What are your complaints with the type R?

Deleted member 25522

• gas tank small
  • tires small
  • turning radius big (forget u-turns, 3-point turns in this car)
Sponsored

battledog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Country flag
The media unit and dashboard is crap. Keeps crashing and I have to reset to factory. Had this issue with my old Si and my current R.

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
1. Wheel/Tire Size: I bought 18" performance wheels and tires and haven't looked back. The OEM wheel/tire combo are just too bumpy for a decent ride as a daily driver. It's already a noisy car in the cabin; why make it so bumpy on top of that? I was occasionally embarrassed when my wife rode in the car with me until I swapped out to 18's. It is a much smoother ride now, and it came with a 40-lb decrease in weight, too.

2. Exhaust Sound: My next mod will definitely be a new exhaust. I have owned my R for a year and while I didn't mind the exhaust note at first as I was getting to know the car, it's become a real source of frustration for me as I want something louder and more fun.

3. 0-45mph Acceleration: This will probably be the reason I part with the car 5+ years in the future. At some point, I will want something that actually is fun as soon as you put the pedal down as opposed to fun once you hit 45+mph in a straightaway. I love the car, but this is its one glaring weakness and there is essentially no mod that can improve this without costing a fortune.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As others have said:

• 20 inch wheels with no sidewall summer tires
  • Stock exhaust sound - fixed by installing aftermarket one (no regrets)
  • Super weak body paint
  • Occasional rattles
  • Small gas tank

breakingakajav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 91 Miata, 19 X-trek
Country flag
- Wheels, 20"s are you serious? give us 18''s!!

- Speakers - they're okay, but why not just give us a better sub and a bit higher quality interiors?

- Paint It's really cheap.

- IC really wish it was bigger

- Exhaust sound - look wise it's pretty sexy but where's the fucking sound? Our cars look loud, it is almost as quiet as a fucking tesla...like come on.

- on the pre-20's the fake rear and front vents...like ??? whyyyyyy?

- entertainment system should be snappier than it is.

- Why do we not have a standard trunk liner? It's a hatch for practicality right?

- floor mats, looks good but are cheap and thin

- interior lights, I legit swapped to LEDs before I even got my car because people were complaining about it on here and boy were they right. I couldn't find Gabourey Sidibe in my car if I had to rely on the OE lights.

- Reflective LED front lights, what? WHY? I want to see the fn road. Just use a small led for the jewel side and give me actual light for the road.

- Rear lights not LED/sequential, including non-sequential front lights - it's 2018+ right? so why cheap out on it?

- Shifter boot - that pleather is so cheap I don't even think I can find a replacement at the dollar store....like, why not make that alcantara?

- Side vent on front 1/4 panel, um, we're doing this fake CF thing but left matte black plastic there? ........why?

- Optional/mandatory JDM yellow LED/HID fogs. I don't think there's a person who is into these cars that would object this.

- Drive settings: why do i not have a custom setting? like give me the option to have sport steering + suspension with R throttle response...etc etc.

- I'd like a clutch with a "tad" more grab, this one works fine but lacks that....."feel"

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
As others have said:
*Small tank
*Heavy wheels
*Tiny sidewalls
*Brake noise
*Weak stereo

In addition to the above, I am not fond of the noises the front diff makes...it's like a grumble/groan when I let off throttle. I would have also preferred the seats be black (maybe with red accents) instead of red. I love the seats but red is going to show everything.

Other than those items, I still love it!

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Ok how do you address cheap paint?

Nfrpogiboi

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GE8, FK8
Country flag
My biggest complaint is that the R is too fast to have fun with on normal roads (at least here in Washington state).

The only ways to truly have fun with this car is to either run it uphill in the canyons or on the track.

Other than that, i have no complaints and the car is solid in every way imo.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Ok how do you address cheap paint?
The best option would be to do a paint protection film. I kind of regret not doing that. But to be honest, I probably would have needed to cover just about every panel on the car.

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
It makes driving addictive :headbang:

Minor change:
- make the mode settings (comfort, Sport, R) remain static versus defaulting to Sport after every driving session
- TPMS meter for each wheel
- make the A/C mode not default to ON every time the climate control system is activated; this really makes zero sense, and can break the compressor if the temperature outside is cold

Dipz

First Name
Dipz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Type R
Country flag
I have 800 miles on mine, and the transmission feels clunky lol.
Sponsored