omalleyman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Type R
Country flag
When the R first came out I was drawn to Aegean Blue and Championship White.

In 2017 the dealer near me had black at "MSRP". I was surprised at how much I liked it in person. Would have bought it but they added $5k in "options" so I walked.

A couple of years later I saw that another local dealer had a CW on their site for slightly under MSRP. I went to check it out at lunch and never went back to work that day. The salesman was irked that the online price was under MSRP but they honored it.
Sponsored

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
The first R I ever saw was in a grocery store parking lot; black. I got to see one up close in Toronto, they had one at their baseball stadium, also black. It was at the top of the list until I saw a photo of CW and that was it lol. It's just so clean. And now I have a white 4Runner to go with it hahahaha

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Sonic Grey Pearl - because that is what Honda painted it from factory :dunno:

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
I ended up with CW because I bought used and it was a good price. I would have rathered Sonic Gray Pearl or Rallye Red (color of choice) but I don't hate the CW

todda

2018 Aegean blue CTR 14103
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean blue Type R; 2011 Subaru WRX limited; 2003 Acura RSX-S were previous vehicles
Country flag
Boost Blue here. I was researching Type Rs and knew I had to have it. Put a deposit down after agreeing to MSRP. Best decision I’ve made.
I have had the car for more than 2.5 yr and have seen a few Championship White and Black Pearl models, and one Rallye Red one which I thought was just too much. I ended up with Aegean Blue Metallic (the only color available at the dealer..) and have never seen another one, so I like the fact that it is not like every WR Blue Pearl STI driving around SoCal.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
My first choice was Rallye Red. But the nearest one was 5 hours away and was 10k over MSRP. Locally there was only Black and White available at about 8k over. I found a dealer about an hour away that had PMM (my second choice) and only a 5k markup. So went there negotiated it down a bit and purchased it. I have since added red accents :)

R-36276

First Name
Milo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
CW, the only color I considered. Took me 3 months and 40 dealerships to find one that would sell it to me at MSRP.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Black because i had only had 1 other black car and I felt like I needed that color again. In hindsight I shouldve went with a different color, its impossible to keep clean but there were no other good deals in my area and I wasnt interested in CW. haha oh well, it shines damn well when clean though.

tde1205

First Name
Tulio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TypeR
Country flag
Sonic Gray Peral - Dealer told me they hasd Championship White - but it was Sonic Grey! they also has an LE but wayy to pricey. got my '21 SGP for 43k :(

slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
CW because that was the OG colour for Type R's long before they were ever available in North America.

GTWaggin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
SGP was my first choice. A dealer had TWO, a '19, and '20. They offered my the '19 at a $2600 discount. I bought it. I do love the Boost Blue, and Yellow though. I actually would have been happy with any of the colors.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Always wanted the white. Good canvas to start from when it come to aftemarket products. Also I don't know where people say "you see dirt faster on a black car." BS. I have a black '89 Civic Si and I see the dirt on that car faster that my white cars.
Honda Civic 10th gen What color is your type r and why 20210223_111355_LI

Honda Civic 10th gen What color is your type r and why Type R evo