What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I've been so out of the Bmx scene since my son stopped racing, that I didn't even know SE was still around. I didn't even see any when he was racing and that was in 2005. He had a Redline ,and a Haro, but i remember thinking, where's all the bikes I grew up with besides those, GT, Black Diamond, Real Mongoose,not the stuff you get at Walmart, lol
Man, I'm getting old :(
In the very early eighties if you had a redline or mongoose BMX you were popular unfortunately I had the cheapest huffy BMX from Two Guys department store

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
In the very early eighties if you had a redline or mongoose BMX you were popular unfortunately I had the cheapest huffy BMX from Two Guys department store
Diamond Back was also popular around where I am. Of course, what made the bikes were the plastic mag wheels.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Finally getting my head gasket replaced today! This was why I had to top off my coolant every other day for a couple of months
C0734A69-FA14-4AD7-BF65-78E20C031A37.jpeg
D00E08EF-F4D7-495C-A6C5-0623EB55C507.jpeg
wow how many miles? any idea what caused that? is that a k20 or L15?

roro40p

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 TYPE R-11883
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got red interior trim ? next Android head unit! Waiting for moving safer neighborhood ?head unit not expensive but they'll think is expensive, then break the car lol.

link?

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I had a Huffy for a lot of my childhood, too. It was a tank and lasted me a looong time. Frame finally snapped after too many jumps and too much abuse. Upgraded to a Haro when I was 12 or so. I felt like I went from a Chevy to a Benz. Lol.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Diamond Back was also popular around where I am. Of course, what made the bikes were the plastic mag wheels.
That is how long I've been out of this, I said Black Diamond, thinking about Diamondback,ugh.
Still Black Diamond is my favorite Kiss song :)

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a Huffy for a lot of my childhood, too. It was a tank and lasted me a looong time. Frame finally snapped after too many jumps and too much abuse. Upgraded to a Haro when I was 12 or so. I felt like I went from a Chevy to a Benz. Lol.
Was it a Huffy pro thunder ? I had one and I was a big guy, bent the cranks, bent the rims, stripped the handle bars and bent the stem, then finally, got a Mongoose with tuff wheels and cromoly cranks. Felt just like you did about the Haro,lol

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This takes me back. Kids in the neighborhood had General Shadow, Kuwahara (white frame, purple mags ?), Dyno Compe, GT Performer, Torker with Skyway mags, Schwinn Predator with Peregrine wheels...

I had a Huffy 10 speed. I'd crush everyone when riding to the next town over though

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was your Huffy tuned?

Brakes adjusted for max stopping power and the smoothest chain derailleur action WD-40 and 11 year old hands with Craftsman tools could manage