What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

robertk328

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
When you removed the rear H emblem, did the tabs break? I heard after removing the emblem and the tabs fall into the trunk causing it to rattle a bit. I want to replace my emblem with the black one, but this is a concern of mine.
None of the tabs broke off of the rear emblem when I removed mine. One tab did break off of the front emblem, but im not really concerned about it making any rattling noises.
The front is the one with the clips, so it will almost defintely break unless you do it by removing the grill, and ultimately the clips. The back one is held on with adhesive, though it still has the posts to make sure it's aligned/centered/etc. so you should be able to remove it without breaking anything.

Been thinking about making a sweet necklace with mine ?

another-bb.jpg

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
May I ask where you got the black sport badge? Looking to badge swap as well but can’t find any sport badges anywhere and that’s the only thing holding me back
College Hills Honda, like all of the other black emblems.

P/N is 08F20-TBA-100C

I am starting to see them at multiple sites now, but CHH has been selling them for a while now.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which carbon fiber vinyl wrap did you use? You use some sort of heat gun or something there? I tried using the highest hot setting from a hairdryer and that did not work with the wrap as it will not form or stick at all.
you gotta clean the plastic real good. hand soap followed by isopropyl alcohol usually works for me. heat guns are pretty much essential for wrapping. $20 or so at a harbor freight will get you one that will get the job done.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When you removed the rear H emblem, did the tabs break? I heard after removing the emblem and the tabs fall into the trunk causing it to rattle a bit. I want to replace my emblem with the black one, but this is a concern of mine.
I wouldn't worry about the tabs. I'm not sure the capture rings are installed on the back.

As for the front, the 3M tape will hold the new one just fine. I recommend buying 0.5" 3M VHB (Very High Bond) foam tape, and filling in the "H" to the edges to give it the right amount of hold. Make sure you clean the car surface with alcohol first too.

Here is a picture of my OEM rear emblem once I added the 3M. The 4 thin (non-3M) strips around the edge are all that were included.

20210509_201251.jpg

Last edited:

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did my front emblem today, but am still waiting for my black SPORT badge to arrive.

I have the black civic badge, and am doing something special with a new TOURING badge I bought.

I like the badges because they break up all that uni-color blank field on the rear end.
I guess I should have posted a before and after of the front.

Since I had Plasti-dipped the previous emblem, including the inside, it actually pops more against that inner dipped flat black.

20201026_182155 (2).jpg

20210509_174154 (2).jpg

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, I was planning on washing and detailing it but my neighbor decided to drunk park his SUV about a foot from my car last night. :rant:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All's well that ends well. My neighbor moved his car and I was able to wash it. I wasn't a happy camper earlier. It's a double milestone today. My car is celebrating it's 4th year with me and I'm celebrating my birthday today as well. :cool:

Derek.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Sport HB 6MT, 1996 Accord EX 4dr 5MT
Country flag
All's well that ends well. My neighbor moved his car and I was able to wash it. I wasn't a happy camper earlier. It's a double milestone today. My car is celebrating it's 4th year with me and I'm celebrating my birthday today as well. :cool:
Happy birthdays!