What bushings to buy? Dropping subframe

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
What bushings are recommended I replace when I drop the subframe to replace my motor?
Sponsored

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
There’s no subframe bushings I think. But you can get subframe rigid collars from spoon or other knock offs like magic collar or plm.

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I could have sworn I read somewhere that the touring has hydraulic subframe bushings or something like that.

But since the subframe is coming off I figured I could do sway bar and tie rod ends and lower control arm bushings.

I'm just curious if anyone else here knows what bushings commonly fail early

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
If you were considering the Whiteline anti lift kit, that would be the best time to install them. The stock control arm bushings are not known to fail prematurely, but the WL anti-lift kit come fitted with harder durometer bushings.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
Spoon collars, Whiteline ALK for sure also RV6 lower control arm spherical bushings.

Fctouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX 2.0 6mt
Country flag
The Whiteline ALK is installable without dropping the subframe. the Anti-lift kit replaces both rubber inner control arm bushings with poly ones that push the resting position forward ever so slightly. basically all other lower control arm bushings you can get would replace the ALK's. Whiteline sold a full control arm assembly not too long ago and i would recommend getting that so you can also get a roll center adjuster as well as a thicc bushing and bracket. As far as i'm aware the only one you can replace under the subframe is the front swaybar bracket bushing which i've only seen sold as part of a swaybar kit.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
If you ever thought about upgrading the front sway bar now would be the perfect time with the subframe out.
Sponsored