What could cause all the dash warning ⚠️ lights to come on while driving?

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2018, Honda Type R 2021
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I was taking a long drive down I-95. Turned on cruise control during moving traffic. The car kinda kicked back a little while all the dash warning lights popped up. I could no longer set cruise control. Wouldn’t clear etc. Freaked me out! :( I get off next exit and turn off the car. All the dash lights cleared and no longer illuminated. Driven another 1000 miles or so since. Including using cruise control again Any ideas what caused the weird glitch? :dunno:

2018 Honda Civic Touring
Sponsored

jorus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
So I was taking a long drive down I-95. Turned on cruise control during moving traffic. The car kinda kicked back a little while all the dash warning lights popped up. I could no longer set cruise control. Wouldn’t clear etc. Freaked me out! :( I get off next exit and turn off the car. All the dash lights cleared and no longer illuminated. Driven another 1000 miles or so since. Including using cruise control again Any ideas what caused the weird glitch? :dunno:

2018 Honda Civic Touring
Huh - no expert here at all but my hunch would be a loose cable or something causing a power issue? I'd take it to the dealer if you can!

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I had the opposite, all the dash lights shut off, including my analog speedo and tach. I stopped the car and cycled the ignition and they came back. The dealer replaced some kind of control unit, hasn't happened a 2nd time.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I suspect that something was interfering with the RADAR or the camera for the Sensing system. If either of those get wonky data; they will throw a ton or errors (adaptive cruise, collision mitigation, brakes, and maybe others). If it doesn't happen again; I'd just write it off to road debris, a weird shadow or glare, or aliens.

Good luck.

sypha923

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring Sedan, 2006 Honda Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Have had it happen a couple times in mine. One was a curvy road and another I as cut off and the system thought I was going to crash but I wasn't.

warsaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civicx
Country flag

2018 Honda Civic Touring
You turned on cruise control “during moving traffic?”

OP
OP
Leveslady

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I suspect that something was interfering with the RADAR or the camera for the Sensing system. If either of those get wonky data; they will throw a ton or errors (adaptive cruise, collision mitigation, brakes, and maybe others). If it doesn't happen again; I'd just write it off to road debris, a weird shadow or glare, or aliens.

Good luck.

That’s sorta how I felt. It’s been fine since. Just didn’t know if it’s happened to others? Maybe it didn’t like a big highway of moving cars? I just don’t know.

OP
OP
Leveslady

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You turned on cruise control “during moving traffic?”
Why yes? It was moving. Lol. I didn’t have my own road to drive on.

OP
OP
Leveslady

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Huh - no expert here at all but my hunch would be a loose cable or something causing a power issue? I'd take it to the dealer if you can!

I thought that too, but it’s worked fine since.

OP
OP
Leveslady

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have had it happen a couple times in mine. One was a curvy road and another I as cut off and the system thought I was going to crash but I wasn't.
Oic!!! I’m thinking it freaked out. :eek:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I had my 2016 LX on a lift about 6 months ago when I was changing the cvt fluid. I had the parking brake on while the car was in the air and I pressed the gas pedal to spin the front wheels.... The thing freaked out and thought the brake system was damaged. Every damn light on the dash lit up and the parking brake would not disengage. Had to disconnect the battery and reset it.
Sponsored