What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I buy her VGK gear (she's a big fan bc of me) and I've taken her to games. She also gets mad at me when I do something to my car and she's not able to assist bc her parents have split custody, and she's usually at her mom's place when that happens.
Let's go! Game 3! We need a win tonight, gotta get back to Vegas with a chance to go to the cup finals!
Sponsored

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'll give it a month tops :p

(Nothing wrong with keeping her stock, but I know when I drove off the lot I said the same thing... and ended up buying an Injen CAI 3 days later. BTW DON'T BUY AN INJEN PRODUCT FOR THIS CAR, EVER!)

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Let's hope for a better start, I'm not sure why they seem to struggle with that. Too hot to work on the car, but not too hot to watch the game, although I'll be watching most of it recorded because my son and DIL are coming over for dinner.

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I feel that. Normally I put everything I buy on my own car, but I'm paying $60 to have the installer deliver and install my new Enkei + Toyo combo wheels tomorrow. Too hot, man.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

(Nothing wrong with keeping her stock, but I know when I drove off the lot I said the same thing... and ended up buying an Injen CAI 3 days later. BTW DON'T BUY AN INJEN PRODUCT FOR THIS CAR, EVER!)
Haha, I said the same thing -- added a Ktuner, upgraded RS and end links, RMM inserts, CTR shifter with Acuity upgrades, and some cosmetic mods. Really don't plan on any bolt ons though.

How much has the CAI reduced your IAT's?

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag

Yeah, Im trying really hard not to get a KTuner and eibach pro springs. Like I have the websites up here at work, so obviously not doing to well. lol

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Haha, I said the same thing -- added a Ktuner, upgraded RS and end links, RMM inserts, CTR shifter with Acuity upgrades, and some cosmetic mods. Really don't plan on any bolt ons though.

How much has the CAI reduced your IAT's?
The Injen CAI is a piece of trash, don't bother (I have one I'll GIVE you, it's that bad). Trust me, if you're gonna mod, get the PRL. All the best KTuner tunes use the PRL Race MAF. It's silicone which helps with hint sink and it still makes the badass turbo noises you want!
Plus, they're almost the same price anyways.

EDIT: it's also not bad to install. You just need a simple socket set, some screwdrivers, and a little elbow grease. The hardest part (besides removing the awful stock air box) is the piping around the fender into the fog light housing, but even that's not too bad.

Temp wise, I'd say that I'm usually 15-20F over ambient air with heat soak, but when I'm moving I'm very close to ambient. the PRL filter is in the fog light housing, so if you give it a vent it really helps with cooling when you're moving.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Injen CAI is a piece of trash, don't bother (I have one I'll GIVE you, it's that bad). Trust me, if you're gonna mod, get the PRL. All the best KTuner tunes use the PRL Race MAF. It's silicone which helps with hint sink and it still makes the badass turbo noises you want!
Plus, they're almost the same price anyways.

EDIT: it's also not bad to install. You just need a simple socket set, some screwdrivers, and a little elbow grease. The hardest part (besides removing the awful stock air box) is the piping around the fender into the fog light housing, but even that's not too bad.

Temp wise, I'd say that I'm usually 15-20F over ambient air with heat soak, but when I'm moving I'm very close to ambient. the PRL filter is in the fog light housing, so if you give it a vent it really helps with cooling when you're moving.
Thanks for the info. If I do go the CAI route, I'll probably get the 27won as I like the idea of the filter being easily accessible. Also, having been caught in a few flash floods, I like that it's less likely to get hydrolocked.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Speaking of installing shit in the heat.... Luckily, I was able to take it off and do 95% of the work indoors. I got my RedlineGoods center console covers in (still yet to order the door armrest ones. Other than the small misalignments and folds you can only see when you're looking for them, they look and feel amazing. I opted for the black Nappa leather with red stitching.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) MEsrBdL

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) M23NaLU

Let's hope for a better start, I'm not sure why they seem to struggle with that.
Big facts man. play a full 60 and they'll be good. I text one of my good friends during every game (she was actually at the last game) and we started just talking hella shit every time Carey Price would make a save. Stupid inconsequential shit like, "Carey Price pours the milk before the cereal."

Glad to see my ghetto fabulous DIY RAM intake duct keeps my IATs at a range comparable to off the shelf intakes. Summer in-motion temps usually peak at 15-20F over ambient, winter time is 5-10

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
I buy her VGK gear (she's a big fan bc of me) and I've taken her to games. She also gets mad at me when I do something to my car and she's not able to assist bc her parents have split custody, and she's usually at her mom's place when that happens.
As a Pens fan, I'm jealous of some of the VGK gear, and glad that Fleury is getting to shine there.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As a Pens fan, I'm jealous of some of the VGK gear, and glad that Fleury is getting to shine there.
No rules saying you can't rock other teams gear. I mean, especially if you're buying flower gear, it's well warranted. That, and different divisions and all.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No rules saying you can't rock other teams gear. I mean, especially if you're buying flower gear, it's well warranted. That, and different divisions and all.
I wore my Steve Yzerman autographed Wings jersey to my first ever VGK game. Got a lot of compliments (and a joking threat to steal it). The Wings will always be my favorites, but the Knights are my guys unless they're playing Detroit.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
Finally got around to installing my Accord endlinks today. For some reason, committed to doing it when it was 115F (46C) out, the sun out, and the ground hotter than shit. Nothing laying a towel on the ground couldn't solve. lol
You need a creeper.
Sponsored