What dealer?

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
AutoFair Manchester for me, otherwise it would've been Peters and then Dover Honda. Whoever had the car and the price I wanted to pay got the deal.
Sponsored

mvoorhis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
I also bought my gen10 Civic at Lundgren. The purchase experience (and price) was very good and I have no complaints at all.

mvoorhis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
I'm not sure what a "one price dealer" is, so I can't really answer. I paid a hair under $16k for the car, new, in September of 2016.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STI
Country flag
I'm not sure what a "one price dealer" is, so I can't really answer. I paid a hair under $16k for the car, new, in September of 2016.
It means what they offer it for is what it is and there's no haggling or upping of the price

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Honda Village, Newton, MA November 2019. MSRP for CTR. Nice people there.

The only uncomfortable situation was when you get locked in the room with a guy that wants to sell you the extended warranty and the wheel and tire protection package but I’m actually glad I got the wheel and tire protection package as I had to replace two tires that had a slice on the inside sidewall from a pothole assumably.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
OK, the post by 'Baby NSX' does remind me now -- Lundgren tried to get me to "simoniz" the car. I didn't pursue that.
Yeah dealers will always try to upsell this or that. That’s how they make money. The dealership is a business after all. I don’t think they make all that much money off of selling new cars. Depends on the car and everything of course. Back in the early 90s I worked at an Acura dealership and the NSX was the worst profit in car for them because every day at sat on the lot the interest that they paid to the bank ate out on their profits. I remember our dealership lost a sale of a new NSX to another dealership because that dealership threw in $100 floor mats and we couldn’t afford to do that because it would bite into the profits. I think back then I heard some thing like the profit was only like $300 or something crazy low. I was told where the dealership actually makes money, at least back then, was with the used cars.

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
Yeah dealers will always try to upsell this or that. That’s how they make money. The dealership is a business after all. I don’t think they make all that much money off of selling new cars. Depends on the car and everything of course. Back in the early 90s I worked at an Acura dealership and the NSX was the worst profit in car for them because every day at sat on the lot the interest that they paid to the bank ate out on their profits. I remember our dealership lost a sale of a new NSX to another dealership because that dealership threw in $100 floor mats and we couldn’t afford to do that because it would bite into the profits. I think back then I heard some thing like the profit was only like $300 or something crazy low. I was told where the dealership actually makes money, at least back then, was with the used cars.
still holds true today. Not much wiggle room from MSRP unless something really rare, and they know they are able to sell at higher price. The real profit is made in Used Cars and fixing cars out of warranty which is rare in itself as many people don’t hold on to cars past warranty, if they do they go elsewhere or are DYi tech savvy people who work on their own vehicle.

mvoorhis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
I have no animosity at all to dealers that try to sell extra stuff to me. Like any other business, they've got employees to pay, and those employees need money to buy food, pay rent/mortgage/utilities and the like. My father (may he RIP) was in new/used car sales for decades and I have great empathy for the folks that work in this industry.
Sponsored