What are your favorite detailing products?

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
This is the first car I've owned that I actually took detailing seriously. I used some products that seemed ok and got decent results. What do you guys use and what was your experience? I am a novice and only describe my experience with these products. I do not proclaim any of these to be the best.

My paint wasn't that bad. Just some swirls in the fender from my girlfriend rubbing her butt on it :p and winter muck.

Salt residue remover for the entire car.

Meguiars clay kit - 2 bars and detail spray. 1 bar was more than enough for the car.

Griots 3 in 1 - It seemed like a decent product to address my paint issues. I still have some very fine scratches but I feel that was mostly due to my fear of doing too much. Only noticable if you stick your face up to the paint.

After this and a wipe down the paint felt super smooth and was ready for wax.

Chemical guys hydro slick wax - I hate powder residue from traditional waxes. I saw this and thought I'd try it. It went on and came off easily. No residue either. I did 2 applications of this. Chem guys says you can apply a finish on top of this. They recommend their products but I went a different route.

Meguiars Ultimate Paste - I applied 2 coats of this and it did give the gloss a noticeable pop. Also easy to apply and remove, no mess.

So what detail products do you prefer or only use on your R?
Sponsored

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I’ll have to say now it has to be the Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax and detail spray. Synthetic claybar clayzilla ( surfcity garage) carpro iron x and pretty much Meguiars interior cleaning products stoner glass cleaner with newspaper . I just need to find a good tire gel

OP
OP
ExVTEC

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Same here for tires. I've mostly used the Meguiars stuff but nothing really shines as advertised. I may try the carpro perl next.

I’ll have to say now it has to be the Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax and detail spray. Synthetic claybar clayzilla ( surfcity garage) carpro iron x and pretty much Meguiars interior cleaning products stoner glass cleaner with newspaper . I just need to find a good tire gel

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Turtle Wax new line of products is so underrated for the quality they are. I admit previous it was a cheap brand, but they really stepped up their game with their products.

I tend to wash my car weekly if weather permits.
I use:
- foam cannon
- Chemical guys Mr. Pink (foams well)
- Turtlewax Wax and Dry ( spray on after your final rinse and dry as normal. Makes drying the car A LOT easier & no water spots!)
- Groits Garage EXTRA-LARGE PFM EDGELESS DRYING TOWEL (best drying towel this thing handles water like a champ. Can dry multiple cars without this thing being over soaked with water and having to drain it, but a little pricey. Remember dry in one direction not in circles)

...this is where it gets good for a beautiful shine....

(I do this once a month)
- Turtlewax Seal n Shine (using less is more with this product. If you drench spray down a part you’ll get streaking. Use 2 microfiber towels.. one to spread the product and one to pick up excess/dry)
...and the final touch
- Turtlewax Spray wax (same towel method as above, wont streak as much)
See the photos for the beautiful shine after my process!

Honda Civic 10th gen What are your favorite detailing products? 6AE1656E-6D69-4B28-9F4B-6126E02AD8C3

Honda Civic 10th gen What are your favorite detailing products? 1AFAB1D4-EE06-4A48-8BD3-3C1254AFCA64

Honda Civic 10th gen What are your favorite detailing products? 4FE26573-C43B-484D-889D-2C916ECEB292

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Obviously there are better specialized options but the Meguiars Carnuba Wash and Wax from Costco does a pretty good job. Makes it easy to just wash the car and have a nice shine, I’m spoiled since Lunar Silver is hard to get messy but my car always get comments that it looks new even if I haven’t washed it for a while.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I'm a fan of carpro and sonax. Gyeon and adam is good too.

i mainly use the following to wash:
  • carpro reset
  • adams car shampoo
  • adams wheel cleaner
  • sonax leather foam
  • sonax alcantara cleaner
for polishing/protecting:
  • Torq 10fx polisher
  • sonax perfect finish
  • carpro eraser
  • carpro perl (tire and interior)
  • cquartz uk
  • gyeon rim / trim

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
I'm into rinseless washing so my products might be a bit different:

1) McKee's N914 has taken over for ONR for me in terms of the best rinseless wash. Diluted 1:256 in a two bucket wash system for the paint. Diluted 1:256 in 1 bucket for the wheels.
2) Optimum Power Clean diluted 1:3 in an iK foamer to clean the tires, wheels, and as a pre-soak before the rinseless wash
3) The Rag Company's mini miner towels for drying
4) Obsessed Garage's wheel tools (tire brush, Raceglaze brush for the lug nuts, lambskin mitt for the face of the wheel, incredibrush for the barrels, EZ detail brush for tighter areas behind the brake caliper, the wheel wells, and the exhaust)
5) Hyde's Rustopper (also through the OG website) to prevent flash rusting on the rotors after washing the wheel
6) Optimum's Big Red Sponge as my wash media for rinseless washing
7) P&S' Beadmaker as a spray sealant via an iK sprayer. (It uses a lot of product, it is not very durable. But I do this weekly and I still haven't found anything that imparts better glossiness and slickness to the paint)
8) Carpro Perl undiluted via a foam applicator to dress the tires
9) Angelwax air freshners
10) Dyson cordless vac to vacuum the interior
11) N914 dampened on a TRC mini miner towel to wipe down the interior
12) Swissvax Leather Milk to moisturize the steering wheel
13) Adams Microban more recently to hopefully kill off any COVID-19 in my car
14) Auto Fanatic's Secret Weapon, when needed, to hand polish away any small defects (haven't worked up the courage to do a full paint correction using a DA yet)
15) Auto Fanatic's Gloss Enhancer to wipedown after hand polishing with Secret Weapon

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag

• carpro reset
  • adams car shampoo
  • adams wheel cleaner
  • sonax leather foam
  • Torq 10fx polisher
  • sonax perfect finish
  • carpro eraser
  • cquartz uk
  • gyeon rim / trim
Very good stuff you've listed. Big fan of Carpro as well. Only products I'd add that I use frequently are their Hydrofoam, Ech2o and Iron-X. Carpro's stuff is fantastic.

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
Stripwash: Purple Power vehicle & boat in a PF22 foam cannon. 3 bucket wash, wash, rinse, and wheels. 4 incredimits, top, side, side, front, back.

Gyeon Bathe, when I'm not strip washing. Car Pro Iron X, or Eagle One Black and Plasti Dip, Iron Remover. Working the iron remover in with a sponge, or a microfiber, is less damaging than a clay bar.

Tar remover, lower portion of car, all the way around.

Wheels, incredibrush, Carbon Collective UK, brushes. Wheel Whoolies.

Dry: Dallas Paint Correction/ Luxury Microfiber Sucker Jr Drying towel. Ego blower.

IPA Wipe down, Gyeon Prep.

Plastic Trim restorer: Solution Finish.

Windows: Stoners Invisible Glass, Auto Glym glass polish. Griots glass sealant

Wheels: Kamikaze Stance Rim Coat Duplicolor Tire Paint.

Single stage polish, is going to be 3D One, or 3D ACA 520. Rupes Uno etc. Rupes Yellow pads, Rupes LHR75E 3 inch Polisher

2 stage, Sonax Cutmax and for finish, Sonax Perfect Finish. Megs MF Cutting and finishing pads.

Wax and Sealants: Jescar Powerlock Plus. Followed by 2 coats of Collinite 845, topped with Sonax BSD, and BSD topped with P&S Bead Maker.

Ceramic coatings: If you go this route, this is what I've used in the past. Thinking about ceramic coating my CTR, soon. But when I do
1. Kamikaze Miyabi Coat. (base layer)
2. Kamikaze Zipang Coat. (top Layer)
3. Kamikaze Overcoat.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

• carpro reset
  • adams car shampoo
  • adams wheel cleaner
  • sonax leather foam
  • Torq 10fx polisher
  • sonax perfect finish
  • carpro eraser
  • cquartz uk
  • gyeon rim / trim
X2^^^ my detail products are almost identical to yours haha. I love Carpro, Adam's and Gyeon. I haven't tried any Sonax yet.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Forgot to mention P&S is great also! There interior cleaner is top notch IMO.

Honda Civic 10th gen What are your favorite detailing products? IMG_20200330_145933_309

Honda Civic 10th gen What are your favorite detailing products? 20200319_163026

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
1) McKee's N914 has taken over for ONR for me in terms of the best rinseless wash. Diluted 1:256 in a two bucket wash system for the paint. Diluted 1:256 in 1 bucket for the wheels.
I forgot i have that too. N914 is super versatile. I don't use it for rinseless wash but i do use it as a clay lube.

Very good stuff you've listed. Big fan of Carpro as well. Only products I'd add that I use frequently are their Hydrofoam, Ech2o and Iron-X. Carpro's stuff is fantastic.
ah yeah how can i forgot about the ech2o. I have it diluted in a QD ratio and use it as my drying aid.
Although, I have heard of many good things about P&S Bead maker so i may make the switch to that after i use up my ech2o.
I have tried many stuff and what i listed is what i kept. Trying to keep my arsenal to a minimum but it's so hard lol.

Iron-X is great. i currently use adams iron remover since i ordered a gallon of it and it was cheaper than iron-x. Iron-x definitely feels like it works better than the adams iron remover but it was alot more expensive. Probably will move back to iron x after cause i'm not really happy with the adams iron remover.

I have never used hydrofoam. I have used hydro2 before though. I liked it but it was too costly for the durability so i moved away from it.
X2^^^ my detail products are almost identical to yours haha. I love Carpro, Adam's and Gyeon. I haven't tried any Sonax yet.
Nothing but the best! :thumbsup:
Sonax is nice. I have a lot of alcantara pieces on my interior and the cleaner keeps it in top notch shape.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
For you guys who like N914, can you explain how it is better or different from ONR? I have used ONR for a long time so I'm curious about this alternative.
Sponsored