What dealer accessories do you think are worth it?

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Right now I'm thinking about getting the illuminated door sills trims. Not because I want the light but because I think that those door sills need protecting after I saw the thread yesterday. One dealer said they already come with door sill trims but I don't think that's accurate? Are there any cargo trays or nets or anything you think are worth having?
Sponsored

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From the dealer? None.

But cargo tray and floor mats would be good.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I second the cargo tray, next on my list of isht to do.

Pinstripes too.

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
Trunk tray and that's about it. I got floor mats because the dealer put them in but expect they're crap quality and I'll have to replace them with better ones soon. Even the Honda trunk tray is a bit slippery, I wish it were a tiny bit gripper so things don't slide around as much (but then if you're pushing stuff to the front and it's grippy that could be annoying too).

skullan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda LX (6MT), formerly a 2006 Hyundai Accent.
Country flag
I got door sill trim (illuminated), all-weather protection package, fog lights and body side moulding.

Trim because all my prior cars look like someone sand papered the Driver side sill.
Weather package because of splash guards and mats.
Body Side moulding because I park in an underground garage at work.
Fog Lights for aesthetics.

routehero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
If you don't need the illuminated door sills, check out this:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/322048354449?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Comes with the rears. My Honda dealer (Canada) said that the illuminated ones don't come with rears, and that's where my kids are going to do the most damage.

I took the weather mats, cargo liner and cargo hook. The hook is surprisingly useful, I'm able to keep two reusable grocery bags hooked on to it.

ravensword21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T WOP
Right now I'm thinking about getting the illuminated door sills trims. Not because I want the light but because I think that those door sills need protecting after I saw the thread yesterday. One dealer said they already come with door sill trims but I don't think that's accurate? Are there any cargo trays or nets or anything you think are worth having?
Cargo tray is a must. That's is the only item I added when I purchased the civic. Well worth it although things tends to slide around because the tray itself is a smooth material. :)

burns_erin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/Sensing
Country flag
I got the Weathertech mats and cargo tray instead of the dealer ones, they were cheaper and I liked the look of them better. I'm particularly pleased with the cargo tray, it's nice and grippy, but the floor mats are nice too.

I'm personally looking at going back and getting the cargo hook and the door sill guards.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
WeatherTech mats were cheaper? Did you buy the ones in the big box stores or the custom fit ones direct from WT?

burns_erin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/Sensing
Country flag
WeatherTech mats were cheaper? Did you buy the ones in the big box stores or the custom fit ones direct from WT?
From Weathertech online the custom fit, not exactly cheap, but it's more probably how much the dealer wanted to charge for the high wall all weather ones. I'm sure better deals from dealerships my be available, but for front and rear and trunk, it was about $100 less.

touring420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Touring.. 2003 Civic DX (for sale btw)
Country flag
If you don't need the illuminated door sills, check out this:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/322048354449?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Comes with the rears. My Honda dealer (Canada) said that the illuminated ones don't come with rears, and that's where my kids are going to do the most damage.

I took the weather mats, cargo liner and cargo hook. The hook is surprisingly useful, I'm able to keep two reusable grocery bags hooked on to it.
Mind if I ask what the sills cost you in total? I'm in Canada also.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I would never buy the accessories directly from the dealership - mark up is insane.

If you're gonna buy OEM Honda stuff, CollegeHillsHonda.com is the place to go for sure - way cheaper.

Save your money and buy either HuskyLiners or WeatherTech mats (cargo and interior) - I'll never own another car without them and they're usually more affordable on websites like AutoAnything.com

kalin21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I want wing spolier and fog lights, If I order online where can I get the install?...total cost would be cheaper than the dealer?
Sponsored