What are your long-term plants for your CTR?

redwing497

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda S2000, 2019 CW CTR
Country flag
My plan was always to keep it long term, as I believe it's a great balance between daily driver and sports car. But I find myself being tempted by a Challenger scat pack widebody every single day.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
personally i'm a long termer when it comes to my cars. I'll keep it until something major fails and the cost is just too high and the worth of the car is too low. Or if the car is totaled.

I'd prob still be driving my old 07 Lexus GS350 if its transmission didnt die.
^ This. Granted I bought the R when my Acura was still prime (it's going to my sister so it will be kept until it dies). I plan to keep the R until it can't pass smog. My dad had a 1990 accord and finally had to junk it because it couldn't pass smog. he's a car guy so he did what he could but it wouldn't pass. Had over 500k on it

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I really want to get another daily driver to use for my 1.6 mile morning commute. (I thinking about a Honda Acty haha) I end up driving the R around the block to get the temps up, and I never get to have any fun during the drive because the car is cold the whole time.

Once I get another car to daily, I plan to start modifying the car to be able to handle continuous tracking at full speed (a 2nd set of wheels and tires just for tracking, intercooler, oil-cooler, etc.) and otherwise just use the car for fun drives. I plan to keep the car for as long as I can.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
UNLESS a future generation of the TypeR totally blows me away, I'll keep this Type R forever. That's the plan. This will be my only car until I pay it off...at which point I'll probably snatch up a proper daily. Used Tesla 3, leased Civic/Accord...something in that range. I'm hoping to retire the car from daily duty by 60k miles and just 'restore/upgrade' it from that point.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
Why don’t you guys drive and enjoy your CTRs more? I mean, I understand if it’s a high end exotic or something... but this is a Civic. A fancy Civic, but a Civic nonetheless.

For the cost of getting $2000 more when you sell, you’re denying yourselves the pleasure of enjoying what you already have in your hands. Essentially, you’re preserving the car for the next owner.

Not sure it makes any sense, on a losing investment. You paid good money to ultimately lose even more money.... and you’re only getting minimal fun out of it in between.

As for myself... I bought this car to daily drive. I honestly don’t care how many miles get racked up- all I care is the car is kept looking minty fresh. If in 10 years I get $6000 less for this car, so be it. I’ll have had smiles for miles... and I’ll still get good money for the car anyway. I always talk about keeping a car forever, but to date the longest I’ve ever owned a car is 4.5 years. No idea what will happen with the CTR, but, seeing as manuals are dying and and I refuse to drive any sort of automatic, I can see myself holding on to this for sometime. If another generation of CTR comes out, I’ll take a close look at it and maybe spring for it then. We shall see.
Bought an 06 Si new, drove it for 13.5 years and 320,000 miles. Sold it for $4.5k.

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
UNLESS a future generation of the TypeR totally blows me away, I'll keep this Type R forever. That's the plan. This will be my only car until I pay it off...at which point I'll probably snatch up a proper daily. Used Tesla 3, leased Civic/Accord...something in that range. I'm hoping to retire the car from daily duty by 60k miles and just 'restore/upgrade' it from that point.
If honda goes with 400hp & AWD... that would be a plus... although the looks are a little more conservative... https://carbuzz.com/news/2022-honda-civic-type-r-will-be-100-gasoline-powered

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I really don’t have plans to do put any plants in my Type R. Too much of a hassle to water them and keep them alive. Not a bad idea though as it would essentially become a greenhouse which is good for plant life. Might also get pretty dirty... If you plan on having long-term plants in your Type R I recommend never letting the dirt go dry or it’ll get everywhere. Though spilling of moist dirt might also happen. Place the plants’ pots in cup holders as that will keep them more stable during drives, especially when you decide to give it the gas on a set of twisties. To any planters out there, good luck with your long-term plants in your Type R. Not really something I’d want to do, but it’s not my car.

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
450whp+ on pump PLANTED to the street

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really don’t have plans to do put any plants in my Type R. Too much of a hassle to water them and keep them alive. Not a bad idea though as it would essentially become a greenhouse which is good for plant life. Might also get pretty dirty... If you plan on having long-term plants in your Type R I recommend never letting the dirt go dry or it’ll get everywhere. Though spilling of moist dirt might also happen. Place the plants’ pots in cup holders as that will keep them more stable during drives, especially when you decide to give it the gas on a set of twisties. To any planters out there, good luck with your long-term plants in your Type R. Not really something I’d want to do, but it’s not my car.
A Yucca would be a nice long term plant.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If honda goes with 400hp & AWD... that would be a plus... although the looks are a little more conservative... https://carbuzz.com/news/2022-honda-civic-type-r-will-be-100-gasoline-powered
Well if they go 400hp and AWD the price will skyrocket since that will put the Acura Type S on freeze. Won’t be AWD nor 400hp. They will want to keep the build likely closer to the TC specs in my best opinion similar to current gen just a little more power to haul around the extra weight at the same or slightly better MPG. They are on the road to a green thumbprint.

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Well if they go 400hp and AWD the price will skyrocket since that will put the Acura Type S on freeze. Won’t be AWD nor 400hp. They will want to keep the build likely closer to the TC specs in my best opinion similar to current gen just a little more power to haul around the extra weight at the same or slightly better MPG. They are on the road to a green thumbprint.
Well if they build it closer to the TC specs I agree the the price will reach the summit of Mt. Fuji ;) I appreciate your insight on this. I been wondering about the TLX Type S if it would be an alternative to the Lexus IS500? ;)
Sponsored