First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you go OEM w the wiring adapters it's going to run anywhere from $1,200 to $1,600. These DEPO units are actually plug and play :thumbsup: They also have them used $250 to $500 a piece. Depending on condition. They're not cheap. One of the reasons I was pissed about missing out on the refresh :D

There not going to be same quality as the OEMs. But they appear to be pretty good for the price :thumbsup:
I installed depo on some of my old Mercedes cars and currently running a set on my Tacoma. In both instances they were as close to factory as any other maker of repop I have found. Usually their taillights are also identical to oem. Not sure on these civic ones but just want to give my experience with the brand. By the way, my Tacoma ones also came plug and play with DRLs and I paid about $500 for a set compared to factory $1500 each.

Oh and by the way I did buy my Depo brand headlights for the Tacoma from USR with a coupon. I've had these headlights in the truck for over a year with no issues.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
maggs_10thgen

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
I installed depo on some of my old Mercedes cars and currently running a set on my Tacoma. In both instances they were as close to factory as any other maker of repop I have found. Usually their taillights are also identical to oem. Not sure on these civic ones but just want to give my experience with the brand. By the way, my Tacoma ones also came plug and play with DRLs and I paid about $500 for a set compared to factory $1500 each.

Oh and by the way I did buy my Depo brand headlights for the Tacoma from USR with a coupon. I've had these headlights in the truck for over a year with no issues.
Thanks for the info bro :thumbsup:

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
I emailed them a bunch of questions. Including the output. Waiting to hear back from them. Long as the beam is better then the stock halos I'm cool with that.

Update: He said it uses Osram LED chips which are very good. He also said the output would be "similar"

How similar is anybody's guess
IIRC there is a thread testing the aftermarket LED's headlights and I seem to recall they were all deemed inferior to the OEM setup. Which is now inferior to the new OEM setup.

the biggest problem I have with these is that you can piece together a used OEM set with adapter harness for a little more money.

As for Depo, they are one of the better (if not best) aftermarket headlight makers. Having said that, they are cheaper than OEM for a reason.

Silversi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
I've used several DEPO products on my cars over the years and never had an issue with them. Good stuff!

OP
OP
maggs_10thgen

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
IIRC there is a thread testing the aftermarket LED's headlights and I seem to recall they were all deemed inferior to the OEM setup. Which is now inferior to the new OEM setup.

the biggest problem I have with these is that you can piece together a used OEM set with adapter harness for a little more money.

As for Depo, they are one of the better (if not best) aftermarket headlight makers. Having said that, they are cheaper than OEM for a reason.
Yes they improved the OEM LEDs in 2019 because they had been rated really low. The main reason I'm getting these is to dress up the front end. If they look exactly like OEM and have better beams then the stock halos I'm happy. I prefer plug & play verse used joints with an adapter. But I'll keep my options open and see whats out there in the used market :thumbsup:

This is from the guy:

2. Yes, DEPO pretty much mimic what OEM has, uses the highest quality LED chips, DEPO uses Osram, so the output is similar.

Last edited:

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Yes they improved the OEM LEDs in 2019 because they had been rated really low. The main reason I'm getting these is to dress up the front end. If they look exactly like OEM and have better beams then the stock halos I'm happy. I prefer plug & play verse used joints with an adapter. But I'll keep my options open and see whats out there in the used market :thumbsup:
The poor rating of the LED's is not due to the output, but is due to the glare. The new LED's have even better output, but they still have glare issues and are still rated poor because of it.

If you are mainly concerned about appearance, the aftermarket LED replacements are probably fine.

OP
OP
maggs_10thgen

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The poor rating of the LED's is not due to the output, but is due to the glare. The new LED's have even better output, but they still have glare issues and are still rated poor because of it.

If you are mainly concerned about appearance, the aftermarket LED replacements are probably fine.
If I can find a clean OEM set used, I'll keep my options open :thumbsup:

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dude, that's messed up. I was conversing with him back and forth on the new headlights that he had bought. I just sent him a message asking what was up with not sending you the headlights. But I also noticed that when I look at his profile it's now saying that he doesn't have any threads or posts. That's some shady stuff right there.

OP
OP
maggs_10thgen

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dude, that's messed up. I was conversing with him back and forth on the new headlights that he had bought. I just sent him a message asking what was up with not sending you the headlights. But I also noticed that when I look at his profile it's now saying that he doesn't have any threads or posts. That's some shady stuff right there.
I actually got a txt this am from USPS stating they shipped. Let's see what happens. This could have been a potential scam or a misunderstanding.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
These appear to be a better option for around $450 vs spending 1k + on the OEM joints.

I found this pic on a before/after comparison.

DSC_0007.jpg
While I don't have experience with this brand, I have a LOT of experience with aftermarket headlight lenses and I will share one horrible truth:
If the OEM lights are shit, aftermarket patent units are 10x worse. It's the most horrible part market in the world. lol. Nothing but shit.

Now that I've cleared my throat, if you want to get them, my advice is to save up for the real deal. If you decide to buy the aftermarket ones, inspect them very closely along side a genuine Honda light and 100 bucks says you'll send those sick puppies back. If you install them and find out later what a piece of shit they are, it's hard to go back. Usually the original headlight lenses on any car that aren't new will break coming out so you're going to get fooked. :)

CTR-19418

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
They look good. Only good things to say for depo light on other cars I have owned. Sometimes need to be double sealed to prevent excessive moisture build up inside the headlights

OP
OP
maggs_10thgen

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They look good. Only good things to say for depo light on other cars I have owned. Sometimes need to be double sealed to prevent excessive moisture build up inside the headlights
On one of the installs I watched they sealed it prior to the install. This is something I'd definitely do :thumbsup:

OP
OP
maggs_10thgen

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
While I don't have experience with this brand, I have a LOT of experience with aftermarket headlight lenses and I will share one horrible truth:
If the OEM lights are shit, aftermarket patent units are 10x worse. It's the most horrible part market in the world. lol. Nothing but shit.

Now that I've cleared my throat, if you want to get them, my advice is to save up for the real deal. If you decide to buy the aftermarket ones, inspect them very closely along side a genuine Honda light and 100 bucks says you'll send those sick puppies back. If you install them and find out later what a piece of shit they are, it's hard to go back. Usually the original headlight lenses on any car that aren't new will break coming out so you're going to get fooked. :)
Honestly they're a really good deal for the money. Like $431 shipped. They're spot on looks wise. Even though some say the beams aren't as good as OEM LEDs. And you don't have to deal with adapter harnesses.

It would be great if we could get a side by side comparison. OEM LEDs vs DEPO LEDs
Sponsored