das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
You may want to look at some of the oil analysis reports. My report on the Honda oil at 10k showed a pretty big drop in viscosity and I drive super soft (42-44mpg average). Based on all the analysis we've compiled, I would never run Honda's oil to 10k.
I'll monitor it by changing it out and doing an oil analysis. I'm pretty sure what's in the car now is the bulk oil from the dealer from my 1st oil change (9k miles roughly). This will be my 2nd change at 18k miles
Sponsored

10Gensi

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
I've been running AMSOIL SS 0w20 in my car for the last 30,000 miles. I've been taking analysis of my AMSOIL as well and it's holding up to 10,000 mile changes beautifully.

My dad has been running the AMSOIL OE 5w30.
Wow thats good to know considering im leaning hard to try amsoil ss in my next change. I live in FL and the heat and humidity is ridiculous sometimes so I was thinking of going from the 0w20 to 5w30 whats your opinion on this?

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow thats good to know considering im leaning hard to try amsoil ss in my next change. I live in FL and the heat and humidity is ridiculous sometimes so I was thinking of going from the 0w20 to 5w30 whats your opinion on this?
I'm not planning on putting anything other than AMSOIL in my Civic, it performs way too well. The viscosity is barely affected by the fuel dilution caused by the TCDI and my MPG went up 3mpg average since changing.

You can look through the analysis reports, I think there is a few people not running 0w20. I'm not going to recommend going to an oil weight other than what Honda recommends.

10Gensi

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
I'm not planning on putting anything other than AMSOIL in my Civic, it performs way too well. The viscosity is barely affected by the fuel dilution caused by the TCDI and my MPG went up 3mpg average since changing.

You can look through the analysis reports, I think there is a few people not running 0w20. I'm not going to recommend going to an oil weight other than what Honda recommends.

Awesome thanks for the info appreciate it!

yotzmit

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag

What amsoil do you use I see that there are 3 types of 0w20

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Valvoline Synpower only. I've tried them all in many different vehicles and Synpower goes the longest with the least amount of top end noise and best oil analyses. I don't even waste my time thinking about it anymore.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag