What can I use to get water stains off my seat?

xnjjgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Thanks in advance.

Honda Civic 10th gen What can I use to get water stains off my seat? IMG_4407.JPG
Sponsored

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
You could try a mixture of dawn soap & water , scrub with a clean towel & give it time to dry. Hope this helps , always start with simple soap & water , before busting out crazy chemicals. If that fails , you could try purple power or orange cleaner , just make sure to dilute it properly with water. If that fails , you'd need to seek out a extractor & detail professional.. once you remove the stain , get ahold of some fabric guard 303 & treat all of your fabric , that will pretty much make your fabric water proof & the liquid will just roll around on the surface. Good luck buddy

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes S63 Cabriolet
If you as a steam cleaner It will be easy, That's what my grandma use for her old truck, it works really well.Or use a brush + soapy water.

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Country flag
To clean water stains on car seats, remove any debris that can hinder your cleaning by vacuuming the interior of your car.
But if your interior is already cleaned and you just want to get rid of a small but noticeable stain from upholstery in car, you can instead vacuum the car seats and the area surrounding it thoroughly.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
That's just regular cloth fabric right? Use tuff stuff or turtle wax interior cleaner. Just spray the shit all over and scrub in then wipe away with clean moist towel/rag.

Jmaxiron

First Name
Marion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si 2dr
Country flag
The first crucial step in removing stains from car seats is to thoroughly vacuum them. This step is essential as brushing or spraying without vacuuming can spread the dirt around, making the seats even dirtier.
Also to remove water stains from car seats, one can use white vinegar or baking soda mixed with water and applied with a soft cloth, or use a leather cleaner specifically designed for stains on leather seats.
Here is an article on how to get water stains out of cloth car seats you may check, hope will be helpfull for you.

Last edited:

Magnum

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Honda Civic Coupe FC4
Country flag
I got a RugDoctor machine that I use, it really helped me clean the seats. Not 100% perfect but next time I use it (likely this weekend in fact) I'll vacuum it first, then use my steam cleaner, then finally hit it up with the RugDoctor and see how that goes.