saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Change this a little instead of what car or auto manufacturers that you would buy or own what car or auto manufacture that you wouldn’t buy or own
the first for me is any Chrysler products
and fords ( I had to many fords in the past)
and a few German products to
Sponsored

Deleted member 40377

For me, it is VW. Had a Passat's manual 5-speed give out at 1 month past the warranty. They wouldn't even consider anything for good will or the like. I get it, I only paid $2500 for the warranty so it's fair that they're not going to cover it. Just the way they went about and tried to claim I abused it or it was my fault. Then said , sorry not going to even offer any discounts to fix it. Not a penny.

Soured me to the whole brand. Shame as I had my eye on a nice S3...cold day in hell I'll give them money, not a penny.

Beholder84

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I used to be purely GM and never wanted to get anything but GM. Then I drove a friends Civic Si. Now that I'm a little older too I don't think it's so much the brand, but the model and year that's more important. Certain model years of pretty much anything may be better or worse than the competition. Make some friends with lube techs and mechanics that work on a good variety of vehicles and ask them what they see issues with the most. Outside of that, buy what fits your budget and your style.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Generally, pretty much all American and French cars, although there's some really cool oldskool Frenchies (Who wouldn't want a 205 GTI eh?). Italian cars have pretty much tanked as well. Fiats used to be quite popular here and Alfa's were seen as a bit posh, but you couldn't give them away now.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Generally, pretty much all American and French cars, although there's some really cool oldskool Frenchies (Who wouldn't want a 205 GTI eh?). Italian cars have pretty much tanked as well. Fiats used to be quite popular here and Alfa's were seen as a bit posh, but you couldn't give them away now.
To bad they didn’t sell the Peugeot 205 GTI In the US

Deleted member 40377

You're right about the french and italians of old, but, damn, that new Giulia from Alfa looks pretty sweet.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
You're right about the french and italians of old, but, damn, that new Giulia from Alfa looks pretty sweet.
Oh I agree.
They look fantastic but beneath the skin they're built poorly and are still unreliable. I'd love to have a 500 Abarth but I'd only buy it in the knowledge that it'll be needy.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To bad they didn’t sell the Peugeot 205 GTI In the US
Yeah, from what I hear, you guys missed out on a lot of the old skool hot hatch scene. The Renault 5 Turbo was another great example. The Citroen AX GTi and the Fiat Uno Turbo too. I was a big fan of the Micra Super Turbo.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Renault 5 Turbo
We had the FWD version of this which was call the LE CAR
in the early eighties but I’ve seen a few Renault 5 turbo at car shows in the pasted and most that owned them where canad

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Currently? Mitsubishi. They offer literally nothing in their lineup that I would consider buying over any of their competitors
I’ll agree the eclipse is now a SUV/CUV a coworker that I knew years ago had a 93 3000 GT it was a nice car for its time. I'm sure either the next generation mustang will probably be a truck or SUV

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Fiat, Alfa, VW, Non AMG Mercedes, Non RS Audi, Non M BMW, Jaguar, Chrysler, Some GM product

I love simple reliable car that give me a peace of mind. for a daily commute car, the Japanese's offer pretty much cover everything. If I ever jump back in the car scene again, that would be a different story.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
To be honest, in most cases I only really care about specific models. If a brand doesn't offer a single model I like then I'd avoid it, reliability or performance be damned. Chrysler products are absolute junk but the Challenger just does it for me and I constantly fight the urge to get one.

I think the only brand I refuse to support under any circumstance is Ford now. That Mach-E abomination was the last straw.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I always read and hear bad things about Range Rovers breaking down. I've never owned one though so I can't speak from experience.

Slowhite03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 sport touring
Country flag
Ford, before I got my 18 sport touring I had a focus with a dct. The clutches were slipping and I brought it in still under warranty and they wanted to charge me to even look at a car which still was under warranty.

I traded in my focus the following week but l lost so much $$$ in trade in but that will be the last time I buy a Ford
Sponsored