What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I have to ask. It's always cool seeing these slammed cars but how do you use them as a daily driver? Around my way, all of the low body kit parts would be destroyed in a week.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I have to ask. It's always cool seeing these slammed cars but how do you use them as a daily driver? Around my way, all of the low aero panels would be destroyed in a week.
I could be wrong, but this car (to me) looks bagged.... but I feel the same way. Looks great, but I stress out driving my hatch thatā€™s only dropped roughly an inch or so, I couldnā€™t imagine being lower than that.

robdeeee

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
I have to ask. It's always cool seeing these slammed cars but how do you use them as a daily driver? Around my way, all of the low body kit parts would be destroyed in a week.
I could be wrong, but this car (to me) looks bagged.... but I feel the same way. Looks great, but I stress out driving my hatch thatā€™s only dropped roughly an inch or so, I couldnā€™t imagine being lower than that.
He is correct. Itā€™s on bags, push of a button Iā€™m very close to stock height again.

When I was on coilovers I wasnā€™t too much higher, but I got tired of breaking front lips so I went bags. (This pic is on bc coils)
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 9FAD52C1-7E01-4A79-BE84-185DC27F1C48

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All 4 done, only took me a few hours.

YWBEQDP.jpg
HSZGBr3.jpg
RHHx3wD.jpg
ETOrIG9.jpg
how difficult was this? last time i took my door cards off i created more rattles than i solved :/

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Plastidipped my rear emblems. The Civic turned out OK, but as I was pealing off the excess from the H, the last 1/8" stuck and pulled off the chrome so I have to redo it. Really debating if the $80 is worth it for the OEM Honda ones. And before anyone says anything Ive had my emblems/wheels on my 04 4Runner for over 6 years and its holding up fine in the AZ heat.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Plastidipped my rear emblems. The Civic turned out OK, but as I was pealing off the excess from the H, the last 1/8" stuck and pulled off the chrome so I have to redo it. Really debating if the $80 is worth it for the OEM Honda ones. And before anyone says anything Ive had my emblems/wheels on my 04 4Runner for over 6 years and its holding up fine in the AZ heat.
After having to redo my plasti dip every time a detailer screwed it up, the $80 set is so worth it.

VicVal01

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
My 18 si finally hit 20k miles so i decided to jump aboard the hype train and replace the Honda mtf with Amsoil. It did noticeably improve the smoothness of the shifts. Definitely recommend.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 9C56F740-8C47-4C83-BA9A-73040F01F127

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Sold my W1 and abandoned the idea of tuning my hatchback in favor of leaving it reliable with modest bolt ons. Next will be either front pipe / Downpipe or Eibach Pro Kit.

Edit: actually the pro kit is out of stock EVERYWHERE. FP/DP it is

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Sold my W1 and abandoned the idea of tuning my hatchback in favor of leaving it reliable with modest bolt ons. Next will be either front pipe / Downpipe or Eibach Pro Kit.

Edit: actually the pro kit is out of stock EVERYWHERE. FP/DP it is
Nothing wrong with that decision. But I can't pass up the opportunity to comment on your "reliable" comment. Based on my tuning survey of over 700 tuned CivicX's, we're seeing nearly nearly 98% reliability. And the cars running mild tunes and limited bolts ons are more like 99+% reliable.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got off my ass and did a CVT fluid change with Honda HCF-2. It's not as jerky when I shift out of R now, so that's good. I was only a little overdue at 43555 miles on the clock. lol

Did a oil change while I was at it since I had it up in the air and 20% oil life

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Nothing wrong with that decision. But I can't pass up the opportunity to comment on your "reliable" comment. Based on my tuning survey of over 700 tuned CivicX's, we're seeing nearly nearly 98% reliability. And the cars running mild tunes and limited bolts ons are more like 99+% reliable.
I should have used a different word.

I more meant ā€œeasy for me to maintain should something go wrongā€. Iā€™m far away from the most reputable tuner and just donā€™t want the headache of not being able to easy address anything quickly

PhillyFenom

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX(automatic)
Country flag
Complete bumper conversion. Next up is the D2 lowering springs and taillights(both are already in my trunk and itching to be installed)
So happy with how the new bumper makes it look so damn aggressive oh and also switchback fog lights installed as well

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20210728_152746

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20210728_152731