What can the infotainment do?

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
I have questions about the infotainment.
1) There are about 3-4 empty screens, and how can I get rid of them?
2) There is an "apps install" icon, can I install any apk from USB? Clash of Royale :headbang:
3) Any tips and hidden tricks we can do with it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Plus i dont browser and any app preinstalled? How can i get browser indtalled?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I have questions about the infotainment.
1) There are about 3-4 empty screens, and how can I get rid of them?
2) There is an "apps install" icon, can I install any apk from USB? Clash of Royale :headbang:
3) Any tips and hidden tricks we can do with it?

(1) You cannot get rid of them (easily - need Honda Hack)
(2) You cannot install any additional apps (easily - need Honda Hack)
(3) Lots of Hidden tricks, most hidden so that you do not get yourself into trouble.

Do NOT mess with Honda Hack, until you are fully up to speed with what it is, and the implications of installing it.

Perhaps the easiest thing to do is to "enable" the Browser. It is there, but currently disabled. (search on 2018 Honda civic enable browser).

I would strongly suggest you do some significant reading and research, before even attempting to mess with Hidden settings in the Head Unit.
There are lots of posts in the forum .. use the Forum Search
Also lots of info on Google, and even some YouTube videos, especially on how to re-enable the browser.

Just be CAREFULL !!

OP
OP
EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Then, what does the "installer app" do? It seems to look for apps from USB drive.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Then, what does the "installer app" do? It seems to look for apps from USB drive.
NOT A LOT !!!

I believe it can install an given app, provided it has a special unique name.

HondaAppCenter_A1 (Note: No .apk at end)

In reality, it seems to be there as a leftover, that should have been removed or disabled, as all it servers is a way to frustrate & tease the car owner.

It may be something for the Dealer to use, to install whatever they need to install to diagnose/fix the head Unit ... but I have NEVER heard of any dealer actually being able to do anything of any significance with the head Unit, apart from replacing it.

Dealer Quote "We are not software engineers" (Lame Excuse)
Well neither are 99% of the population, but that does not the general public from using a computer and installing software on it...

did find this .. looks somewhat COMPLICATED just to install an Android App.

Last edited:

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Country flag
It doesn't do much aside from exist, I recently did the Honda hack rooting. ItsI got some neat useful things in it however you don't actually need it unless you're wanting to install Waze or youtube or Netflix or any one of the tuner software pieces for the unit.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
It doesn't do much aside from exist, I recently did the Honda hack rooting. ItsI got some neat useful things in it however you don't actually need it unless you're wanting to install Waze or youtube or Netflix or any one of the tuner software pieces for the unit.
One super important use for a rooted head unit is using apps for tuning solutions (Ktuner or Hondata). This is really the only thing I use the Honda Hack for.

Waze, Spotify, etc., I still keep on my phone with one of those vent iphone mounts.
Sponsored