What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Nope. No hubcaps. Lol. While ordering, it let me know that they don't have any hubcaps for those steelies. And honestly, I think hubcaps look cheesy. They remind me of the 90s too much. I mean, the plain steelies are certainly ugly, but I'd rather go with ugly than cheesy. But that's just me.

My main motivator here was money. I just wanted good snow tires, and didn't care about the wheels. I could have just gotten the tires in 18" and had them installed onto my factory Sport wheels (which I love, by the way), but I'd rather have two full sets so I could just switch them out as needed for the seasons. I can easily do that at home. I can't swap tires from wheel to wheel at home easily.

So I'll have to deal with riding on some ugly ass shoes for part of the year. No biggie for me. "Function over beauty", as they say. But I certainly understand those who prefer having both, and just throwing snow tires on some nice wheels.

I'll get some pics up of the functional ugliness after they're installed. ? Still got another month or so before snow is a real concern, though.
No shame. I am in the same boat. I went through the exact same thought process. I'm in WNY. I caught a good deal on the S80's & the same wheels, from tirerack, back in July. We're Just gonna have to suck it up for 3ish months.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did "these" tonight, is it obvious enough? Lol
Let's see who can tell the most accurate from these pictures?

20201023_204143.jpg
20201023_204410.jpg
20201023_215339.jpg
20201023_215419.jpg
20201023_215435.jpg
20201023_215737.jpg
20201023_234455.jpg

I'm liking the result, put Ammo Lather and Mousse on right after✌?
Where did you get the wheel? Are they in stock again? Dealer had no expected date.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
She’s just standing there....MENACINGLY!!!!/ゴゴゴゴ :confused1:
-
Figured I’d take a new pic with her newly upgraded (Morimoto XB Foglights). Really love the final outcome after a year of ownership. :)
-
Was thinking of lowering a bit for fun, but idk. ??‍♂

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 291CA69A-DCC7-4FAD-B162-00D3EB95CDAA

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where did you get the wheel? Are they in stock again? Dealer had no expected date.
I got it from the dealer, it took awhile to arrive, I think I ordered it when they announced the 2020 have alcantara instead, it was sitting in my basement for months, since I was waiting for the bottom garnish piece, that's the one took longest...

I just checked hondapartshq.com, looks like it's not discontinued yet ?
78501-TGH-A90ZA

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
By any chance you gonna sell that sport steering wheel ?
Nah sorry man?
I'm not selling my car nor reversing it anytime soon, but I try to keep my mods reversible, so I keep my old parts.

I've just checked the part number though, the price is not bad actually, maybe you can consider a brand new one ;)

https://www.hondapartshq.com/oem-parts/honda-grip-nh900l-leather-deep-black-78501tbaa21za?c=Zz1jaGFzc2lzJnM9c3RlZXJpbmctd2hlZWwtc3JzJmw9NSZuPUFzc2VtYmxpZXMgUGFnZSZhPWhvbmRhJm89Y2l2aWMtNS1kb29yJnk9MjAxOCZ0PXNwb3J0LXRvdXJpbmcmZT12YXJpYWJsZQ==

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got it from the dealer, it took awhile to arrive, I think I ordered it when they announced the 2020 have alcantara instead, it was sitting in my basement for months, since I was waiting for the bottom garnish piece, that's the one took longest...

I just checked hondapartshq.com, looks like it's not discontinued yet ?
78501-TGH-A90ZA
Yeah, mine is -C90ZA but they told me they won't see any in until spring. I was just hoping.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, mine is -C90ZA but they told me they won't see any in until spring. I was just hoping.
I see, you have the alcantara one ordered, well the good thing is, they got to be available to serve the 2020 models at some point, so it will show for sure. Next spring does seem long, but it's worth the wait ?

Seeing you have the ST too, I'd give you this advice, many tutorials on YouTube don't involve transferring the shifters, that confused me a little bit. If you look at the picture before the comparison of the 16&18 radio control buttons, you can see on the wheel there're one screw on each side, they hold the shifters, so meaning
1) pry the bezel out first,
2) then pry the radio control buttons and sensing buttons out
3) unscrew the screws for the shifters is the last step.

Step 1 & 2 are held by this rubbery material on the steering wheel, so just be patient, take the new wheel for reference on the mounting spots.

Last edited: