What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

CivicPR0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Touring CVT
Country flag
Very nice indeed. I wanna go down that route but worried about the CVT: 27WON CAI > 27WON TIP > W2 Turbo
Thanks. I went with W1 bc I was advised W2 or even the upcoming RV6 may be too big for our CVT and not that beneficial over the W1.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rahat083144

First Name
Rahat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Accord CL9, 2016 Honda Civic 1.5T, 2020 Kia Sportage
Country flag
Thanks. I went with W1 bc I was advised W2 or even the upcoming RV6 may be too big for our CVT and that beneficial over the W1.
Thanks for the info. Reason I mentioned W2 was that one if my friends had a chipped fin on his pretty new W1, so I'm a bit jittery. Not looking for crazy power though.

Did you install all these 27WON stuff in one go or piecemeal? Just curious to know how much of a difference the CAI and TIP made in case they were installed piecemeal.

CivicPR0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Touring CVT
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Reason I mentioned W2 was that one if my friends had a chipped fin on his pretty new W1, so I'm a bit jittery. Not looking for crazy power though.

Did you install all these 27WON stuff in one go or piecemeal? Just curious to know how much of a difference the CAI and TIP made in case they were installed piecemeal.
If I could go back, I would do the 27Won T.I.P and Turbo at the same time. I did the T.I.P first and then decided a month later to get the Turbo. Having to remove the T.I.P and redo everything was a pain. Everything was installed as I got it throughout the build process.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took off the bumper, which isn't at all easy, and replaced my fog light assemblies. The bumper pretty much snaps off but almost feels like your going to break something.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20201210_153219

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20201210_153226

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20201210_154524

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Took off the bumper, which isn't at all easy, and replaced my fog light assemblies. The bumper pretty much snaps off but almost feels like your going to break something.

20201210_153219.jpg

20201210_153226.jpg

20201210_154524.jpg
Going to replace my fogs as well. It's pretty bad how Honda chose to use glass instead of polycarbonate for the Halogen Fog Light Assembly. My driver side fog is cracked and will replace both with OEM LED ones very soon. The LED versions are polycarbonate and not glass so it should be more resistant to oncoming rocks. Still going to get Lamin-X on for extra protection just to be safe.

Rahat083144

First Name
Rahat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Accord CL9, 2016 Honda Civic 1.5T, 2020 Kia Sportage
Country flag
If I could go back, I would do the 27Won T.I.P and Turbo at the same time. I did the T.I.P first and then decided a month later to get the Turbo. Having to remove the T.I.P and redo everything was a pain. Everything was installed as I got it throughout the build process.
Yeah I understand that replacing TIP is a real pain - but I wanted to go down a similar route i.e. CAI+TIP first because I can just drop them in, get converted TSP tune for the race MAF and later follow up with Turbocharger because that will require remote custom tune, which my work schedule just doesn't permit right now.

Also can you let me know how much of a difference the CAI and TIP made to the sound? I just don't want a loud sound which is one of the reasons I plan to opt for 27WON CAI instead of PRL Cobra.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Did the Acuity shifter upgrade thing. Took me WAY longer than expected.

Some lessons learned/mistakes made:

1) These mods are staying with the car whenever I eventually sell it because I'm not removing the console again!

2) I'd recommend having and using metric Allen head bits with a nut driver.

3) The armrest has to be down in order to remove the rear portion of the center console -- wasted a lot of time trying to get that thing off with the armrest up. Marred up the plastic doing this, but hey, nobody ever rides in the back seat of my car anyway, so.....

4) It would have easier to remove the switch panel with a larger pick tool, and the videos don't really show this procedure very well -- you need to insert the tool into the slot and rotate it and then pull on the the panel.

5) The short shifter adapter has a couple of 2mm Allen head screws -- this is too small IMHO and is very hard to tighten.

6) I bought the short shifter adapter used and it didn't have a grease packet but I thought there was some leftover grease in another packet and used that. I late found a grease packet that was with a different Acuity part so I removed the retaining wire clip again and put the grease around the endlink bushing. While doing so, the adapter came off!! So be careful to really ensure that the Allen head screws are tight.

7) The front left mounting screw location is difficult to access because of wiring in the way, and I had the bottom bushing fall underneath the carpet while trying the install. They're aluminum so not magnetic, but I was able to retrieve it with the spider claw attachment.

8) Also put in a few Killmat pieces on the transmission hump while I was there because I had extra and why not?

9) Driving impressions to follow.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Killmat
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Acuity Upgrades

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
So after getting all of the Acuity parts installed, I tried out the shifter before putting everything back together and of course with no power and the shifting was terrible and made me panic a little but I went ahead with the reinstall anyway.

The shifting is much better now, but very different and will take some time to get used to it. There is still some notchiness in the shifting, but now it seems like a good thing -- it doesn't last as long as before and is more of a "now you're in gear dude" kind of thing.

It's to bad that you have to put everything back together before test driving. I would have loved to try each part individually to see how much difference each one makes on its own. I have a feeling that I would have been just as satisfied with the overall feel without the short shifter adapter. If it falls off (yikes!!) because I didn't get it tight enough, I guess I'll find out.

Overall, highly recommended even though it took me the whole freakin' day.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Did the Acuity shifter upgrade thing. Took me WAY longer than expected.

Some lessons learned/mistakes made:

1) These mods are staying with the car whenever I eventually sell it because I'm not removing the console again!

2) I'd recommend having and using metric Allen head bits with a nut driver.

3) The armrest has to be down in order to remove the rear portion of the center console -- wasted a lot of time trying to get that thing off with the armrest up. Marred up the plastic doing this, but hey, nobody ever rides in the back seat of my car anyway, so.....

4) It would have easier to remove the switch panel with a larger pick tool, and the videos don't really show this procedure very well -- you need to insert the tool into the slot and rotate it and then pull on the the panel.

5) The short shifter adapter has a couple of 2mm Allen head screws -- this is too small IMHO and is very hard to tighten.

6) I bought the short shifter adapter used and it didn't have a grease packet but I thought there was some leftover grease in another packet and used that. I late found a grease packet that was with a different Acuity part so I removed the retaining wire clip again and put the grease around the endlink bushing. While doing so, the adapter came off!! So be careful to really ensure that the Allen head screws are tight.

7) The front left mounting screw location is difficult to access because of wiring in the way, and I had the bottom bushing fall underneath the carpet while trying the install. They're aluminum so not magnetic, but I was able to retrieve it with the spider claw attachment.

8) Also put in a few Killmat pieces on the transmission hump while I was there because I had extra and why not?

9) Driving impressions to follow.

Killmat.jpg
Acuity Upgrades.jpg
I’ve been going back and forth on whether I want to do this (or maybe even the TypeR shifter assembly), and thought I built up the confidence to maybe give it a shot.... now I’m having second thoughts ?

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link