Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
Hi guys, first post and an unfortunate one. Been following this forum even before I purchased my 18. Car been a blast and finally got around to tuning with hondata. All was well for a while after tuning

Mods are:
-PRL high volume intake
-J’s racing catback exhaust
-Hondata tune

As of the other night I been feeling the cars a little off then what I’m used too.

What I’m hearing is the exhaust volume quieter then what it used to be. Both on cold starts and specific rpms. Usually I got to upshift to bring the volume down..really not the case now.

What I been feeling is the car not building it’s power as fast as it used too. I understand the temps play a big part too but I don’t think it’s that. Just noticed in second gear pull it’s really only hitting 5/10psi..in 3rd I’ll see 20.

It’s hard to explain but hopefully someone can off some insight or things I can try. I’ve also reloaded my 93 octane map with no real change in these characteristics.

Thanks in advance guys!

Update: -10 psi at idle

Thanks in advance guys!
Sponsored

Last edited:

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Did you just install a hondata on it what base map did you install did you activate the antilag on the tune if this is used with oem cat it will distroy it and cause the car to have bad air flow if you are not passing from 10psi of boost its either that or a big boost leak check your vacuum its should be between 10 and 11 at idle

OP
OP
Chrisp1

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you just install a hondata on it what base map did you install did you activate the antilag on the tune if this is used with oem cat it will distroy it and cause the car to have bad air flow if you are not passing from 10psi of boost its either that or a big boost leak check your vacuum its should be between 10 and 11 at idle
thanks for the response, I have not activated anti lag. I too was just thinking of the cat being clogged up or fried. This might explain the quieter exhaust and lack of building boost? Could a tune, running hard and the crazy heat our engines produce possibly blow a cat..

just checked. At -10psi at idle...

where abouts would the main vacuum source be?

appreciate it!

Last edited:

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
I have hondata with custom tune only prl front pipe everything else is oem and mine is perfect only thing that will destroy your cat is antilag

OP
OP
Chrisp1

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have hondata with custom tune only prl front pipe everything else is oem and mine is perfect only thing that will destroy your cat is antilag
Could it be clogged?

Currently hiring my tank of fuel for some new 94 octane..will see if that helps.

may have to look at the oem downpipe.

maybe a battery rest or revert to stock could help too.

Last edited:

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
If you're going by the idle PSI on the gauge cluster, mine shows -10 idle as well. Not sure if it's an issue, or maybe I have some underlying issues too that I'm not aware of.

I can hit full boost no issues though and nothing is weird other than my buzzing on acceleration.

OP
OP
Chrisp1

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you're going by the idle PSI on the gauge cluster, mine shows -10 idle as well. Not sure if it's an issue, or maybe I have some underlying issues too that I'm not aware of.

I can hit full boost no issues though and nothing is weird other than my buzzing on acceleration.
I just had put that info there but upon research it’s normal as the vehicle is in vacuum rather then boost.

I just disconnected my negative battery thermal for a reset after filling up on some fresh 94 octane. Upon driving the car deff feels better..it will still continue to be relearning the fuel trims but I’m hoping it stays this way!

OP
OP
Chrisp1

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

do you hit full boost in all gears? that too can be a rarity dependent on a lot of things including temps etc

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm on 91 PRL Downpipe, Intercooler tune with various misc options, but I only do pulls in 3rd and 4th. So no, I cannot confirm or deny I can hit full boost on "all gears". I never go hard on 1st or 2nd at all lol.

OP
OP
Chrisp1

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm on 91 PRL Downpipe, Intercooler tune with various misc options, but I only do pulls in 3rd and 4th. So no, I cannot confirm or deny I can hit full boost on "all gears". I never go hard on 1st or 2nd at all lol.
okay np! yes my tune had reduced trq in 1st and second as well. I'll give it some in 2nd somewhere after 3500 rpms.

what downpipe do you have..catted?

OP
OP
Chrisp1

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes PRL catted.
Nice, before this stuff came up I was debating the prl catted DP and FP. From what ive read you need an 02 hardness extension especially for the recent revised version catted pipes. Also for any light to really stay off have to use hondata or ktuner. Seems like our cars trigger 02 cels even with a defouler..

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't have any CELs and I just flashed the tune as mentioned above. Not sure what extension you are talking about, I was able to reuse both O2 sensors no problem and reuse the heatshield with the provided hardware.
Sponsored