020 Accord EX-L, 1971 LeMans
Country flag
Okay, I did not do all this today... Previously installed one of my favorite interior upgrades, white shift knob, reminds me of classic/muscle cars. (A guy can dream, can't he?) Also, previously swapped out "ECON" button for "SPORT" button when I did my CTR shifter plus Acuity upgrades.

Just completed sound system upgrade. LC7i, ACM-4.300, Polk DB6502 and Cerwin Vega VPAS10v2. Sound is terrific! Kinda wish I'd gone for a little more power, but my hearing is already not what it used to be, so I'll be happy with what I have.

To anyone recommending against underseat powered sub, rethink this. The VPAS10v2 was relatively easy to install, hidden and sounds terrific! Probably won't win any stereo competitions, but for the average listener, or even mild to moderate enthusiast, it is amazing. I got mine for $218 shipped to my home! And it comes with the remote level control knob that I was able to mount in dash. Total investment was right about $1,000. Not bad, I thought.

I already had upgraded the front door speakers to C1-650 (and added Kilmat to the doors), but just now added Polk to rear deck and covered rear deck in Kilmat. I think I like the sound of the C1-650's a little better than the DB6502, to be honest. Since I needed 8 AWG power wire for sub (25A) and amp (30A) I found a dual fuse block and ran a 2 AWG from battery post to that, with 8 AWG from fuses to devices. I chose the route of the hood release cable above the driver's kick panel. My LC7i sends remote signal to amp and sub, each with a 1 amp fuse inline. (For you eagle eyed folks, this wiring was not yet installed when the picture was taken, nor was the RCA for sub.) Found out that ACM-4.300 and sub will NOT turn on with signal over RCA cables. Was really disappointed with this, but it is what it is.

Let me know what you think, or if you have any questions.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Car
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Sound upgrade 1
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Sound upgrade 2
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Sound upgrade 3
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) White shift knob

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At long last, I had time to install my Seibon hood.

A couple of pointers for anyone looking to do the same:

1. You're gonna need a helper, bottom line. You just won't be able to line it up without another person. I tried for awhile and just had my wife come outside and it was done in a minute.

2. If it doesn't line up good, don't worry, it slides forward,back, side to side quite a bit on the factory hood hinges. You'll get it flush.

3. The factory window washer fluid nozzles just plain don't fit well in the openings. I ended up losing the passenger side one INSIDE the hood. The only way to get it out is gonna be to shake the hood (off the car) till it comes down to the big opening by the hood prop hole. I just can't bring myself to take it back off right now. For now, the stupid sprayer hose is just taped in place. I only drive this car on the weekend anyway so it'll prob be like this for a long time.

4. I saw someone else on here wrap the exposed carbon with reflective tape. I did the same. I think it looks cool and will protect the clear coat from the hot ass turbo.

I think it looks pretty good. Next step is my Mugen kit.

8F1A4FCB-4805-4830-AD87-E6D186FA1091.jpeg

8A3E8708-CD9A-4D41-BAF3-C7C41790616C.jpeg

CC9B552A-F7BD-473A-9129-E722984BAFDE.jpeg

DD514388-1D8A-459A-9BC9-BA5FAF1A9A16.jpeg

CD713698-35AB-4A9F-9085-392487A84EEE.jpeg
Regarding 3 above... Seibon tells you that they have to make it where the windshield washer nozzle openings end up small, and that you'll need to file the opening to fit. It was no trouble to do, just don't overdo it.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The blacked out roof looks great on the lighter colors (white and silver) especially on the hatch and coupe. I'm debating this on my silver SI sedan.
You should be able to find tons of examples of black wrapped roofs and hoods in the official threads for your color civic if you're wondering how it would look. Mine is definitely in the official rally red thread.😉

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220423_095622

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Regarding 3 above... Seibon tells you that they have to make it where the windshield washer nozzle openings end up small, and that you'll need to file the opening to fit. It was no trouble to do, just don't overdo it.
I sort of realized it but it’s too late, the nozzle is in the abyss

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Clay barred, polished, waxed in one day. My watch says I burned 5000 calories. W.TF.! Exhausted. How do car people do this?????
IMG_20220513_172542989_HDR.jpg
I can see 5000 steps but it would be hard to believe 5k calories. 1-2 kcal not a stretch to imagine though.

As for the how; Ceramic coating (not hybrid wax stuff). Gives you a 5 year break and the car gets clean with minimal effort. Pro installers will handle the paint correction before it goes on to save those calories.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Decided it was time to give the interior some love. Pulled the plug on some Polk 6.5" components speakers, and will run them off stock HU until a later date where I'll throw in an aftermarket amplifier, maybe a signal processor too while I'm at it. Trying to sell my two 12" subwoofers with the end goal of making a custom subwoofer box for either a 8" or 10" that will fit in my unused spare tire cage, and maybe even a small rack for all my amplifiers.

Edit: bought Honda Hack Pro just now and am going to play around with it today as well!! Anybody have recommendations or suggestions for using this?

Last edited:

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Edit: bought Honda Hack Pro just now and am going to play around with it today as well!! Anybody have recommendations or suggestions for using this?
Best use will always be Ktuner TunerviewLite if you have a V1. Netflix is a fun novelty but the HU is just too memory limited. Oh, plus you gain the ability to disable the annoying notice about paying attention at power up!

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best use will always be Ktuner TunerviewLite if you have a V1. Netflix is a fun novelty but the HU is just too memory limited. Oh, plus you gain the ability to disable the annoying notice about paying attention at power up!
I read somewhere about having more control over the audio quality / EQ as well. Do you know anything about that?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I read somewhere about having more control over the audio quality / EQ as well. Do you know anything about that?
I think folks are using viper4 Android

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it worth it with only speakers swapped?
I dunno

People seem to rave about it

I've been tempted to get it for a while. I even have a backup head unit in case I brick the factory one 😳

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I got it all installed, played around with it, and no issues whatsoever. It makes a difference with stock speakers, but not a huge difference. Maybe with aftermarket speakers it will. I'll update!
Sponsored