What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Did my chrome delete finally. I think I made a few minor mistakes on the passenger side because I was doing it directly in the sun. So I moved my car where the passenger side was on the shade side and continue working. It wasnā€™t really easy for me. But I managed. It was hot to being in that Florida sun. I started about 7ish and just now finish around 10:20am. Ugh.

6050CA28-C3F8-45DA-BB25-9780202C459D.jpeg

12117266-C7F7-40A4-AE75-850884CADE29.jpeg
Most cases, only one that will notice the imperfections is you. Unless someone else walks by and knows thatā€™s what you did, and looks close at it.

Looks good enough to me. Good job.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most cases, only one that will notice the imperfections is you. Unless someone else walks by and knows thatā€™s what you did, and looks close at it.

Looks good enough to me. Good job.
Hereā€™s where I messed up on but thank you. It was easy applying it, especially when youā€™re not in the shade much.
**Edit**
I ended up using left over vinyl I had to cover up that bottom piece that was sticking out. I couldnā€™t stand it being like that so I had to fix it
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 202C3325-7404-4CB6-A3A3-16976BDE1257

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 6E74C3F0-1217-46F1-9E62-464E6517C9B6

Last edited:

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Yeah, unless someone waking by is inspecting your work, they probably wonā€™t even notice.

Did you use a heat gun or blow dryer while installing?

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, unless someone waking by is inspecting your work, they probably wonā€™t even notice.

Did you use a heat gun or blow dryer while installing?
Who needs a blow dryer when you have a Florida sun? Lol yeah I used a blow dryer. But itā€™s still not perfect. But Iā€™m okay with that. Iā€™m not a perfectionist by any means. Iā€™m just mad I had to stretch the vinyl a bit and cut off excess. I had a little bit of vinyl overlay on some parts but itā€™s better to be safe than sorry. I ordered the pre cut vinyl from Jets Vinyl store on Etsy.

Archie

First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic coupƩ lx 2017
Country flag
Who needs a blow dryer when you have a Florida sun? Lol yeah I used a blow dryer. But itā€™s still not perfect. But Iā€™m okay with that. Iā€™m not a perfectionist by any means. Iā€™m just mad I had to stretch the vinyl a bit and cut off excess. I had a little bit of vinyl overlay on some parts but itā€™s better to be safe than sorry. I ordered the pre cut vinyl from Jets Vinyl store on Etsy.
I was looking at this seller. I might buy the civic black cover from them! The other parts I want to do Iā€™ll cut the vinyl myself!

Mestiso863

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Changed the glovebox light to an LED. Only halogen bulbs left are the rear turn signals and visor vanity lights. Probably wonā€™t bother changing those out.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Changed the glovebox light to an LED. Only halogen bulbs left are the rear turn signals and visor vanity lights. Probably wonā€™t bother changing those out.
So the only turn signals that are LEDs on your car are the fronts? Did you have to install a resistor to prevent hyperflashing? Or do the LED bulbs you went with have a built-in resistor to do it?

rileyj98

First Name
riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe
Country flag
Hardcore mod update: Today I swapped out my air filter for an AEM Dryflow lol

Oh yeah, I also threaded in a new screw where I accidentally ripped the head off a bolt on the OEM filter box. Really Honda? You couldn't have used a stronger captive screw (that you somehow managed to torque down to a million psi?!?)
Yeah places who do any work when they check your air filter will gun it down pretty good, the torque spec is very low for them! I have the aem as well and I found it a great buy

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cleaned it at 8pm Sunday, since I missed last weekā€™s, felt awful yesterday, but it makes for a shit start to the week to get into a dirty car.

I used Aero Cosmetics waterless wash + Car Guys super cleaner, both for the first time, and I think they worked well but will know for sure when itā€™s light out.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) F4FB3F46-9C01-4514-8EF1-2040A5F12639
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 6CFC0567-7766-490E-AC5C-83934F777293

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
So the only turn signals that are LEDs on your car are the fronts? Did you have to install a resistor to prevent hyperflashing? Or do the LED bulbs you went with have a built-in resistor to do it?
I have a Sport Touring which already has LED for front turn signals and headlights. Yeah if I put LEDs for the rear turn signals it would need load resistors.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag