What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Installed my Awe exhaust and also installed rear lights that go where the reflectors sit.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20201015_120946

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20201015_122915

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20201015_134611

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20201015_134614

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Reflashed back to TSP Stage 1 after a good month of being on either the factory tune or a basemap... during a period I was looking at trading out of the Civic then swapped my V2 for a 1.2. Nice drive back to work from lunch. I’d kind of forgotten how good it is. ?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Installed my Awe exhaust and also installed rear lights that go where the reflectors sit.

20201015_122915.jpg
Not having rear reflectors would make me nervous about another car hitting yours while it's parked. I'd think carefully about keeping this mod.

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Not having rear reflectors would make me nervous about another car hitting yours while it's parked. I'd think carefully about keeping this mod.
Only place I park my car when it gets dark enough to need the reflectors is in my garage or driveway. And even then when I'm in parking lots I usually back my car into a spot against a curb usually far away from any other vehicles

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took my front plate off this past weekend for a big car meet here in Jersey

Really digging the look but debating whether or not I want to put it back on so I don't draw more attention from 5-0 than I already do :drive:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) unnamed4

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

Really digging the look but debating whether or not I want to put it back on so I don't draw more attention from 5-0 than I already do :drive:
I was so glad when Ohio did away with the front plate this year and made sure when I picked up my 2020 Si they didn't drill into the front bumper so it will be my first car without the holes in the front bumper. I ran my 9th gen for about 4 years without the front plate with no issue from the cops but New Jersey might be different.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now looking forward to the sound with and without the valves opened.
Wont it be really restrictive with the valves closed?
It will be really restrictive with valve closed.
That mid part is ID is only 1â…ś". Stock is around 2â…”" i think.
I will be putting a hole/s on the valve to allow some exhaust pressure out.

I couldnt put a bigger hole in the middle because the inner opening in the resonator is on 1â…ś" also

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
It will be really restrictive with valve closed.
That mid part is ID is only 1â…ś". Stock is around 2â…”" i think.
I will be putting a hole/s on the valve to allow some exhaust pressure out.

I couldnt out a bigger hole in the middle because the inner opening in the resonator is on 1â…ś" also
Interested in how it sounds, keep us posted.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was so glad when Ohio did away with the front plate this year and made sure when I picked up my 2020 Si they didn't drill into the front bumper so it will be my first car without the holes in the front bumper. I ran my 9th gen for about 4 years without the front plate with no issue from the cops but New Jersey might be different.
Ugh only if Jersey did the same :(

it's not tooooo bad here in Jersey depending on where you are, but I already run the windshield banners/tints/pink fogs/tinted rear signals/rear windshield stickers so I feel that the day I get pulled over I'm gonna get railed with tickets :spaz: (hopefully not knock on wood)

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag

unnamed4.jpg
Honestly, I wouldn't risk it. I completely appreciate the aesthetic concerns, but I just don't want to find myself looking over my shoulder every single time I see a police car.

it's not tooooo bad here in Jersey depending on where you are
...that's true, but in certain areas you will 100% get a ticket each and every time a cop spies your car - especially on a modded car that's likelier to draw attention. The penalty is...I think $100? Something in that ballpark. Just not worth it to me, but ymmv of course.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly, I wouldn't risk it. I completely appreciate the aesthetic concerns, but I just don't want to find myself looking over my shoulder every single time I see a police car.

...that's true, but in certain areas you will 100% get a ticket each and every time a cop spies your car - especially on a modded car that's likelier to draw attention. The penalty is...I think $100? Something in that ballpark. Just not worth it to me, but ymmv of course.
Yeah it's not terrible here in North Jersey. I'm in Fort Lee so there's a pretty decent amount of modified cars here and a fair share of super cars that don't run front plates. Cops in my town know my car by now and I haven't been hassled by them at all so I feel safe here, once I get to South Jersey whew that's a whole nother story

Looking into getting a plate relocator so I can have some style and be legal lolol

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Yeah it's not terrible here in North Jersey. I'm in Fort Lee so there's a pretty decent amount of modified cars here and a fair share of super cars that don't run front plates. Cops in my town know my car by now and I haven't been hassled by them at all so I feel safe here, once I get to South Jersey whew that's a whole nother story

Looking into getting a plate relocator so I can have some style and be legal lolol
Re: north NJ/Fort Lee, yeah, I can see that. I imagine it's a similar story in the other urban areas around NYC (like Newark & JC). I'm in central NJ, and it's kind of a mixed bag around here. I frequently drive through multiple towns (well, I did before covid/wfh) with reputations for...uh...let's call it "overzealous" enforcement - and very little in the way of modified cars. For example, I wouldn't worry so much about New Brunswick cops...but I'd definitely be wary of driving through North Brunswick or East Brunswick sans front plate. I just don't need that stress.

Plate relocator sounds like the right move.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sedan Sport
Country flag

unnamed4.jpg
Freshh, are you lowered?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Re: north NJ/Fort Lee, yeah, I can see that. I imagine it's a similar story in the other urban areas around NYC (like Newark & JC). I'm in central NJ, and it's kind of a mixed bag around here. I frequently drive through multiple towns (well, I did before covid/wfh) with reputations for...uh...let's call it "overzealous" enforcement - and very little in the way of modified cars. For example, I wouldn't worry so much about New Brunswick cops...but I'd definitely be wary of driving through North Brunswick or East Brunswick sans front plate. I just don't need that stress.

Plate relocator sounds like the right move.
Went to Rutgers over there hahaha, I could put all the illegal mods possible on my car and cops wouldn't even give a second look. Lots of craziness going on there rn with all the shootings and robbings

But yeah whenever I drive through those towns and South Jersey I drive as respectful as possible because it really is hit or miss
Freshh, are you lowered?
Thanks bro appreciate it, yeah I'm lowered on D2 springs with 25mm/20mm spacers and SPC rear camber arms
Sponsored