What are your hobbies?

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Soccer and disc golf for sports. Also interested in music- both producing and bedroom-DJing.

What I really miss is travelling. I used to take my cars on roadtrips to Europe- most I did was 7000km (4350miles) in 10 days. Lately I've been flying out and renting cars on the spot and then exploring the country for a week or so. Needless to say, this summer's been different in that respect, but I'll try to make it to neighboring Latvia or Lithuania over my vacation.
Sponsored

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
My biggest hobby is RC cars I have 8 total two are nitro and two are 1/8 th scale the rest are 1/10 th scale and I still have my tamiya grasshopper which I upgraded the speed control and motor list Of cars monster truck- electric 1/10
short corse truck - electric 1/10 - stadium truckā€” nitro 1/10
buggy 1/8 electric- buggy 1/8 electric ( brushless) rock crawler- electric 1/16 and track car ( nitro) I have all cars work off one radio I also kayak and play my Roland synthaxe and bass guitar my biggest hobby since I was 10
is still reading about cars there are so many makes and models that most people never even heard of being a single 52 year old male I try to keep my plate full

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Iā€™m looking at buying my first SUP inflatable paddle board. I really want one instead of a kayak. Iā€™d like to get out there at a place I go fishing at in Mayport. Itā€™s saltwater but the pond I fish out of is freshwater. But thereā€™s a kayak launch I want to put in at. Maybe try and do some fishing on the paddle board and land me a nice big Red! I do a lot of fishing during the summer months and when it gets to the colder months, Iā€™m out in the woods hunting deer with the boyfriend. I have a .243 my boyfriend built me for a Christmas present and I killed 2 deer last year. Hoping to get a bigger buck this year. August 15th is when deer season starts in SC in the region his dad lives in but we wait til about the end of October to December to go hunting. Itā€™s to damn hot in August! Lol
Squirrel season in GA starts August 15th as well and is pretty much all my daughter and I have done thus far although the idea of getting a bigger animal to eat has intrigued her. It's a little warm but if we catch some good days... I'll have my daughter out. It's been a few years since I've done anything in FL but I feel like gun season was early/mid November. I got my daughter a little Savage Rascal and added a red dot a couple months ago since she was having issues with the rear peep. Last year she tagged along but this may be her year to start taking a crack at some if she has the desire to. I hunted a bit as a kid but as an adult I mostly just tagged along with one of my uncles who's since passed... but was big into hunting so he could get out of the house since he needed a 'hunting buddy' by then. Pretty much involved me carrying to a spot and sitting with him, but it was time well spent. We do a little pond fishing and there's a decent lake on base you can rent boats on... though the ITT/Outdoor rentals stuff has been depressingly closed for months, so we've just been doing fishing from docks/the side of local ponds.

The paddle board thing sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you have better balance than I do, though. I'd be doing more swimming than fishing off of one. ?

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
My biggest hobby is RC cars I have 8 total two are nitro and two are 1/8 th scale the rest are 1/10 th scale and I still have my tamiya grasshopper which I upgraded the speed control and motor list Of cars monster truck- electric 1/10
short corse truck - electric 1/10 - stadium truckā€” nitro 1/10
buggy 1/8 electric- buggy 1/8 electric ( brushless) rock crawler- electric 1/16 and track car ( nitro) I have all cars work off one radio I also kayak and play my Roland synthaxe and bass guitar my biggest hobby since I was 10
is still reading about cars there are so many makes and models that most people never even heard of being a single 52 year old male I try to keep my plate full
Which radio is that? I have a bookshelf full of those lol

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Squirrel season in GA starts August 15th as well and is pretty much all my daughter and I have done thus far although the idea of getting a bigger animal to eat has intrigued her. It's a little warm but if we catch some good days... I'll have my daughter out. It's been a few years since I've done anything in FL but I feel like gun season was early/mid November. I got my daughter a little Savage Rascal and added a red dot a couple months ago since she was having issues with the rear peep. Last year she tagged along but this may be her year to start taking a crack at some if she has the desire to. I hunted a bit as a kid but as an adult I mostly just tagged along with one of my uncles who's since passed... but was big into hunting so he could get out of the house since he needed a 'hunting buddy' by then. Pretty much involved me carrying to a spot and sitting with him, but it was time well spent. We do a little pond fishing and there's a decent lake on base you can rent boats on... though the ITT/Outdoor rentals stuff has been depressingly closed for months, so we've just been doing fishing from docks/the side of local ponds.

The paddle board thing sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you have better balance than I do, though. I'd be doing more swimming than fishing off of one. ?
I used to dove hunt in SC with my dad. His mom and dad lived in Hollywood, SC. Iā€™ve only went hunting once with him out in the fields by my grandparents house. There was a hunt club there. My boyfriend got me into hunting with him last year. We just started dating by then but we really knew each other for over 10 years or so. I know he told me his ex wife did a little fishing but didnā€™t care much for hunting. She wouldnā€™t go with him anytime he went out to one of the many stands his dad has. His dad has 300 acres in SC.

I killed two deer up there but they were small deer. Still able to eat them. The first one I killed, I was shown how to clean it and of course had to make it a tradition to smear blood on your face lol yeah I know itā€™s gross but thatā€™s what ya do when you get your first deer. Itā€™s a right of passage. Genesis 27:3.

Getting out of the house and going fishing is better than sitting in front of the tv. Especially if youā€™re someone who loves being outdoors. I try to get out to the pond we normally fish at and have luck with. And yep, since everything is still closed on base, canā€™t really do much as far as renting boats and stuff. Hell, thereā€™s a place in St. Augustine we went two weeks ago to do airboat tour and they offer kayak rentals but Iā€™m not sure what their prices run. I would probably do more fishing than paddling anyways ????

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Which radio is that? I have a bookshelf full of those lol
Spektrum DX5C but you have to buy a receiver for each car it took a little while to get all cars on the radio (budget depending ) but itā€™s worth it :)

Honda Civic 10th gen What are your hobbies? image

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used to dove hunt in SC with my dad. His mom and dad lived in Hollywood, SC. Iā€™ve only went hunting once with him out in the fields by my grandparents house. There was a hunt club there. My boyfriend got me into hunting with him last year. We just started dating by then but we really knew each other for over 10 years or so. I know he told me his ex wife did a little fishing but didnā€™t care much for hunting. She wouldnā€™t go with him anytime he went out to one of the many stands his dad has. His dad has 300 acres in SC.

I killed two deer up there but they were small deer. Still able to eat them. The first one I killed, I was shown how to clean it and of course had to make it a tradition to smear blood on your face lol yeah I know itā€™s gross but thatā€™s what ya do when you get your first deer. Itā€™s a right of passage. Genesis 27:3.

Getting out of the house and going fishing is better than sitting in front of the tv. Especially if youā€™re someone who loves being outdoors. I try to get out to the pond we normally fish at and have luck with. And yep, since everything is still closed on base, canā€™t really do much as far as renting boats and stuff. Hell, thereā€™s a place in St. Augustine we went two weeks ago to do airboat tour and they offer kayak rentals but Iā€™m not sure what their prices run. I would probably do more fishing than paddling anyways ????
Dove hunting was a ton of fun... I got to tag along w/family who's had planted fields. It's probably been 20 years since I last went. The first time I went I was 7 or 8 and got to play the role of bird dog... I was a bit small for even a .410 but eventually I got to shoot some and after a first outing where I hit nothing... I caught on. I always thought the pacing of dove hunting was some of the best... and was some of the more... 'social' as you'd be able to shout a good-natured jab at the misses you'd see someone down the field make.

Maybe I'll do it again one of these days... we shall see. I'm trying to make sure if the kids show interest in anything that I try to let them give it a try while they're young and haven't necessarily closed their mind off to things as folks sometimes do as they get older. I'm kind of a mind I'd buy a steak from the grocery store rather than try to knock one down in the woods... but I do see it as an essential skill if you couldn't go to the store to get those essentials for some reason... and it's a very social activity at it's core in a time where people are becoming more plugged in and unintentionally anti-social. I certainly don't have a problem w/folks not wanting to hunt but I do think it's become something that's gotten hard to get into if you weren't born into a hunting family and want to try... and that's a shame. Up until this past century... it was a way of life for many if not most of Americans. I see our eldest generation of hunters passing away who used to take kids out to give it a try... and the 'middle generation' is kind of letting it fall by the wayside for todays youth in the bustle of life and all the technological crutches.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
'middle generation' is kind of letting it fall by the wayside for todays youth in the bustle of life and all the technological crutches.
i here you although I like playing the PlayStation VR games some are ridiculous like VR kite flying
you can go to the dollar tree buy a kite for a buck and actually fly it

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i here you although I like playing the PlayStation VR games some are ridiculous like VR kite flying
you can go to the dollar tree buy a kite for a buck and actually fly it
Yeah. I do like some VR titles. I do some boxing and shooters. You won't catch me playing a fishing game though. No reason to close yourself off from the real world to do something you can do better in real life... and do it with friends.

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dove hunting was a ton of fun... I got to tag along w/family who's had planted fields. It's probably been 20 years since I last went. The first time I went I was 7 or 8 and got to play the role of bird dog... I was a bit small for even a .410 but eventually I got to shoot some and after a first outing where I hit nothing... I caught on. I always thought the pacing of dove hunting was some of the best... and was some of the more... 'social' as you'd be able to shout a good-natured jab at the misses you'd see someone down the field make.

Maybe I'll do it again one of these days... we shall see. I'm trying to make sure if the kids show interest in anything that I try to let them give it a try while they're young and haven't necessarily closed their mind off to things as folks sometimes do as they get older. I'm kind of a mind I'd buy a steak from the grocery store rather than try to knock one down in the woods... but I do see it as an essential skill if you couldn't go to the store to get those essentials for some reason... and it's a very social activity at it's core in a time where people are becoming more plugged in and unintentionally anti-social. I certainly don't have a problem w/folks not wanting to hunt but I do think it's become something that's gotten hard to get into if you weren't born into a hunting family and want to try... and that's a shame. Up until this past century... it was a way of life for many if not most of Americans. I see our eldest generation of hunters passing away who used to take kids out to give it a try... and the 'middle generation' is kind of letting it fall by the wayside for todays youth in the bustle of life and all the technological crutches.
My boyfriend has been hunting since he was a little kid. And him taking me to the woods with him, is like icing on the cake. He sent me a text while we were sitting in the stand (this was last year in Nov./Dec.)and he was telling me thank you for allowing him to share his passion with someone who he cares about and approaches it with an open mind. Iā€™m hoping this year I can shoot down a nice 6 point buck. Iā€™m ready for it!

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My boyfriend has been hunting since he was a little kid. And him taking me to the woods with him, is like icing on the cake. He sent me a text while we were sitting in the stand and he was telling me thank you for allowing him to share his passion with someone who he cares about and approaches it with an open mind. Iā€™m hoping this year I can shoot down a nice 6 point buck. Iā€™m ready for it!
Good luck!

CastorX

First Name
BalƔzs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
I like hiking and taking macro photos, sometimes both at the same time:
Honda Civic 10th gen What are your hobbies? a

And things like these. I think it's called experimental photography.
Honda Civic 10th gen What are your hobbies? b

Honda Civic 10th gen What are your hobbies? b

I'm also into 3D printing, but only on a somewhat basic level... and combine it with macrophotography:
Honda Civic 10th gen What are your hobbies? c

And I like modeling (no CAD, just Blender) for my prints:
Honda Civic 10th gen What are your hobbies? d
Honda Civic 10th gen What are your hobbies? e

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Play in a metal band :headbang:

Mostly Metallica, some other thrash and harder stuff too.

Sound the same hobby with me.

What ā€˜stuffā€™ are you playing in the metal band?

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Playing basketball, watching basketball game, singing in a rock band, running, and travelling.
Sponsored