What are your favorite detailing products?

hpham

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Turtle Wax new line of products is so underrated for the quality they are. I admit previous it was a cheap brand, but they really stepped up their game with their products.

I tend to wash my car weekly if weather permits.
I use:
- foam cannon
- Chemical guys Mr. Pink (foams well)
- Turtlewax Wax and Dry ( spray on after your final rinse and dry as normal. Makes drying the car A LOT easier & no water spots!)
- Groits Garage EXTRA-LARGE PFM EDGELESS DRYING TOWEL (best drying towel this thing handles water like a champ. Can dry multiple cars without this thing being over soaked with water and having to drain it, but a little pricey. Remember dry in one direction not in circles)

...this is where it gets good for a beautiful shine....

(I do this once a month)
- Turtlewax Seal n Shine (using less is more with this product. If you drench spray down a part you’ll get streaking. Use 2 microfiber towels.. one to spread the product and one to pick up excess/dry)
...and the final touch
- Turtlewax Spray wax (same towel method as above, wont streak as much)
See the photos for the beautiful shine after my process!
I'm a big fan of turtle wax's new products as well. I did a full detail of my type-r last weekend using their products for protection. I used the turtle wax polish and wax with the griot's g9 polisher to remove the light swirls and scratches, let the wax cure for 24 hours, then used turtle wax ceramic spray on it to add another layer of protection. Great products with some great current reviews. We'll see how long the protection lasts, but I do plan on topping it off once every month or two.
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I'm a big fan of turtle wax's new products as well. I did a full detail of my type-r last weekend using their products for protection. I used the turtle wax polish and wax with the griot's g9 polisher to remove the light swirls and scratches, let the wax cure for 24 hours, then used turtle wax ceramic spray on it to add another layer of protection. Great products with some great current reviews. We'll see how long the protection lasts, but I do plan on topping it off once every month or two.
Been telling everyone these new products are underrated heavily! When I mention turtle wax they give me crazy looks lol, but hey it’ll keep costs down ??‍♂ .. if the demand was increased the prices would soar up

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
For you guys who like N914, can you explain how it is better or different from ONR? I have used ONR for a long time so I'm curious about this alternative.
1) It does a much better job of cleaning the wash media. I've used it in my wheel bucket and the wheel tools are almost spotless after dunking them back in the N914 solution. If it can handle wheel grime, you can imagine the big red sponge and microfiber towels in my paint buckets are almost pristine after rinsing them in N914

2) It's more versatile. Depending on the dilution, you can use N914 as a waterless wash, clay lube (I know ONR can be used for this too), and even paint prep before/after polishing

3) It's stronger. I don't mind so much about this as I typically use an APC for anything stubborn anyway but per online reviews, if you are only using N914 it does a better job of cleaning dirtier areas like the wheels and dirty paint.

4) It's "foamier" for those who just cannot live without foam. I actually have an iK foamer en route to see if I can generate foam from N914 as a pre-soak.

OP
OP
ExVTEC

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Wow some really great info here, So for you guys that know what you're doing how long does it take you from strip to shine?

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
Wow some really great info here, So for you guys that know what you're doing how long does it take you from strip to shine?
I've done the process of ceramic coating on all three of my vehicles and it is honestly not for the faint of heart. I typically will be able to get the initial wash/dry, chemical decontamination (iron/tar), mechanical decontamination (clay bar), second wash/dry, then polish (Carpro Essence) done in one day. I will then proceed with ensuring all polishing oils/residue is removed via Carpro Eraser, apply three coats of ceramic the following day (Carpro Cquartz UK 3.0), then apply the two topcoats (Gliss) the following day. I will then allow the vehicle to sit undisturbed in the garage for the next few days prior to introducing it back into the elements. From start to finish, I figure on six to seven days of down time for whatever vehicle I'm working on. I have two sons, which take the majority of my time as they should, so the process admittedly takes me longer than some.

Please note that a lot of the above is due to personal preference and self-preservation. You can complete the process quicker, but the key is to absolutely NOT cut corners with respect to your surface preparation. That is a key whether you're ceramic coating, waxing, sealing, etc.

The process, when done correctly, does take significant time to complete. But, the results are truly amazing. As info, I coated my truck more than two years ago and after a wash, it truly still looks like I just coated it. It's amazing how long some coatings will last if well-maintained/applied. Best of luck.

levimcmanus

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 1.5
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If anyone is looking for an absolutely great tire shine that won't sling all over your car and make a mess while looking grest, I'd recommend Cover All by superior products. It is extremely great stuff! This tire shine may be hard to find. The only place I can find that carries it is O'Reilly auto parts. I also use 303 aerospace protectant on my interior plastics which leaves them with a great non greasy look while protecting them also! And a great car soap is chemical guys Mr Pink.

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
I've done the process of ceramic coating on all three of my vehicles and it is honestly not for the faint of heart. I typically will be able to get the initial wash/dry, chemical decontamination (iron/tar), mechanical decontamination (clay bar), second wash/dry, then polish (Carpro Essence) done in one day. I will then proceed with ensuring all polishing oils/residue is removed via Carpro Eraser, apply three coats of ceramic the following day (Carpro Cquartz UK 3.0), then apply the two topcoats (Gliss) the following day. I will then allow the vehicle to sit undisturbed in the garage for the next few days prior to introducing it back into the elements. From start to finish, I figure on six to seven days of down time for whatever vehicle I'm working on. I have two sons, which take the majority of my time as they should, so the process admittedly takes me longer than some.

Please note that a lot of the above is due to personal preference and self-preservation. You can complete the process quicker, but the key is to absolutely NOT cut corners with respect to your surface preparation. That is a key whether you're ceramic coating, waxing, sealing, etc.

The process, when done correctly, does take significant time to complete. But, the results are truly amazing. As info, I coated my truck more than two years ago and after a wash, it truly still looks like I just coated it. It's amazing how long some coatings will last if well-maintained/applied. Best of luck.
Exactly what he said. I’m not going to say that it takes this long, but he explained that. The process is the same, however. This is how to do it and not cut corners. I’ve seen detailers spend anywhere between 70 and 200 hours, detailing a car. Clearly with this amount of time, they are chasing every nook and cranny with a toothpick. See “white details”, on YouTube, for instance. I can watch his channel for hours.

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
For the cost of their products, I’ve never been let down by Mothers

If price is no object, I love me some Zymol

Overall, they all do 90% the same thing. Proper prep of the paint is more important than the products used. A detailer with experience and the right tools can make a car look show car ready using anything, even TurtleWax

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
S100 Wax - this is the best wax I've used. I'm sure PS100 is slightly better, but I've always preferred the value proposition of S100. Great depth, easy wipe on wipe off, doesn't stain. My go-to Topper.

Klasse AIO - Works as advertised

Mother's CMX - Shocked at how well this seems to work - lasted a whole year with a half assed application. Doesn't do much in the looks department but it beads like a mofo

Mother's Claybar - I'm sure brand doesn't matter, but this is the cheapest clay I see on the market and it works great. Takes all the mystery out of sap/bug/tar/overspray/pollution fallout removal.

I've never been a fan of tire shine. Looks good for like a day and then looks like ass. I prefer just scrubbing the sidewalls and going with a natural look.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Paint polish: Sonax Perfect Finish
Compound: Jescar Correcting Compound
Pads: Rupes Yellow, Rupes White, Meguiars MF Cutting Disc
DA Polisher: Rupes LHR15 II
Soaps: Gyeon Foam, Gyeon Bathe / Bathe Essence, Chemical Guys Clean Slate, Kamikaze Anti Aging Shampoo
Wash media: Rag Company Wash Mitt, Speed Master Wheel Brush, Tuff Shine Tire Brush
Wheel cleaners: Sonax Full Effect, P&S Brake Buster
Coatings: Kamikaze Zipang, Kamikaze Miyabi, Kamikaze Overcoat, Kamikaze Stance Rim Coat
Tire Dressing: Carpro Perl, AMMO Mud
Glass cleaner: Invisible Glass
Decontamination: Carpro IRONX, Carpro TARX, Carpro Eraser, Sonax Clay Disc
Foam Sprayer: IK Foam Pro 2
Foam Cannon: MTM Hydro PF22.2

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
*wash with CR spotless Simple Chuck de-ionizer for spot free, no touch drying
*Pinnacle clay bar
*Menzerna 4500 polish applied with Flex RO to remove any swirls
*Menzerna Nano finishing polish also applied with Flex RO
*Pinnacle Souveran carnauba paste wax
*between detailing sessions I use Pinnacle Crystal Mist QD spray.

Makes black look absolutely awesome.

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Having nice older BMW's and now a few nice air cooled Porsches, my go to place for detail products is carcaronline as they have the best professional products out there
Zaino products are also top notch and they make the best non scratching towels
Sponsored