What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got around to installing my Accord endlinks today. For some reason, committed to doing it when it was 115F (46C) out, the sun out, and the ground hotter than shit. Nothing laying a towel on the ground couldn't solve. lol

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got around to installing my Accord endlinks today. For some reason, committed to doing it when it was 115F (46C) out, the sun out, and the ground hotter than shit. Nothing laying a towel on the ground couldn't solve. lol
Just the links, or did you beef up the sway bar?

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just the links, or did you beef up the sway bar?
I swapped in an FK8 RSB a while back. Figured I'd buy the endlinks while I was placing my order for an FK8 steering wheel. lol

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I know exactly what you mean. My brake rotors for my rear swap (PowerStop Slotted/Drilled) came warped last week... so of course Amazon sent replacements that arrived yesterday... that was a fun brake job. I think I lost 20 pounds in sweat and I'm dead tonight lol.

I did a solo brake bleed and they're still awfully spongy. I am gonna have a shop bleed them for me and swap the old fluid for some Motul, hopefully that problem goes away.

I did a LOT of stuff to my car the past 2 weeks... when my new wheels and tires FINALLY get here and are on the car, I plan on taking some love photos with my BB when she gets washed and waxed.

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Not pick it up from the dealership again since the radio didnt pass PMI for some reason. :mad: Bought it on Monday and still waiting.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
I washed my car this morning and did a quick outside detail, by the time I finished it was already 100 degrees. The worst part to me about doing car part installs or repair work in the heat is the sweat getting in my eyes. You're lying on your back under the car, trying to reach some bolt or whatever and all of a sudden you can't see! And you can't wipe your eyes with your greasy hands or greasy shirt!

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I washed my car this morning and did a quick outside detail, by the time I finished it was already 100 degrees. The worst part to me about doing car part installs or repair work in the heat is the sweat getting in my eyes. You're lying on your back under the car, trying to reach some bolt or whatever and all of a sudden you can't see! And you can't wipe your eyes with your greasy hands or greasy shirt!
Sweatbands or a hat, man. I have a Mission brand cooling gaiter I rock (or old military ballcap) when I'm doing car work in the heat. That and keep disposable shop towels nearby or in my pocket so I can clean my hand off enough to grab my dedicated sweat towel.

My 10 year old niece also likes helping me out when she can, so sometimes I have her grab me a clean paper towel or be like an OR nurse and wipe my face for me. Lol

groenek

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Have made a few modifications over the past few months.

- Lowered on Eibach Pro Kit
- Superspeed RF06RR in white 18x8.5
- Caruse FK7 Aero V.2
- waiting on the smoked white Unity side markers to complete this summers mods.

Next summer may include the HKS Legamax Premium exhaust and 27won CAI.
20210612_104056.jpg
Inked20210612_104144_LI.jpg
How do you like the setup and ride on the pro kit?

MachoGrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB ST (FK7)
Country flag
Wheels. Finally.
  • Bought the wheels. Realized I needed hub rings.
  • Bought the hub rings. Realized I needed lug nuts.
  • Bought the lug nuts. Realized they won't fit the "lug well" on the wheel.
  • Bought more lug nuts. Realized I got COUNTERFEITS... thank you soulless fraud artist selling on Amazon...
  • Ordered more lug nuts... COVID curb side 3 day wait.
  • Then stores open, go in to buy a barbecue thing, walk buy the EXACT LUG NUTS I should have and could have bought a month ago... cancel curbside order while standing in the checkout line.
  • Pay to have rubber swapped - winter/summer rims now.
Now debating mudflaps...

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 16238560624050

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Sweatbands or a hat, man. I have a Mission brand cooling gaiter I rock (or old military ballcap) when I'm doing car work in the heat. That and keep disposable shop towels nearby or in my pocket so I can clean my hand off enough to grab my dedicated sweat towel.

My 10 year old niece also likes helping me out when she can, so sometimes I have her grab me a clean paper towel or be like an OR nurse and wipe my face for me. Lol
I've never been a sweatband guy but maybe should try it. Hats don't seem to help, but I like your idea of sweat towels, I have used the disposable shop towels for that but not so much when I'm under the car.

I hope you get your niece something nice for being your helper.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've never been a sweatband guy but maybe should try it. Hats don't seem to help, but I like your idea of sweat towels, I have used the disposable shop towels for that but not so much when I'm under the car.

I hope you get your niece something nice for being your helper.
I buy her VGK gear (she's a big fan bc of me) and I've taken her to games. She also gets mad at me when I do something to my car and she's not able to assist bc her parents have split custody, and she's usually at her mom's place when that happens.
Sponsored