What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Thanks man! Yeah but I bet you don't miss the roads here haha :spaz:

every day I scream "FUCK" in my car when I hit an unavoidable big bump on the way to work
Yall should try driving in Cincinnati. Sometimes I feel like unavoidable potholes are going to swallow me whole. I've heard of people's axles, suspension, etc. breaking from it. Not friendly.
Sponsored

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After painting my wheels black, I realized how grey my tires were, and shining them after every wash is a pain tbh, so I bought some tire paint (linked below) and I think it turned out quite nice. The paint keeps its shine really well and is extremely easy to apply, here's a picture after 1 month; never shined or anything, just a light scrub when i washed the car.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) car 9.26.2020

The tire paint comes in black or clear (in case you have tire lettering or are worried about overspray).
link for the black paint: https://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-...licolor+tire+paint&qid=1601305218&sr=8-2&th=1
link for the clear paint: https://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-...licolor+tire+paint&qid=1601305218&sr=8-2&th=1

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
After painting my wheels black, I realized how grey my tires were, and shining them after every wash is a pain tbh, so I bought some tire paint (linked below) and I think it turned out quite nice. The paint keeps its shine really well and is extremely easy to apply, here's a picture after 1 month; never shined or anything, just a light scrub when i washed the car.
car 9.26.2020.jpg

The tire paint comes in black or clear (in case you have tire lettering or are worried about overspray).
link for the black paint: https://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-TP101-Tire-Paint-fl/dp/B00R244SHS/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=duplicolor+tire+paint&qid=1601305218&sr=8-2&th=1
link for the clear paint: https://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-TP101-Tire-Paint-fl/dp/B00R244QQ6/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=duplicolor+tire+paint&qid=1601305218&sr=8-2&th=1
Never hear of that before which version did you use?

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Never hear of that before which version did you use?
I used the black paint because it was cheaper but i wish i either went with the clear or been more careful because i got a bit of overspray on my quite freshly painted wheels. I did like 2 or 3 coats and the last one i laid on heavy so as to get the most shine, and it fades ever so slightly because of dust and dirt but it's way better than actual tire shine that diffuses brown after a week or two.

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
I used the black paint because it was cheaper but i wish i either went with the clear or been more careful because i got a bit of overspray on my quite freshly painted wheels. I did like 2 or 3 coats and the last one i laid on heavy so as to get the most shine, and it fades ever so slightly because of dust and dirt but it's way better than actual tire shine that diffuses brown after a week or two.
I used to make cardboard cutouts that were the exact size of the wheel so that I could cover it while I sprayed the armor all on the tire- I could do that with the paint!

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used to make cardboard cutouts that were the exact size of the wheel so that I could cover it while I sprayed the armor all on the tire- I could do that with the paint!
yeah in hindsight that would've been way better than what i did: i took an old amazon shipping envelops and held it over the wheel as i sprayed but it didn't work very well, and i think in a few months if the paint isn't as shiny anymore I think i'll go with the clear paint, and i'll update the thread at that time

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got rid of the blanks last week. Not only is it great to no longer see the blank switches. Nice to have additional switches for functions I can wire in for on and off-road use, and it looks so much better in my opinion than those awful blanks or aftermarket switches. Let me know if your guys like, it’s pretty affordable to get them at the local pick and pull yards. There are plenty of new Honda’s in the graveyards from unfortunate accidents.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) CF79EDE0-3B9D-4090-9DEB-578C660237A0

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got rid of the blanks last week. Not only is it great to no longer see the blank switches. Nice to have additional switches for functions I can wire in for on and off-road use, and it looks so much better in my opinion than those awful blanks or aftermarket switches. Let me know if your guys like, it’s pretty affordable to get them at the local pick and pull yards. There are plenty of new Honda’s in the graveyards from unfortunate accidents.

CF79EDE0-3B9D-4090-9DEB-578C660237A0.jpeg
What model/year did you pull those from? Fucking awesome I must say. Any plans to change the decals with a sticker/repaint, etc?

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What model/year did you pull those from? Fucking awesome I must say. Any plans to change the decals with a sticker/repaint, etc?
I’m not sure of the model years but there were plenty of them and I’ll continue to look for more when I go back the switches image covers actually come off the main switch so any Honda with a similar design should work. Thanks for the compliment I quite enjoy them also. No plans to change the Honda images they are all somewhat different so as long as I know what they do that’s all I need. I want to keep a factory style look so no decals or painting in the current plans. I am perfectly fine with the current images since the buttons are all different in some way. The blanks are another thing that have been a minor irritation for some time. I’m probably the only one OCD enough to do this to date I’m sure. I’m insane in the membrane and insane in the brain as Cypress Hill would say. :p

CivicPR0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Touring CVT
Country flag
AeroSpecRacing Coil Covers finally arrived and look amazing ?
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) E3F185B3-E206-4B66-9FDA-CE31ACC79E9C
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 84F453F6-618F-4177-A770-18419A26BBDF