What are your top 3 complaints with the Civic Si?

rushwal

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What I mean is that since you bought the car used, the first owner could have deleted the chrome trim. It wasn't sold new with black trim.

Sold new in early Oct 2017 from a dealership in CT. Traded mid Dec 2017 to the local Honda dealer here in Auburn. 5,900 miles. Excellent condition. The dealer is up on a hill overlooking Rt. 20, so you only see the front line of cars, so it had much cookie-loos when you drove up to the front, but with this color, few takers.

Wife and I were going in that week to look (and buy) at a new Accord, but saw this on their used inventory on the web...that changed what we were thinking of getting right there....still need a new daily driver later this year when the Ford Fusion reaches its end (2006, 195k, soon to need a full exhaust, plenty of dings and small scratahes), and we like the Accords, but I can be swayed by a Civic Touring when that time comes...
Sponsored

lucke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe, 2007 LBP S2000, 2017 MLP CR-V Touring
one other thing that i'm pretty disappointed about is the lack of BLIS (blind spot indicators), i'd much rather have those than the camera system.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
one other thing that i'm pretty disappointed about is the lack of BLIS (blind spot indicators), i'd much rather have those than the camera system.

Agree with ya on that. Prefer BSM!

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
I would prefer that as well, lanewatch is kinda silly. Also don't like how it's only one side. I have a good mirror setup so not a huge deal but still.

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
1. seatbelt is not adjustable
2. auto-dim rearview mirror not standard
3. lack of touch controls on the steering wheel (i got really used to my wife's 17 CR-V Touring with this feature and now miss it)

bonus complaint: while the Honda sensing camera on the pass. side is kinda cool and useful at times, it throws off the balance of the car, aesthetically.
Is that specific to the coupe? My sedan is adjustable.

rushwal

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They could have integrated the camera into the mirror housing instead of making it look like an afterthought.

I would prefer that as well, lanewatch is kinda silly. Also don't like how it's only one side. I have a good mirror setup so not a huge deal but still.
Sponsored