What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. Did you use spray adhesive and how difficult was it to get it lined up properly? I'm asking because I have been sitting on the eBay inserts for a long time now, was kind of worried about messing it up. I already did the armrests and console with the Insight leather parts.
Sponsored

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. Did you use spray adhesive and how difficult was it to get it lined up properly? I'm asking because I have been sitting on the eBay inserts for a long time now, was kind of worried about messing it up. I already did the armrests and console with the Insight leather parts.
Nope, I just used the tape included.

for how I did it,

-Pull panel, remove all screws, remove silver bar trim piece, and release all tabs. The plastic welded tabs can be left as is.

-Align "leather" (stitching should roughly align with factory stitching) to make sure you will have full coverage with extra for tucking under all corners.

-Tuck the pleather under the top door handle trim (red line in pic) and confirm coverage/alignment.

-Apply tape (like in the install youtube vid) and pull leather tight to get a nice, smooth, wrinkle free surface.

-Finish tucking pleather (right side and left side).

*parts under silver trim and arm rest basically tuck themselves on re-attachment.

-You may need to trim some of the extra pleather at the bottom as it can get in the way of the tabs when re-attaching the arm rest.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) image0 (27)

Last edited:

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Nope, I just used the tape included.

for how I did it,

-Pull panel, remove all screws, remove silver bar trim piece, and release all tabs. The plastic welded tabs can be left as is.

-Align "leather" (stitching should roughly align with factory stitching) to make sure you will have full coverage with extra for tucking under all corners.

-Tuck the pleather under the top door handle trim (red line in pic) and confirm coverage/alignment.

-Apply tape (like in the install youtube vid) and pull leather tight to get a nice, smooth, wrinkle free surface.

-Finish tucking pleather (right side and left side).

*parts under silver trim and arm rest basically tuck themselves on re-attachment.

-You may need to trim some of the extra pleather at the bottom as it can get in the way of the tabs when re-attaching the arm rest.

image0 (27).jpeg
Mine didn't come with any instructions or tape! I'll order some 3M tape. Thanks again!

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
That's a huge overshoot of the target. 37 psi? Wow.
Naaa it's good. The ECU can only target that much, no matter how much you plug into a graph. You'll see this on anyone running over 32psi.

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

nicmartim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Auto-Dim rearview mirror installed. Drained the battery in the process, so now trickle charging it back up. May need a new battery, it always seems to discharge too quick and take forever to get to a full charge.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Auto-Dim rearview mirror installed. Drained the battery in the process, so now trickle charging it back up. May need a new battery, it always seems to discharge too quick and take forever to get to a full charge.
If it's the factory battery I'm not surprised