What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Nexus713

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport (Sedan)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
looks pretty sick...i have some plasti dip left i was thinking about doing it but i wasn't sure...but i think it does look sweet.
Yeah same i wasn’t sure, especially exhaust tip since it might get hot but apparently Plasti dip is handling high temperatures and it’s not like i dip the pipe :p so hopefully will stay nice for a while ??
Sponsored

MachoGrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB ST (FK7)
Country flag
Got to finally pick her up. :D Already making a spread sheet of upgrades. Gotta keep reminding myself that its under warranty and not to touch it.
Bwhahaha... GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. If you are successful, then you are a stronger man than I.:D

MachoGrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB ST (FK7)
Country flag
Installed Noico Sound Deadening Foil and Foam today. All four doors completed. Picture below only shows the starting process (forgot to take the finished pic). Underneath the back of hatch where spare tire is only has the foil so far. Sound quality is noticeably improved.

IMG_20210619_135721.jpg

IMG_20210619_102930.jpg
My first and only major complaint with mine, but haven't gone to the effort to fix it yet: ROAD NOISE is way outside my comfort zone. Not sure why it is, but was hopeful sound material in the doors might help me one day also.

MachoGrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB ST (FK7)
Country flag
Installed the College Hills Horn (link below) this morning. Finally! A horn people will take seriously!

2016-2021 Honda Civic Horn Upgrade Kit - 3802 (collegehillshonda.com)

I see a bunch of YouTube vids showing you need to remove the entire front bumper/grille to install this. You can access the horn through the passenger side fog light cover garnish. I found the video linked below to be the most help with that removal.

2020 Honda Civic Si Fog light cover install | JDM | Cars | TunerDrip - YouTube

One tip not in the video though; Before you start jamming a pry tool in, use masking tape around the painted bumper to prevent making any scratches. (I learned that trick from a different video when installing my tail lights.) UPDATE; I saw another video where the guy used a microfiber cloth to protect the paint.

The new horn is a tight fit, but uses the existing location. You'll have to bend the electrical connection tabs straight to make it fit with the horn pointing downward as the instructions say. Also, The the bracket bolt sits just low enough so that the intercooler pipe prevents using a socket. It was tricky using an open ended wrench, but not to the point of cursing.

For $18, this is definitely a worthwhile and easy swap!
Great tips, thanks - my horn is super anemic, to the point I thought it was broken. Lol.

dem2757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
My first and only major complaint with mine, but haven't gone to the effort to fix it yet: ROAD NOISE is way outside my comfort zone. Not sure why it is, but was hopeful sound material in the doors might help me one day also.
factory tires are not the quietest, but I have also done the sound deadener in the doors and under the rear seat and trunk tray in the hatch and it has been noticeably improved in the loudness.

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed 2020+ front garnish. Got them off eBay and mostly a reproduction but they look and fit pretty good and was much easier than getting each part separately. They came in black and I wrapped both the hockey sticks and the area above in Gloss Anthracite which isn't an exact match but extremely close to Modern Steel Metallic.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20210621_184515

When they first delivered, I received the wrong ones and it happened to be a pair for the Type-R. Seller said to keep those and sent the correct ones. I may post in the market forum to see if anyone is interested in them.

Corey2k8g

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Got these mirror caps finally. Test fitted them and they looked pretty good. When I put the tape to secure them the fitment went out the window. I'm disappointed. And the seller probably won't return it since they're in Taiwan. I was super hyped to get these too ?

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20210621_174422

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20210621_174603

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Took the car to the dealer because AC stopped working on my drive to work last evening when it was 109! :eek: ☹

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got these mirror caps finally. Test fitted them and they looked pretty good. When I put the tape to secure them the fitment went out the window. I'm disappointed. And the seller probably won't return it since they're in Taiwan. I was super hyped to get these too ?

20210621_174603.jpg
What you want to do now is take a hairdryer and carefully rise the temperature of the whole piece and slowly try to pry it off without breaking it...the glue on the tape will get soft again once you get at the right temps...i'm sure it can be done if you take your time and manage the temps right...after that get some real 3M VHB dual side tape, it's always better than the crap they use down there anyways...good luck.

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Are they plastic black or carbon fiber mirror caps?

Corey2k8g

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
What you want to do now is take a hairdryer and carefully rise the temperature of the whole piece and slowly try to pry it off without breaking it...the glue on the tape will get soft again once you get at the right temps...i'm sure it can be done if you take your time and manage the temps right...after that get some real 3M VHB dual side tape, it's always better than the crap they use down there anyways...good luck.
Idk. Maybe having tape all around the edges isn't good maybe strips here and there would allow for better fitment? ?
Sponsored