What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
After installing the dc sports strut bar a while ago i noticed that the decal was on backwards I put it off as a manufacturer mistake. As posting on a strut bar thread a member mentioned to me that the decal on his was taped on. As is on mine as well so I put it on the correct way

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) AC7613E6-12BF-430B-99A1-57D2D4FB6D85
Sponsored

JDMsway1994!

First Name
Josue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Ex
Country flag
After installing the dc sports strut bar a while ago i noticed that the decal was on backwards I put it off as a manufacturer mistake. As posting on a strut bar thread a member mentioned to me that the decal on his was taped on. As is on mine as well so I put it on the correct way

AC7613E6-12BF-430B-99A1-57D2D4FB6D85.jpeg
Have you notice a difference in handling ? Im interested in this one

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
I’ve been going back and forth on whether I want to do this (or maybe even the TypeR shifter assembly), and thought I built up the confidence to maybe give it a shot.... now I’m having second thoughts ?
It's time consuming, but I know it would go a lot faster for me if I had to do it again. I would definitely want to have metric hex Allen head bits for a nut driver and try to figure out a way to tape off the carpet edges on the transmission hump. I printed out the Acuity installation pages (the first 11 or 12 are the same for each product) and watched the videos and they really helped. The biggest issue is that the guys who set up the instructions and do the videos are pros and don't always think about the errors us DIYers make.

It's a true upgrade, but I am a bit worried about the short shifter adapter being tight enough -- 2mm is so small and it was hard to get enough torque on the Allen wrench.

And hey, I didn't break anything or luckily lose anything and really, if I can do it pretty much anybody can. Bagging the screws/bolts separately and labeling the bags with the instruction number really helped putting everything back together and I ordered about 6 of the white clips from Honda in case I lost any during the process but didn't have to use them.

Good luck!

magshell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST
Country flag
Installed the PRL intercooler kit:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_5685 - Copy

But it turns out with the larger intercooler piping, my mishimoto intake box no longer fit:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_5701 - Copy

I left it SRI style with just the filter, but the intake temps were too high. So I bought some semi-stiff heat shield to make a box:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_5916 - Copy

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nothing major, got my wheels installed and changed the shifter boot. Next is installing the Buddy Club steering wheel, hopefully this Sunday! :)

(sorry for the horrible wheel pic, I got the car late)

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) boot

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) boot2

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Koni

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) wheels

alao01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-L
Country flag
Installed the PRL intercooler kit:

IMG_5685 - Copy.jpg

But it turns out with the larger intercooler piping, my mishimoto intake box no longer fit:

IMG_5701 - Copy.jpg

I left it SRI style with just the filter, but the intake temps were too high. So I bought some semi-stiff heat shield to make a box:

IMG_5916 - Copy.jpg
Did you leave on your plastic covers/shields thats under the IC post install? I just did mine too but left them off.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Made a very simple change to have my fogs and drl on at the same time... Since I have aftermarket fogs with a separate switch (not on the stalk), I just moved the fog power to a fuse that’s powered when the ignition is on.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you buy oem or aftermarket replacements?
I used these. Found them from another thread here. Just like oem, but only $76 for left and right assemblies. Good quality.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20201212_192703

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20201212_192512

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20201212_192404