What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

SI(ck)Civic

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si
Country flag
Engine manifold spray paint. Heat resistant etc.
It lays like powder coating, real nice matt finish and seems very close to the engine cover colour. I used a heat-gun between layers as it cures almost instantly with heat.
Maybe a silly question... Did you take the manifold off to do that?

AngryLettuce

First Name
Badger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type-R
Country flag
Maybe a silly question... Did you take the manifold off to do that?
It was only the intake that I painted not the manifold (I still use engine cover), but yeah I removed it. It's spray-paint/rattle-can paint not a brushed on liquid.
When I paint in my garage I usually hang the item at head-height for accurate coverage, and use a heat gun after each coat to aid the drying/curing process. This way the paint is hard enough for me to handle the same day if I'm gentle enough when re-fitting.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
A two day update:

Garageline 20mm spacers all around... excuse the curbed wheels (previous owner)

Ultra Racing Front Strut Tower Bar! I didn't just chose it because it was white and matches but that is a big plus!

Honestly, it was kind of a pain to install! I had to really crank it over on one side to get it over the studs... ended up using a rubber mallet to really get it seated. The car definitely feels more planted with the bar/spacer combo.

I have a Whiteline Rear Sway bar and the CTR front brace waiting to go in this weekend. Drop springs are ordered but delayed till June.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) AC7D7873-42E9-4D35-B95E-AE57106A5C0D

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 17664399-5178-4CEB-9D7E-BBEA033AF704