What color is your Civic and if you had to get something else, what would it be?

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
^^ I don’t understand the mindset of that... you’re paying THOUSANDS of dollars for your vehicle, get what you like/want, unless it’s not available. I had zero thoughts about what I’d look like buying my car, my only thoughts were if I liked it or not.
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Modern steel. kind of boring. I'd love the rallye red but I'm an old guy. I was afraid I'd feel stupid in it. Maybe I should have gotten black though.
Trust me, be glad you didn't get black. I almost traded from it for the modern steel, but got the lunar silver .Black is a nightmare in the daytime, especially if you have OCD.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Modern steel. kind of boring. I'd love the rallye red but I'm an old guy. I was afraid I'd feel stupid in it. Maybe I should have gotten black though.
What does age have to do with it?

Most dealer lots look boring when I drive past them because they're mostly 50 shades of gray. If there is a red or blue car it really stands out.

If you like modern steel that's OK, but don't buy it because you think you're too old for something else. My neighbor bought a yellow Corvette when he was in his 70s.

Years ago a friend of mine didn't get some optional styled steel wheels on a car because he thought he was too old. I'm like WTF, you're not even 30. I didn't understand the rationale back then & still don't.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
When I bought my civic in 2018 I turned 50 years old I was looking at the red with leather But it was beige I didn’t like ther was a sonic green one on the lot but it was a 2.0 liter wanted a turbo so settled for
modern steel thinking like a old guy but now I’m seeing a lot of lime green mustang challengers being driven by old guys now thinking about it I should have gotten the green ( the turbo EX) because I always wanted a sassy green 1971 Plymouth 340 duster

mbpbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX-L Hatch
Country flag
I got the modern steel. I am also old, but that didn't influence my choice. I like the grey/black look. I was considering the sonic grey as well but I liked the darker color better in person. I think the Agean Blue would have been my third choice.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
When I bought my civic in 2018 I turned 50 years old I was looking at the red with leather But it was beige I didn’t like ther was a sonic green one on the lot but it was a 2.0 liter wanted a turbo so settled for
modern steel thinking like a old guy but now I’m seeing a lot of lime green mustang challengers being driven by old guys now thinking about it I should have gotten the green ( the turbo EX) because I always wanted a sassy green 1971 Plymouth 340 duster
The Challengers, Camaros & Mustangs have a retro look and back then cars came in many colors: green, yellow, orange, purple. They're making those colors today & obviously people are buying them. I've had white cars, but back then not every other car was white or black, like it is today.

Civics coupes did have Energy green & Tonic yellow, two of my favorites.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
The Challengers, Camaros & Mustangs have a retro look and back then cars came in many colors: green, yellow, orange, purple. They're making those colors today & obviously people are buying them. I've had white cars, but back then not every other car was white or black, like it is today.

Civics coupes did have Energy green & Tonic yellow, two of my favorites.
My problem with a white car is that I live in Florida where there’s five white cars to one color car. There’s a lot of white cars and trucks in Florida. The other day on my commute to work sitting at a traffic light on a three lane highway all surrounding cars were white and four of them where Hondas not including mine

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
My problem with a white car is that I live in Florida where there’s five white cars to one color car. There’s a lot of white cars and trucks in Florida. The other day on my commute to work sitting at a traffic light on a three lane highway all surrounding cars were white and four of them where Hondas not including mine
I can understand white in FL or AZ, but Tonic yellow would be good too!

RufflesSCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
I have a Canadian 2020 LX hatchback and they only came in white, black or grey for this year. I would've loved getting it in rallye red!

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't flame me guys,it's just my preference, but I don't like the red offered on the civics and red is my favorite color. I don't know the names specifically , but Mazda has an awesome red as does Hyundai , ford and Chevy. It's like a metalic looking red ,where as to me, the civic red is like fire engine red.:fear:

Last edited:

GalcticM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Accord, 2012 Honda CR-V, 2020 CTR CW
Country flag
Mine is Championship White but I originally wanted Polished Metal. I like the white but wanted one of the less common colors. The best deal I could find was for CW and I had no hesitations. After buying Im just as happy as I would have been if I did get the dark grey.