What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Where did you hear that about the OEM Sport pedals? I installed mine years ago and love 'em.
honestly it's been a long time since i was even looking them up, so i might even have it mixed up with some of the knock offs. good to know the OEM ones though are legit.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Installed my Rixxu Super Sport front seat covers. We shall see how they are in the long run. So far I love the look, but they do render the heated seats basically useless. It took about 2 hours to install in total, but that was basically 1 hour figuring out the first seat, 20 min on the 2nd, and then 30ish min adjusting once i started to figure them out.

rixxusupersport.jpg
I think I'd really prefer heated seats in Minnesota for the winter (in other words, every month but July).

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I think I'd really prefer heated seats in Minnesota for the winter (in other words, every month but July).
Yeah, the one upside is I'm wfh so i don't drive nearly like I used to, but i figured if i get to december and i'm like this is stupid i just want heated seats, then i'll pop em back off until around march or april. I do have a longer drive today though so i'll see if it's one of those things where it just needs 20 min to be of benefit.

UPDATE: just needs about 15 min to kick in. not great but not a deal breaker.

Last edited:

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Big oof ? stay tuned for the rebuild ?
My current guess is the head lifted and the headgasket said naa man. Coolant system over pressurized and I blew a line off. Oil is still all in there but my oil light did come on, it's possible the OEM oil gears could of failed and that's what led to the rest. I won't know more till I can start getting into her.

PontiacFan

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport, 2020 Accord EX-L, 1971 LeMans
Country flag
Not all done today, or even yesterday. Over the last couple months I have:
- Changed all rear emblems from chrome to factory black. The trunk panel on the sedan is a challenge to remove! Still need to pull front bumper and upgrade wimpy horn and change grill emblem.
- Upgraded door speakers to JL C1-650 and installed a bunch of sound deadener. Amazing difference! Not quite up to my wife's Accord EX-L sound, but so much better than before, especially for the cost.
- Installed Acuity shifter cable bushings about 2 weeks ago. Took me a few days to really appreciate the difference. Yesterday finally dug in to pulling the console and installing my '17-'19 CTR shifter with Acuity centering spring, rocker upgrade, base bushings and shift collar. Now I am loving the feel of shifting!
- Replaced "ECON" switch with "SPORT" switch, just for grins.

Discovered something interesting, after the shifter upgrade I reconnected the battery and let the car idle in the driveway for about 15 minutes, then drove it. Had most of the warning lights on the dash on for about a 15-minute drive and got a little freaked out. I knew I had not done anything to cause them, so I went home and disconnected the battery for about 5-10 minutes. Reconnected the battery and drove the car right away. All the systems initialized fine and no more errors or lights. Whew!

Next up is Whiteline 22mm RSB and Accord endlinks. Question: Should I get the lateral locks? I've seen it highly recommended (required?) for the FSB, but not sure if it is a good idea for the RSB?

Then, waiting on my CTR subframe brace (like so many other people who have ordered and not yet received it) and actively looking for a CTR RMM. I may take a chance with the Whiteline RMM insert, but would rather just get a CTR RMM as I understand it creates less vibration and noise. Does anyone have any experience with the Whiteline RMM Insert? Anyone have a CTR RMM to sell?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Big oof ? stay tuned for the rebuild ?
My current guess is the head lifted and the headgasket said naa man. Coolant system over pressurized and I blew a line off. Oil is still all in there but my oil light did come on, it's possible the OEM oil gears could of failed and that's what led to the rest. I won't know more till I can start getting into her.

First off, I'm really sorry to see this. I know how much blood, sweat, tears and $$ you've put into this car.

Having said that, you need to get hooked up with these guys so you can get your fails this way instead. :cool:

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
First off, I'm really sorry to see this. I know how much blood, sweat, tears and $$ you've put into this car.

Having said that, you need to get hooked up with these guys so you can get your fails this way instead. :cool:

I think it may be time to move to another platform ? I think I may just be fixing it, lower the boost a bit and sell it.

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20211023_144450

Gearing up for winter, had to take out out the a/c units (hopefully for the last time), and grabbed some items from HD to replace some porch posts.

My wife jokes and says if a burglar looked into my car, he'd think I was a general contractor with all the tools, etc.

Last edited:

nicmartim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Not all done today, or even yesterday. Over the last couple months I have:
- Changed all rear emblems from chrome to factory black. The trunk panel on the sedan is a challenge to remove! Still need to pull front bumper and upgrade wimpy horn and change grill emblem.
- Upgraded door speakers to JL C1-650 and installed a bunch of sound deadener. Amazing difference! Not quite up to my wife's Accord EX-L sound, but so much better than before, especially for the cost.
- Installed Acuity shifter cable bushings about 2 weeks ago. Took me a few days to really appreciate the difference. Yesterday finally dug in to pulling the console and installing my '17-'19 CTR shifter with Acuity centering spring, rocker upgrade, base bushings and shift collar. Now I am loving the feel of shifting!
- Replaced "ECON" switch with "SPORT" switch, just for grins.

Discovered something interesting, after the shifter upgrade I reconnected the battery and let the car idle in the driveway for about 15 minutes, then drove it. Had most of the warning lights on the dash on for about a 15-minute drive and got a little freaked out. I knew I had not done anything to cause them, so I went home and disconnected the battery for about 5-10 minutes. Reconnected the battery and drove the car right away. All the systems initialized fine and no more errors or lights. Whew!

Next up is Whiteline 22mm RSB and Accord endlinks. Question: Should I get the lateral locks? I've seen it highly recommended (required?) for the FSB, but not sure if it is a good idea for the RSB?

Then, waiting on my CTR subframe brace (like so many other people who have ordered and not yet received it) and actively looking for a CTR RMM. I may take a chance with the Whiteline RMM insert, but would rather just get a CTR RMM as I understand it creates less vibration and noise. Does anyone have any experience with the Whiteline RMM Insert? Anyone have a CTR RMM to sell?
What is all required to remove the sedan trunk panel? I pulled the stock emblem and replaced it with an OEM blacked out emblem but the 3M isn't instilling a bunch of confidence in it's hold ability. I'd like to put the peg locks on the new one just so I can forget about it.
Sponsored