What car do you plan on getting next?

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
May or may not hang onto my type r. We're looking at moving back to PA from FL so I'm not keen on the type r in the north. Would be nice to keep it for summer time though
What's the issue with the CTR in the north..?
Sponsored

Vampyrplanck

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yeah I beat 2 GTO 6.0ā€™s, ā€˜94 Cobra, bmw 750Li, 2 AMG C43, 2005 Mustang GT, M3 but he had 3 people in the car lol otherwise Iā€™d get smoked.
My GTX2860R kit will be here soon, and eventually, I'm going to build the motor and upgrade the fuel system, and then people won't have a clue what happened after I put my foot down. People just don't expect it anymore. So few Si's are actually built, and have added fuel systems.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
Ha living in Florida for 5 years the thought of going back up north is bouncing around in my head maybe PA,OH or KY not NY
Yeah, I'm moving for work and family but I'm getting some land this time around. Looking at about 20 acres with mountain views (big hills in PA). I work remote so the winter doesn't affect me that much.

What's the issue with the CTR in the north..?
Well I'm not sure there is a problem other than me not wanting to drive with grit and cinder all over the road. It's looking like I'm taking it with me anyways as I'm in the same boat as you with an accident destroying my resale. I'll just mostly park it during the winter and take the wrx.

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
I may be switching over to a 18+ mustang GT next year. I also wanna wait to see what Subaru does with the new STI but for the most part I am leaning towards the S550 platform.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I'm not sure there is a problem other than me not wanting to drive with grit and cinder all over the road. It's looking like I'm taking it with me anyways as I'm in the same boat as you with an accident destroying my resale. I'll just mostly park it during the winter and take the wrx.
It'll be fine. Mine survived last Winter with mostly no issues; this year I'll take the Toyota in the event of bad weather or if there's salt on the roads (such as on Monday/Tuesday with the impending storm..!).

Destroying the resale value definitely hurts though.

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Mustang sedan? Yeah I donā€™t think so since they made that mustang SUV remember ford wants to go truck only so a sedan would be out of the question. As a used to be mustang fan where is the up roar on this mustang SUV remember in the late eighties when the probe was originally going to be the mustang all of the mustang fans said the mustang has to be a ā€œRWD sport coupe ā€œ so Ford retooled the fox platform for another decade or so. yeah I used to be a fan BTW the mid eighties Ford LTD which also used a fox platform was nicknamed ā€œthe four door mustang ā€œ because a lot of motor heads were able too put mustang performance parts on it
The Stinger GT would be a awesome choice :headbang:
A rumor flying around is that there will be a Mustang Family. So the Mach-E with the 2 door coupe will be the start of the Mustang Family, but it's a rumor only. If a Mustang Sedan happens then cool, if not then there are other cars on the shopping list. I owned 3 Mustangs in the past and a Trans Am and do miss a rear wheel drive car.

I still have several years to go before the next car, so no rush yet:)

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
A rumor flying around is that there will be a Mustang Family. So the Mach-E with the 2 door coupe will be the start of the Mustang Family, but it's a rumor only. If a Mustang Sedan happens then cool, if not then there are other cars on the shopping list. I owned 3 Mustangs in the past and a Trans Am and do miss a rear wheel drive car.

I still have several years to go before the next car, so no rush yet:)
To be perfectly honest the best looking mustangs where 1979 - 1993 ( fox platform) or what some would say the ā€œ fairmont mustang ā€œ the reason I say this is because itā€™s wasnā€™t trying to look like a 64 1/4 to 73 ā€œ the retro look ā€œ even the mustang II did this. Yes the fox platform was definitely 1980s styling and dated but different than the past and present ( retro) models my favorite was the 84 - 86 SVO. Yeah I looked at a new mustang before the civic but I couldnā€™t see myself pay 30k for a car with a tight and cheap looking interior and trying to look like a 1967 mustang and corvette mixed together in my opinion. Same here no rush yet also but the next car will be Japanese most likely a Honda or Acura :)

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I love my Si but it just isnā€™t enough for me. I really want to wait for the new WRX STi to come out and see what thatā€™s about. Iā€™ve really been interested in AWD lately. Weā€™ll see though. By the time my car is paid off, there will be something out thatā€™s really nice.
This'd be in a few years of course but either another Si, Type R, WRX/STI, Miata, Veloster N, Mustang GT, Camaro SS, Challenger R/T or BRZ. I really want manual though that's for sure.

Last edited:

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I have a Blue Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance on order. It'll arrive on December 17th. Trading in the SI. It's been a great car, but I'm ready to go electric :)
Smart move dangerz!
1. With your Tesla you will get your updates(over the air!) for free instead of the soul crushing experience of going to the Honda dealer, having to wait in their crummy customer area, having the high school dropout mess up the update to your lackluster infotainment system, and then paying for an all around terrible and infuriating experience.
2. The Tesla actually does have an excellent stock audio system..I mean, it's really, really good. This is something that's never been done by a car company before.
3. Oh yeah, that disturbing fact that gas went up 20% or more over the last year? You don't EVER have to pay for gas again!

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To be perfectly honest the best looking mustangs where 1979 - 1993 ( fox platform) or what some would say the ā€œ fairmont mustang ā€œ the reason I say this is because itā€™s wasnā€™t trying to look like a 64 1/4 to 73 ā€œ the retro look ā€œ even the mustang II did this. Yes the fox platform was definitely 1980s styling and dated but different than the past and present ( retro) models my favorite was the 84 - 86 SVO. Yeah I looked at a new mustang before the civic but I couldnā€™t see myself pay 30k for a car with a tight and cheap looking interior and trying to look like a 1967 mustang and corvette mixed together in my opinion. Same here no rush yet also but the next car will be Japanese most likely a Honda or Acura :)
And that's one issue, the Stang and even worse the current 6th Generation Camaros get pricey, one you step up to a V8 and well optioned interior and performance packages. I will look into Acurua as well for the next generation TLX turbo six and AWD as well.

Again no rush lol:)

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
And that's one issue, the Stang and even worse the current 6th Generation Camaros get pricey, one you step up to a V8 and well optioned interior and performance packages. I will look into Acurua as well for the next generation TLX turbo six and AWD as well.

Again no rush lol:)
While more expensive the bang for your buck factor is pretty hard to argue especially considering the coyote motor can handle above 700whp on stock internals.

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
While more expensive the bang for your buck factor is pretty hard to argue especially considering the coyote motor can handle above 700whp on stock internals.
True, but if it becomes my daily drive with my little guy, I would like 4 doors. And once modern pony cars are optioned up well, it give me more options in that price range. I had 2 brand new Mustang GT's, well optioned Supercharged Saleen, and even a Pontiac Trans Am. I will only buy Pony Cars and Muscle Cars with V8's and well optioned interiors.

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
True, but if it becomes my daily drive with my little guy, I would like 4 doors. And once modern pony cars are optioned up well, it give me more options in that price range. I had 2 brand new Mustang GT's, well optioned Supercharged Saleen, and even a Pontiac Trans Am. I will only buy Pony Cars and Muscle Cars with V8's and well optioned interiors.
Completely agree with you on that, once you option them out to your liking you start getting close in price range to some other nice sporty options that are 4 door and still fast. I also plan to get my GT if I do end up with it with tons of options so it does have me considering other things in that price range. I personally have never owned a V8 but my dad has always had both jap and american V8 so I honestly like both but want to finally experience having a V8 of my own now that I can. Will always love japs but I want something different for once.
Sponsored